1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by hills30, 19 August 2010 Social URL.

1. hills30

hills30 New Member

Slimming World
    Does anyone know how many syns there are on single cream e.g. elmlea??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. avisk

avisk xx

Slimming World
    Elmlea is NOT cream!! It is a cream substitute made from buttermilk and hydrogenated vegetable oil - and as such should be avoided. Further information - try googling the words elmlea hydrogenated!

For instance http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...trans-fats-STILL-lurking-weekly-shopping.html

These are the syn values:
    Single Cream is 1.5 syns for a level tablespoon
    Elmlea Single is 1 syn for a level tablespoon

Personally the saving of half a syn is not worth eating something with hydrogenated oil in it - and anyway it tastes disgusting (just my personal view, you understand!)
  4. Atomic pink

Atomic pink Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    being better!
    Have to say I don't have a huge problem with using elmlea from time to time - the fact that it keeps in the fridge for longer can be quite convenient.
    I changed to using the long-life soya cream (that doesn't need refridgerating before opening) a while ago but don't know the syn value of that. Does anyone else know?
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.