Crappy recipes

Amanda the Leaf

Sounds like a bit of a odd one but I'm just wondering if people have come across SW-friendly recipes they would avoid like the plague - for whatever reason.

It's not necessarily about slagging off someone's recipes but more about what didn't work for you, maybe why you think it didn't work - there might be other people who like it (in which case it's probably just clashed with your taste buds) or people who have tweaked it to make it work (in which case you're not the only person it didn't work for).

For me, I think the worst one I've tried was the Quick Chicken Tikka Masala on the SW website. It was so awful I couldn't finish it, which I was gutted about as it was perfectly good chicken.

I thought about it though and realised why it didn't work. It was basically chicken marinated in tikka spices, yoghurt & lemon juice .... then dumped into a saucepan of fromage frais. So essentially: spiced chicken in a load of dairy products. No additional spices, tomatoes, veg, not even onion. It seems so obvious now!

So based on that I tried the other chicken tikka masala recipe on the SW website and it was lovely!

But someone must have liked that quick recipe for it to have made it onto the website....!

Last edited:
I've made experimental recipes of my own that I have had to tip down the loo!
Easy done.....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Many things!

Not a recipe as such but I have tried time and time again to enjoy butternut squash. In soup....in risotto.....roasted......mashed.....the list is endless!

I've just come to the conclusion it's not for me!

Back