Cross trainer

WelshJojo

Gold Member
Is there a way to work out activity points from how many cals you burn off in the gym. Cos I do loads on the cross trainer, and kinesis and usually burn off between 700-900 cals a session but none of them are listed in the activities? So wondered if there were anyways to work it out. Thanks

I use my pedometer to work out activity pp, you just put it on active then say whether its low med or high intensity. I get 1 activity pp for 12 minutes of moderate exercise but its based on my weight and height. On esource you can work out the points by adding your own exercise, it should give you this if option you cant find your exercise. I think theres a box on the bottom left corner on esorce activity tracker.

purple_rain said:
I use my pedometer to work out activity pp, you just put it on active then say whether its low med or high intensity. I get 1 activity pp for 12 minutes of moderate exercise but its based on my weight and height. On esource you can work out the points by adding your own exercise, it should give you this if option you cant find your exercise. I think theres a box on the bottom left corner on esorce activity tracker.

Thanks but I meant was there anyway to work it out more accurately from cals burnt, cos I do kinesis and burn off over 500 cals in a 40 mins session, but I wouldnt say it was greater than moderate intensity!!

Where have you read that you're burning 700 calories per session? Be careful about what the calorie count on the cross trainer says. They're never accurate. If you feel that the level of your exercise is only moderate, it means that it will burn the amount of points that you get when you input moderate exercise for 45 minutes. If it's a bit more, it's all health gained for you, disregarding what the points tracker says. ;)

kagome75 said:
Where have you read that you're burning 700 calories per session? Be careful about what the calorie count on the cross trainer says. They're never accurate. If you feel that the level of your exercise is only moderate, it means that it will burn the amount of points that you get when you input moderate exercise for 45 minutes. If it's a bit more, it's all health gained for you, disregarding what the points tracker says. ;)

I burn off between 700-900 a session as I have a personal trainer and it's all computerised and worked out for me. Techonogym new machines are very accurate as you input all your details at an induction and it calculates it all for you!

hannata said:
I find the machines generally underestimate calories burned... the most accurate method is with a proper HR monitor :)

But really, arent you better to underestimate than overestimate? xx

I DO use a hr monitor! Hence knowing that my readings and results are accurate

70cals = 1pp
Thats how I work out what I burn in the gym, hope this helps :)

Back