Criteria for starting/finishing 100% LT?

Twinklecheeks

Hey all, just a query. I'm very confused about the criteria for being able to start on lipotrim as I was under the impression that you needed a BMI of over a certain amount to be able to do it. I've seen some posts from people who only weigh like 11 stone when they're not that small in height eg- 5'6 ect that are on the diet. Now I have no issue with that at all but my 'advisor' (I say that cause she's not a pharmacist she's a shop assistant who has done the training) told me that once my BMI goes under 30 I should come off 100% and either go onto maintenance or try another diet to lose the rest. I told her that I'm on a forum and I see loads of people who are on 100% until they reach their target and she said "well, if your BMI gets to between 30 and 27 you should definitely come off it as you no longer fit the criteria for being able to do it". How can this be right when people with a BMI of like 25 are just starting out on it????? I don't want to come off it, I want to stay on it until I reach my goal....anyone know whether this sounds right or not? Ta lovelies xxx

Hi
I was told by my pharmacist anyone over a BMI of 25 can do 100% lipotrim.
Some chemist stop 100% once the BMI reaches 25! N some can carry on to 20.
Xx

When I started my BMI was mid thirties, it's now 28 but there's been no suggestion to come off it as I'm still two stone over weight.

So why's mine saying I should come off it at 30? Gonna find somewhere else to do it if she makes me come off it...or get some exante instead. Thanks for your reply Hun xxx

I think she is giving you incorrect info, maybe you should email lipotrim they respond really quickly and they will give the best advice regarding this but you should be able to follow it until you achieve a BMI in the healthy weight range.

Ta chick, I will do that xxx

yeah that doesn't sound right at all. I think she's getting confused with when it was a hospital only diet (you had to be clinically obese and once you got to BMI of 25 they took you off as no 'medical' benefit to being smaller). Where she got a cut off of BMI 27 is beyond me. Try and speak to a trained pharmacist or go somewhere else if you can

Yeah, 25 is the magic number according to my (and another friend's) pharmacist. Get your chemist to contact lipotrim!

Hey all, just a query. I'm very confused about the criteria for being able to start on lipotrim as I was under the impression that you needed a BMI of over a certain amount to be able to do it. I've seen some posts from people who only weigh like 11 stone when they're not that small in height eg- 5'6 ect that are on the diet. Now I have no issue with that at all but my 'advisor' (I say that cause she's not a pharmacist she's a shop assistant who has done the training) told me that once my BMI goes under 30 I should come off 100% and either go onto maintenance or try another diet to lose the rest. I told her that I'm on a forum and I see loads of people who are on 100% until they reach their target and she said "well, if your BMI gets to between 30 and 27 you should definitely come off it as you no longer fit the criteria for being able to do it". How can this be right when people with a BMI of like 25 are just starting out on it????? I don't want to come off it, I want to stay on it until I reach my goal....anyone know whether this sounds right or not? Ta lovelies xxx

I was thinking the same as I am 5'6 and my pharmacy has put my goal at 11 1/2 but I did the bmi calculator and that brings me just into the healthy catergory so I said my personal goal was 10st and she said well lets see how we go.

I cant see ho they can stop you just as you hit the healthy catergory, whats another 2 weeks going to do it cant damage you its all monitored, maybe if your blood pressures are funny then they can say something but apart from that I think they should let you continue will you meet YOUR own personnel goal!

The lady I se at my chemist,who is wonderful by the way,won't let me continue on 100% once I've reached 10 stone,which I've just worked out will mean my BMI would be 26.
I think this may be because we're then supposed to go on to refeed,which means you're still likely to lose weight,just at a slower rate x

Hi,

They all seem to do there own thing ... My pharmacist has set my goal at 9st 4lbs .. I am 5'6 also .. Personally I have never been that light .. I would actually be happy at 11st but I reckon I will do LT for 49 days total and then healthy eating and exercise for the rest!

Confusing isn't it? Surely they're all trained the same way though so why all the different info? Also I've never had my urine or blood pressure checked at the pharmacy. Why do some do this and other don't?? Xx

My pharmacist doesn't calculate my BMI and she has said nothing about me coming off it at a certain point, I need to be 132 lbs (9st 8) to be only just in the healthy range anyway (24.9) which is only 6lbs from my goal weight so hopefully she will let me have an extra week on it but even if she doesnt I lost 3lbs in re-feed last time and I will be able to lose the other 3lbs if I stick to re-feed for two weeks instead of 1. I would talk to another pharmacist about it if I was you, as long as you're not going into the underweight catagory I don't see why they shouldnt let you carry on xxx

Back