Couscous?

hjanea

Silver Member
Hi, I'm new to SW online and it looks like couscous is free but is that just the stuff you make yourself? What about flavoured dry out of a packet that you add water to-I haven't added any fat to it and it was lovely. Don't want to think I've found something thats lovely and free to find out I should have synned it.
Thankyou.x

Thanks Ruthie-it was a waitrose garlic and coriander. I have some morrisons lemon and coriander(i think) in the cupboard too.
When you go to meetings do you get a book with branded things in as the online syn calculator doesn't seem to be working for me-must be me!LOL!!
Edited to add-I've found it on the online calculator-its 1syn for the whole pack and I had half yesterday and half today so I'm happy with that.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks Ruthie-it was a waitrose garlic and coriander. I have some morrisons lemon and coriander(i think) in the cupboard too.
When you go to meetings do you get a book with branded things in as the online syn calculator doesn't seem to be working for me-must be me!LOL!!

some branded items are on syns online, you just type in who the product is made by first and then you will be able to search for the product. If it isnt listed then you will need to use the syns calculator to work out the syns.

Make sure you select cous cous as your free food and then enter the nutritional information as on the packet, including the weight given for that nutritional information.

a search on syns online

shows that

the waitrose garlic and coriander couscous 110g packet is 1 syn on extra easy or green - 18.5 syns on original

and

the morrisons lemon and coriander is 0.5 syns for 100g cooked on extra easy or green - 7 syns on original

Thanks for all this, I was thinking about maybe having a lemon cous cous with fish. Is cous cous filing? ;)

cous cous is filling yes, and that's ideal having the coriander and lemon flavour with fish :)

I also make my own flavoured one using the plain cous cous: I add a stock cube to the water, cumin, fresh chopped mint and a packet of Butterbuds (1/2 syn per pack). Lush buttery fresh cous cous, ideal as a base for a salad (add chopped peppers, meat or fish etc) xx

Twinkle I looked quickly at your signiture and thought you'd lost 9 stone!!! xx

Twinkle I looked quickly at your signiture and thought you'd lost 9 stone!!! xx

Haha, I'd be but a shadow if that were true, lol.
It's Kilo's furrysmudge, shiny's from SW online. Maybe I should've converted them for this site? :D

cous cous is filling yes, and that's ideal having the coriander and lemon flavour with fish :)

I also make my own flavoured one using the plain cous cous: I add a stock cube to the water, cumin, fresh chopped mint and a packet of Butterbuds (1/2 syn per pack). Lush buttery fresh cous cous, ideal as a base for a salad (add chopped peppers, meat or fish etc) xx

Thanks for this furrysmudge (love the moniker btw)
Will try flavouring my own once the packets of pre-flavoured are done. Got given them to try by a well meaning neighbour, so it's free food of another kind ;)

Twinkle, I'd like neighbours like that lol! They're not high in syns are they, so very nice xx

Twinkle, I'd like neighbours like that lol! They're not high in syns are they, so very nice xx

Hope I like it, it seems very 'bitty', almost looks gritty :confused:

sorry to hijack your post slightly but could you tell me the syn for ainsley harriotts think its roasted veg one as it was lovley and want to get it again as on offer at tescos at minute

thanks

Aromatic Thai Style Couscous, dried, excluding oil & butter, 100g cooked ½ 6½ ½ Citrus Kick Couscous, dried, excluding oil & butter, 100g cooked 1 7 1 Lemon, Mint & Parsley Couscous, dried, excluding oil & butter, 100g cooked 1 7½ 1 Moroccan Medley Couscous, dried, excluding oil & butter, 100g cooked ½ 7 ½ Roasted Vegetable Couscous, dried, excluding oil & butter, 100g cooked ½ 7 ½ Spice Sensation Couscous, dried, excluding oil & butter, 100g cooked ½ 6½ ½ Sun-dried Tomato & Garlic Couscous, dried, excluding oil & butter, 100g cooked 1½ 7½ 1½ Tomato Tango Couscous, dried, excluding oil & butter, 100g cooked ½ 6½ ½

That's ee, original, green.

Sorry it didnt come out very well :-/ xx

I also make my own flavoured one using the plain cous cous: I add a stock cube to the water, cumin, fresh chopped mint and a packet of Butterbuds (1/2 syn per pack). Lush buttery fresh cous cous, ideal as a base for a salad (add chopped peppers, meat or fish etc) xx[/QUOTE]

I love cous cous as part of my Vegetarian diet. Do you have any more ways of flavouring it. I loved this idea above, but what are butterbuds?? I keep seeing them on posts.

Lisa xx

Butterbuds are sachets of powdered butter you can get from Lakeland - half a syn per sachet - useful for sprinkling on jacket potatoes, pasta, rice etc, or mixed with water to brush on toast, roast potatoes and stuff.

ahhhhh brilliant, got to say ive missed my butter. I love lurpack but dont want to use my syns on it xx

Butterbuds are sachets of powdered butter you can get from Lakeland - half a syn per sachet - useful for sprinkling on jacket potatoes, pasta, rice etc, or mixed with water to brush on toast, roast potatoes and stuff.

Is Lakeland a high street shop or on line please?

Back