Crisps!

I love crisps aswel - bakes are usually better,things like quavers or pom bears but tbh if I start eating them I don't stop so have learnt to avoid completely xx

Same boat as emmamb i have to avoid crisp im a savoury not a sweet person, think french fries are meant to be lower in fat then other crisps. Or boots do a nice range of veg crisps low fat ones

tescos, asda, morrisons, probably other supermarkets do a multipack of Velvet Crunch in either thai chilli or cheese flavour, and their about 80 cals a bag and reallllly low fat, and really nice as well, low carb too :)

and are around £1.60 for a 6pack :) xx

I agree with Jude, Velvet crunch are rather yummy and low in all sections :)

I haven't trusted myself buying crisps yet. I'm afraid that if I have one packet I won't be able to stop and will eat that whole six pack. The other week i was feeling a bit low and there were some hula hoops in the house i ended up eating 2 packets together.

I thought I'd try these when I heard everyone raving about them so when I saw them in the supermarket last night and started reading the packet they are 10.6g of fat per 100g! How can that be low fat?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

toofatkat said:
I thought I'd try these when I heard everyone raving about them so when I saw them in the supermarket last night and started reading the packet they are 10.6g of fat per 100g! How can that be low fat?

And how does that fit with the Xenical rule of max 5g/100g?

I didn't try them . That's just way too much of a risk for me. It's asking for a tango visit

Oh No! They don't fit :(

I hadn't checked them yet. I'm only a week in with the Xen and haven't wanted to add anything like this into my diet yet. I was quite excited when I saw them mentioned as I love the Velvet.

Never mind!

I haven't found a packet of crisps that fit the under 5g rule...I just don't have them. I prefer to get potatoes, thinkly slice them, spray on some 1cal spray and toss with mixed herbs etc, whack them in the oven and voila... lovely :)

hey everyone.. velvert crunch are not within the rules (although nice) i stick to..

rivita minis and also teso thins (both under the rules)
snackajacks are over the rule but i ate them also and they were fine with me i know a lot of people eat them too. x

I noticed even weight waters crisp dont fit within the rules my other half had them the other night and i was so shocked at the amount in the packets anyway at least 6 crisps in the bag if that lol x think he ate 4 bags in the end ha x

i think i'm glad they don't fit the rules. If i found any that did i'd probably use my entire calorie allowance, and more. Just can't help myself.
Think in a couple of weeks i might try the ryvita things, think i'd could probably stop with 1 bag

lol im a savoury snacker too not sweet so i could eat crisps all day or even poppadoms lol x

I'm not doing xenical at the moment, but saw this thread and had to share....

I've not tried velvet crunch yet, but I did eat Sainsburys version and they are in rules!

Sainsbury's Sweet Chilli Cassava Multipack, Be Good To Yourself

£1.23 for 6 pack, 0.6g of fat per pack, 76 cals, and 2.6g of fat per 100g. They are really lovely! I think they do other falours too.

Also rivita thins are a gorgeous, but expensive alternative that are in rules... all this talk of food is not good when on a vlcd!

Back