Crazy ideas to keep u 100%

samthompson17

I don't know if this has already been posted at one time or another but I'd love to here your crazy ideas (even the sane ones) that have helped boost your dieting. I'm finding this really hard compared to the last time I was on it. It can be anything like watching romcoms coz let's face it everyone wants to look like Jen Anniston and seeing her size zero really motivates us. Well me anyway. However a film only lasts 90 mins. So I read a book usually a romantic supernatural type one but instead of the main girl in it I pretend it's my story but envisioning myself thin. I know crazy right but it takes my mind off on eating. I watch family guy or anything Seth has done to lift my mood. Love Futurama to.

It's not that I'm hungry. Not at all. It's the taste of food I miss. So inspire me. It just surprises me how much food was apart of my life and I feel lost with things to do. It's amazing what you associate with food. Like watching tv with hubby we would usually pig in front of tv. So I'm trying to avoid that with him and stay in my room.

So I would love to hear what motivates you or what makes this diet seem a little saner and less boring. Even if I can't try some of them it's still great to know what your secrets is to getting through this diet.

If Im struggling I tell myself I only have to be 100 % for a few days till weigh in, then I can see what Ive lost and decide to eat or not that way im only focusing on a fews days rather than weeks or months. On weigh in days im usually at my most motivated so I always decide to do just one more week. I know its playing mind games but it works for me. Ive never really avoided food whilst on LT I have a family to cook for and I bake etc, Im usually fine with that.

I'm reading 50 shades of Grey at the moment. It definitely fills the time. Lol

Mine aren't exactly crazy but here goes:
Doing more washing so I get to stand there and iron (whilst doing bum clenches to tone;))
Painting my nails, removing it then painting them again, takes longer than first thought!!
Do LOADS of puzzles to try and win prizes, haven't succeeded on the latter part!
Me and my partner are buying our first house together so the Solicitor form's etc are a HUGE task each night!
I go walking, swimming and because our Holiday is 10 weeks tomorrow, same as my weigh in day, that gives me the biggest motivation ever!!:D

Ok now after reading everyone else tips mine will sound ridiculous.

1. I bake fresh cakes and deserts for the kids: in preparation for not eating processed food and my little tasters love it.
2. Make fresh meals, experiment with organic foods and new things and test them out on the family - I then have no input but am somewhat satisfied by the smels.
3. Curb any wants by drinking green tea - never used to like it but seems ok now.
4. Look at the pics that made me do this and in all honesty think of the afterwards health benefits.
5. Wednesday is always the grumpy day though (weigh in on a Thursday) so I tend to do something least sociable - housework etc.

I really could not cook for anyone. I'd be taking sneaky bites. The sweet stuff does not bother me but i am at week 3 and I'm craving the savoury so my hubby has taken over cooking duties. However it will be harder when the schools come out as I'll have to cook her lunch and breakkie lol

I find the evenings very hard so I am going to Zumba classes. They make you sweat but are fun so you end up enjoying it. I feel that I dont want to eat when I get home so after my shower I just have a cuppa and feel grand! :)

Silly as it sounds work is hard for me there is always some kind of temptation - so I put an elastic band around my wrist and every time I think about being naughty then I ping it and it stops me. Works for me most of the time x

That's a good idea!! Keep going, you will be in the dresses before you know it :)

Back