Creamy Baileys Cheesecake

chocolatetrish

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone has tried making the Creamy Baileys Cheesecake from the Christmas cook book??? Was it ok or not so great???

It looks really nice in the book but then again they always do!!!

Trish x

Hiya,

I haven't tried it (I don't like Baileys) but someone has posted in the thread in recipes about the new christmas book. They've said it's good but didn't set like it shows in the book. Hope this helps!

hi ya.
yeah i made it, was ok, but the small amount of Baileys couldnt really be tasted :(

Hi, I made it and halved the amount of topping ingredients (but kept the same amount of gelatine) and doubled the amount of baileys. It came in at around 5.5 syns per slice then (i think, i made it a while ago..) It set ok, you could taste the bailey's and it was quite nice but not really worth the hassle so I don't think I'd be bothered again
HTH
:)

I have just made this - and waiting for the base to cool.

I seem to have a LOT of topping - and not enough base - ooooof! its gonna be a cheese-splat more than a cake i think :)

Ah well - trial and error eh? hehe x

Ellebear said:
I have just made this - and waiting for the base to cool.

I seem to have a LOT of topping - and not enough base - ooooof! its gonna be a cheese-splat more than a cake i think :)

Ah well - trial and error eh? hehe x

Let us know how it tastes? If it's yummy would you mind posting the recipe please?x

I started after Christmas and never saw this book. Please may someone send me the recipe for this cheesecake. Thanks :) x

Baileys cheesecake

I made this for a pudding christmas eve.

Firstly the biscuit base wasnt enough so i had to make more just to get it across the tin.
However once it was cooked it rose and was very nice.

Secondly the gelotine went lumpy the first time (powder) this was my fault as ive never used gelatine before so ended up picking lumps out and then mixing more and readding it.

I agree you wouldnt have known it was baileys but i assumed this was because I had used the SW baileys I had made. So would need to add more next time. This would then need more gelotine I assume.

I also agree it didnt set that great, when you remove the sprung sided tin it flopped even with the extra gelotine I added.

Would I make it again.... Yes
but ..... I have been trying to work out how to make smaller ones in ramakin dishes maybe with biscuit sprinkled across the top of the 'cheesecake bit'.

The extra gelotine and baileys may up the syn value so this needs watching.

Any thoughts on how else I could make it or something similar as I love cheesecake but not the cooked variety.

Back