Cream!

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by hills30, 19 August 2010 Social URL.

1. hills30

hills30 New Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Does anyone know how many syns there are on single cream e.g. elmlea??

Thanks!:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Elmlea is NOT cream!! It is a cream substitute made from buttermilk and hydrogenated vegetable oil - and as such should be avoided. Further information - try googling the words elmlea hydrogenated!

For instance http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...trans-fats-STILL-lurking-weekly-shopping.html

These are the syn values:
    Single Cream is 1.5 syns for a level tablespoon
    Elmlea Single is 1 syn for a level tablespoon

Personally the saving of half a syn is not worth eating something with hydrogenated oil in it - and anyway it tastes disgusting (just my personal view, you understand!)

4. Atomic pink

Atomic pink Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.4%)
    Diet:
    being better!
    Have to say I don't have a huge problem with using elmlea from time to time - the fact that it keeps in the fridge for longer can be quite convenient.
    I changed to using the long-life soya cream (that doesn't need refridgerating before opening) a while ago but don't know the syn value of that. Does anyone else know?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.