couscous

cheekylau

Hi looking for some inspiration bought some couscous yesterday but have no idea what to add to it. Need simple quick recipes not the most fantastic cook. TIA

Couscous can be used hot or cold! I use it in a salad, 1Knorr "herb stockpot" with the water, tipped over, mixed with a fork, cover for 10 mins, remix & serve.For a salad you can add a tomato cut small, celery, cucumber etc.Take a look at my salad recipes for ideas.
Pete

If you like couscous, you may like bulgar wheat. It's makes a great filling salad.

Once you have 'cooked' the wheat as per he instructions on the packet, add chopped tomatoes, cucumber and spring onion. Also, lots of chopped flat leaf parsley and mint and lemon juice. Salt and pepper.

This can be saved with chicken or fish, or use it to stuff peppers. Gorgeous

200g cous cous, pour over 400 ml chicken stock or veg stock, leave for 10 mins until stock is absorbed and cous cous is fluffy, Grate 4 courgettes and fry in fry light until soft and crispy, tip into the cous cous! Season and squeeze some lemon into the cous cous! Serve with some chicken and its lovely and free on extra easy x

I make mine with chicken stock as above them I stir fry it with some chicken tikka slices and mushrooms and peppers very yummy and filling

I make mine with the slimming world chicken curry on a Extra Easy day. It's a simple recipe and you can do it with just the chilly powder without having to buy all the different spices!

Or you could add it to a salad or make a vegetable curry to serve it with

Back