• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

crafting to keep your hands busy

does anyone do any kind of craft or anything to stop them thinking about food.
i'm thinking about starting crafting for christmas just to keep me busy.
last year i made sock monkeys, pint of socks, hampers and snowman poop and reindeer poop.
this year i'm thinking of making a recipe book for my mum and helping my daugther make a quilt for my son but still looking for other ideas.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

lentil2

Gold Member
I'm a crafter and I find when I get stuck into it, I totally forget about food. It really does help to have something else to occupy your mind.
I am also in the process of setting up a website to sell my crafts and would love to do a Christmas fair too...so I am also thinking about make Christmassy things too! So busy, busy, busy......in-between working aswell!
At this rate I should be thin!!!! Lol

flab fighter

The fat is melting away!
I do cardmaking and scrapbooking might get more into it ready for christmas.

MinnieMel

Why Be Normal?
Hi Ladies,

I scrapbook and sew. I have lots of unfinished projects (which I should complete.

I am thinking about starting to make jewellery (I bought some tools and bits yesterday -- and will start by making repairs to some stuff.)

I want to do mosaics -- and may sign up up for a one day course in late June.

When I craft, I do manage to avoid nibbling and it keeps my mind off of food.

I have a friend who cross-stitches Christmas Stockings. They are lovely.

Mel

Last edited:

MinnieMel

Why Be Normal?
The Coleman's near Northampton does classes. They have mosaic one on June 20th.

You might check the one nearest to you.

Mel

I love crafting (and reading, as my name suggests!). I am almost finished with a crochet blanket and I am thinking of starting a Christmassy one to put on the sofa :D Nothing beats craft to keep the mind from thinking about food :)

I never tried mosaics! I am going to see if I can give it a go soon!