Creative spud ideas urgently needed please!!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi all, I'm going to a buffet evening on Tuesday where we're all taking food and the organiser has asked me to choose from a list of food! I chose 'filled' jackets, so basically jacket potatoes halved and oven baked, insides taken out, mixed with yummy things and replaced! I want to be adventurous and not go for just standard cheese and onion! I would like to do a variety of fillings and put little cocktail stick labels in them! Bacon and blue cheese was one idea! Any other ideas would be much appreciated!! Thanks hunnies!XXX

mix laughing cow cheese for a really cheesy one..

bbq baked beans.. mixed back in with the potatoe and squished back in

tuna and spring onion

chicken and spring onion

red onion and parma ham, with melted mozzerela?

Chicken and sweet chilli philli?
Roast Veg mix?
Chorizo and mozzerela?

When I was a student many years ago I used to make shephard's pie jackets - bake potatoes, scoop out middle and mash. Fill with mince simmered with onions, celery and worcstershire sauce then top with the mash and grate a little cheese on top. Very tempted to make them this week now thinking about it.

1. Tuna, sweetcorn and chives/spring onions mixed with fromage frais/extra light mayo
2. Bolognese
3. Cheese and beans
4. 5 bean chilli
5. Tomato, onion, smoked paprika and bacon, all reduced down
6. Cottage cheese mixed with some chopped prawns
7. Prawn marie rose made with fromage frais, ketchup, lemon juice and some cayenne/smoked paprika
8. Tuna mixed with extra light laughing cow triangles and some chives/spring onions, then grilled. Mmmm - cheesy tuna!
9. Any sort of stew heated up on a potato
10. Salsa (preferably chilled)
11. Plain yogurt, coriander, and diced cucumber and/or red onion
12. Sautéed mushrooms
13. Scrambled egg, tomato and green pepper
14. Curry
15. Coleslaw
16. Tuna, red onion and pepper
17. Philly, chives and chopped ham
18. Philly, chopped cucumber and tomato
19. Tuna, onion, apple and celery in mayonnaise
20. chicken and sweetcorn
21. Roasted vegetables
22. Cream cheese and spinach
23. Tomato, turkey and broccoli
24. Smoked ham and pineapple
25. Bacon and mushrooms
26. Bacon and baked beans
27. Bacon, onion and sweetcorn
28. Cheese and marmite/bovril
29. Crab meat and coleslaw
30. Chickpea dahl
31. Hummus, grated carrot and coriander
32. Smoked haddock/mackeral and sweetcorn
33. Egg mayonnaise

When I was a student many years ago I used to make shephard's pie jackets - bake potatoes, scoop out middle and mash. Fill with mince simmered with onions, celery and worcstershire sauce then top with the mash and grate a little cheese on top. Very tempted to make them this week now thinking about it.

I LOVE THIS IDEA! Im going to be doing that this week, maybe tomorrow!!! :D

Sian, Im loving your ideas

Wow thanks guys, some fab ideas there!!! I don't know what to choose from now!! Sian what a list! XXXXXX

1. Tuna, sweetcorn and chives/spring onions mixed with fromage frais/extra light mayo
2. Bolognese
3. Cheese and beans
4. 5 bean chilli
5. Tomato, onion, smoked paprika and bacon, all reduced down
6. Cottage cheese mixed with some chopped prawns
7. Prawn marie rose made with fromage frais, ketchup, lemon juice and some cayenne/smoked paprika
8. Tuna mixed with extra light laughing cow triangles and some chives/spring onions, then grilled. Mmmm - cheesy tuna!
9. Any sort of stew heated up on a potato
10. Salsa (preferably chilled)
11. Plain yogurt, coriander, and diced cucumber and/or red onion
12. Sautéed mushrooms
13. Scrambled egg, tomato and green pepper
14. Curry
15. Coleslaw
16. Tuna, red onion and pepper
17. Philly, chives and chopped ham
18. Philly, chopped cucumber and tomato
19. Tuna, onion, apple and celery in mayonnaise
20. chicken and sweetcorn
21. Roasted vegetables
22. Cream cheese and spinach
23. Tomato, turkey and broccoli
24. Smoked ham and pineapple
25. Bacon and mushrooms
26. Bacon and baked beans
27. Bacon, onion and sweetcorn
28. Cheese and marmite/bovril
29. Crab meat and coleslaw
30. Chickpea dahl
31. Hummus, grated carrot and coriander
32. Smoked haddock/mackeral and sweetcorn
33. Egg mayonnaise

Now there's a girl who knows her jackets, wow great list , do you eat anything else or was you a student ? maybe you worked for spud-u-like? haha

Now there's a girl who knows her jackets, wow great list , do you eat anything else or was you a student ? maybe you worked for spud-u-like? haha

LOL! :8855: The ironic thing is I very rarely eat a jacket potato (unless it's smothered with butter and cheese it just ain't worth having in my opinion ;))

I was a student for 4 years...only ever had a jacket potato about once a year though, lol! xxx

Thanks for the ideas guys!

To complete the thread I just thought I'd share with you I have decided on my 3 different fillings:-

I have 20 potatoes which I will oven bake, cut into 2, spoon out the potato, mix with the fillings and replace into the skins:-

- Bacon & blue cheese
- Cheddar & leek
- Philly & roasted veg (peppers, red onion, courgettes)

I did want to get the sweet chilli Philly but our nearest Tesco (which isn't a Tesco Extra) didn't have it so I may mix a little sweet chilli sauce in instead!X

Back