Cruel April Fool Joke played on GMTV

sun

Gold Member
Apologies if it has been mentioned here already.

GMTV - Slimming with So-tox

There are many forums with angry and upset people disbelieveing that a reputable show like GMTV (LK today) would go through with something like that.

Check it out and post your opinions.

sun x

Just had a look there is it to mock fat people or what how odd of them to do that its not really that funny is it or am i just being a bit dull

Ah lads where is your sense of humour????

How could it be mocking fat people... its an april fools joke!!

I thought it was totally ridiculous so can't imagine how anyone would think it is a bona fida weight loss programme... could they???

It's a bit lame but I wouldn't be up in arms about it. Anyone who really believed you can lose 9stone in 6 weeks shouldn't be allowed out by themselves.

i dont think it was funny.. nor do i think it was nice.. like.. if you look on internet.. people actually got their hopes up about it.. i guess i think theres a joke.. and then theres crossing the line..
xx

It's a bit lame but I wouldn't be up in arms about it. Anyone who really believed you can lose 9stone in 6 weeks shouldn't be allowed out by themselves.

Agreed. Bit like a pregnant teenager rubbing vanishing cream on her tummy.

Its alot less offensive than that actor (whose name I forget) that said all fat people should be shot. NOW that is offensive.

Agreed. Bit like a pregnant teenager rubbing vanishing cream on her tummy.

Its alot less offensive than that actor (whose name I forget) that said all fat people should be shot. NOW that is offensive.

Oh my god thats so funny! scary people looking at me in the office now staring at my computer laughing lol!

they did do a good job of acting it they didn't crack once! was a bit mean to mock fat people at the begiining in her explanation of how unhappy she was and stuff though

It's a bit strange that the exact same thread on the CD forum has very different responses to it.
Does that say something?

I think it was so unbelievable, how could anyone think it was true? She looked like she was wearing a fat suit (and she was!). Much ado about nothing.

I didnt actually watch the show, I was surfing around this morning and came across some forums and read about it and realised there were a lot of people who were upset and angry, you only have to see how fake the padding is, but I do agree people were taken in by it, and I do think it was in bad taste and detremental to people with a weight problem

x

How was it detrimental to people with a weight problem?

I have a weight problem and wasn't offended by it. I thought it was a load of rubbish but it wouldn't have me trawling the net looking for the so called slimming aid.

Shall we also condemn Peter Kaye, because in one of his shows he makes a reference to someone doing the Cabbage soup diet and losing 14 stones in a day?

Honestly people surely didn't watch it and think it was true - as previously mentioned her head was way too small for the fat suit! x

sorry to disagree with you Mrsp, but I think it was in bad taste for a popular tv programme and lorraine kelly to endorse this, I used to have a weight problem, but still whether i was still big or as I am now, I didnt find it funny.

As for peter kaye you wouldnt condemn him, as he's a comedian, I'm sure we've all laughed at comical sketches before, but GMTV is factual and completely different.

Apologies if it has been mentioned here already.

GMTV - Slimming with So-tox

There are many forums with angry and upset people disbelieveing that a reputable show like GMTV (LK today) would go through with something like that.

Check it out and post your opinions.

sun x

Well, I have not read any other replies yet -but my first reaction to this is: If someone saw or heard or read that story and believed it, the fault is on them. I mean really - this day and age - with information about any subject imaginable at our fingertips - would someone really believe that you could lose weight that way? :D

As for a April Fools prank, surely they could have thought of something actually funny. I don't find what they did at all offensive, but its not the least bit humorous either.

Theres my two penneth worth. :)

I cant believe anyone actually believed that, firstly she looks totally fake but more to the point, losing weight through putting cream on, oh come on. Surely it must be glaringly obvious that its a joke, have people no sense of humour at all these days. Id imagine they chose that method as the 'wonder cure' because it was so ridiculous.

Back