cravings!

sassy30

Day 2 now. Day 1 was a walk in the park. Just feel really hungry tonight. Had a bath, ate soup, drank water but still hungry. Really want some crisps, but i refuse to go into the kitchen-even one bite will be lethal!

Going out for dinner tomorrow night but i am on SS. Do you think one cheat is ok per week - will definitely go to the gym on sat and will have 2 shakes in the day tomorrow.

Why is losing weight so hard? I am always optimistic for the first few days and then junk food gets the better of me. I really hope i can stick with CD!

No - one cheat is not ok a week because it leads to another cheat and another and another and before you've known it, you've blown the diet. Especially so early on! You either have to commit to the diet and do it, or not. You're trying to get into ketosis, the first 3 days are the hardest and you'll make it harder for yourself if you don't stick with it.

You have to have faith in yourself and in the diet, get your head down and get on with it. If you're wobbling so early on, then is it really the diet for you? That's what you have to ask yourself.

I know I may sound harsh, but if it were ok to cheat, it would be written in the book, wouldn't it? If it were ok to cheat, then it wouldn't be "cheating" would it?

Emma xx

I really wouldn't cheat, it's a very slippery slope, believe me, I've been there and done that! Once you get into Ketosis you'll be fine. Stay 100%, it will be worth it!

Dont cheat!! It is slippery road to nowhere (well actually it is a very slippy road to failure!). If you find SS difficult, and do want to join in social times, then talk to your CDC about SS+. You can then choose sensibly, or ask the restaurant for grilled chicken / fish and steamed veg. Not thoroughy exciting I grant you, but enough to know you aint cheated and it will enable you to not feel left out.
Hope you do okay. Tx

Hun i cheated at the weekend and that was after doing it for 6 days and it was the worst thing i could of done! This week has been so hard because of it and i keep thinkin about food now!
If you think it will be to hard on SS try SS+ that way u can still have a low cal meal x

Hi,

You don't really want to be cheating if you can help it, it will only prolong the agony, so to speak.

It never is easy at the start, perhaps this would be like a false start. Once your body has used up its stores of glycogens it for energy it then starts burning fat for energy (ketosis), once in ketosis the hunger pangs tend to go, but unfortunately the craving can linger.

By cheating you’re effectively bringing yourself in and out of ketotis, that you've often struggle to get into, and like I say prolonging the agony, so try and stick with it.

However if you are going out tomorrow and it has been planned for a while and you can't go and not eat or can't cry off as you are only on day 2 I would think about just "pausing" the diet and starting again after the meal, but don't make a regular habit of it.

If you do eat try and stay off the carbs and stick with proteins, preferably white meat or white fish, and veg, (not potato etc), also try and avoid sauces, if they come with say your chicken ask for it on the side so you can take it or leave it or just have a taste.

Just remember the first few days are always the worst, but it’s worth it in the end.

Take care

Hello sassy

Its tough at the beginning of this diet, but it genuinely gets better once you are past the first few days and looking forward to your first weigh-in. It really is best not to think about cheating at this stage; perhaps you could think about all the wonderful things that being slim will bring you. Look at the slides show on this website for inspiration and read all the posts - in the past when I did Lighterlife I dipped into the forums for Cambridge and Lipotrim; anything to give me motivation, a new perspective and occupy my time.
Good Luck!

Back