Craving chinese

mjmummy

help i am really craving chinese and biscuits the last few days, i not been 100% for couple days and i just craving chinese. i dont know wether to have it and get it out the way and get back on track tomorrow or try and keep on track a bit.
i only been doing sw for 3 weeks and starting to get a bit fed up but i got such a long way to go yet, i'd love about 7 stone off. i am find it so hard as my hubby eats everything and gains nothing.

Hi,

It's probably a good idea to try not to think you have a long way to go like at some point you won't be eating so healthily once you've lost the weight (Which you will :D ).

It's more about changing the way you eat for life, so if you're really craving that chinese then you don't have to deny yourself. You could just use flexi syns and get back on plan the next day. It's not like you're going to deny yourself takeaway forever and ever and ever so just work it into the plan and don't worry about it. You have to make the plan work for your life so it doesn't feel interminable!

On the other hand if it would make you happier to at least be having a healthier takeaway then simply opt for non creamy dishes, boiled rice over fried, lots of veg etc

These are the healthiest options for Chinese Takeaway:

Beef in Black Bean Sauce 360g 5.0
Beef with Mushrooms 300g 4.5
Chicken and Mushroom 340g 5.5
Chicken Chop Suey with Noodles 300g 5.5
Chicken in Black Bean Sauce 360g 5.0
Chicken in Oyster Sauce 375g 4.5
Ginger and Garlic Prawns with Noodles 440g 5.0
Soup, Hot and Sour 5.0
Fried Rice 300g 4.0

Plain boiled noodles and rice and free but you might as well do your own at home and save money :p

If you really want you can do egg fried rice for free at home too, I do it all the time and it's yummy!

1. Beat egg with 1tbsp water
2. Add COOKED and cooled rice to hot wok/frying pan sprayed with fry light, cook for 3-4 mins.
3. Add veg (frozen peas, mushrooms, sweetcorn, spring onions) cook for 3 mins.
4. Add 2-3 tsp soy sauce, season.
5.Make a space at one side of the pan, add egg, wait til it starts to set a little then break it up and mix it in with everything else.

(This is the SW Best Ever recipe and is Free but I sometimes add bits of cooked chicken, ham or prawns and maybe a bit of sesame oil ( 1 tsp 2.0)or oyster sauce (1tbsp 0.5) to make it even yummier!)

Just for comparison, without my naughty oil/sauce additions this is free, with it's 2-3 syns, Special Fried Rice from the chinese is 9.5! I'd definitely say see if making your own kicks the urge first :)

Eat. Enjoy. :)
I will have to try this, sounds yummy and free, great!!!! thanks

Hi,

It's probably a good idea to try not to think you have a long way to go like at some point you won't be eating so healthily once you've lost the weight (Which you will :D ).

It's more about changing the way you eat for life, so if you're really craving that chinese then you don't have to deny yourself. You could just use flexi syns and get back on plan the next day. It's not like you're going to deny yourself takeaway forever and ever and ever so just work it into the plan and don't worry about it. You have to make the plan work for your life so it doesn't feel interminable!

On the other hand if it would make you happier to at least be having a healthier takeaway then simply opt for non creamy dishes, boiled rice over fried, lots of veg etc

These are the healthiest options for Chinese Takeaway:

Beef in Black Bean Sauce 360g 5.0
Beef with Mushrooms 300g 4.5
Chicken and Mushroom 340g 5.5
Chicken Chop Suey with Noodles 300g 5.5
Chicken in Black Bean Sauce 360g 5.0
Chicken in Oyster Sauce 375g 4.5
Ginger and Garlic Prawns with Noodles 440g 5.0
Soup, Hot and Sour 5.0
Fried Rice 300g 4.0

Plain boiled noodles and rice and free but you might as well do your own at home and save money :p

If you really want you can do egg fried rice for free at home too, I do it all the time and it's yummy!

1. Beat egg with 1tbsp water
2. Add COOKED and cooled rice to hot wok/frying pan sprayed with fry light, cook for 3-4 mins.
3. Add veg (frozen peas, mushrooms, sweetcorn, spring onions) cook for 3 mins.
4. Add 2-3 tsp soy sauce, season.
5.Make a space at one side of the pan, add egg, wait til it starts to set a little then break it up and mix it in with everything else.

(This is the SW Best Ever recipe and is Free but I sometimes add bits of cooked chicken, ham or prawns and maybe a bit of sesame oil ( 1 tsp 2.0)or oyster sauce (1tbsp 0.5) to make it even yummier!)

Just for comparison, without my naughty oil/sauce additions this is free, with it's 2-3 syns, Special Fried Rice from the chinese is 9.5! I'd definitely say see if making your own kicks the urge first :)

Eat. Enjoy. :)

Just how i make mine i also do chow mein stirfry thye veg and chicken with soy and oyster sauce and onions and then add the noodles and serve with the rice

Back