CRISPS AND MUFFINS - HELP!

shazzy1970

Was reading the recipies and got sooo excited but wasted 2 vanilla shakes trying to make a muffin - just couldn't get it at all. Is the mixture meant to rise?? Can anyone help me with photos of what it should look like? Scared to try the crisps now incase i waste any more.

Sharon

The 'muffins' (think this breaks trade discription act!lol) don't really rise and it ends up like a very heavy unrisen cake. Also if you don't eat them when they're warm they tend to go a bit hard. Don't have any pictures but I hope this helps.

Yup, Kelly is spot on, its not like a sainsbury muffin lol!!! If you over cook its nasty too.

Mikes blog (icemoose) mycambridgelife.com I think, has some fab instructions on.

Crisps......... nah, could never make them!!!

Oh, and if you save a little powder and mix with ht water for the muffins, you can have a custardy type thing on top :D

I prefer doing popadoms(spelling!) to crisps as I've always thought crisps were to fiddly and could never be bothered with all the messing about. All you need to do is make a thick paste with your pack and spread it thinly on a bit of baking paper (not greaseproof!) and put it in the microwave until its crispy. Be careful when cooking it because they can burn if not checked regularly.
Hope this helps.

Back