Crumpet help needed please!

AugustBride

Hi there,

I am one week into my sf diet, although with no counting points or stress you could hardly call it a diet! I am down 2 1/2 pounds so delighted with that and I am really enjoying eating well!

I have a question though, I am in Ireland so crumpets would not be very popular, in fact I have struggled to find them at all. Anyhow, the only ones I have found are lovely but I just pointed one.... 5 points!!! I nearly fell over! I am eating two a day! Could someone point their crumpets and give me a comparison please. I know points don't count and sf works differently but I am just worried that the 'crumpets' that I am buying here are not what ww intends them to be iykwim?

Thanks in advance guys!

Hi Augustbride. Firstly well done on your loss so far - 2.5 lbs in your first week is great. The crumpets I have been eating are between 80 and 90 calories on the whole, if I am going a PP day I count them as 2 PP each so it seems your crumpets might be slightly different. How many calories are yours out of interest? I guess the bottom line is if you are eating them and still losing well it probably doesn't matter.
I find a crumpet is a great way of resisting other naughties when I have a snack attack.

Hi Atomic,

Thanks for that, I just checked mine... 188kcals and 75g! Maybe they are just big though?

You are so right, they really help me avoid chocolate so that has to be good!

As I am doing my shop online I just had a look, the average crumpets over here weighs about 45g so I think your are just large but then I will sometime have 2 as a snack ;)

Yeah, maybe you are right. Maybe I can only get MONSTER crumpets in Ireland!

I have just looked in my app ( attached part of the list) thy all seem to be 2 or 3 pp

The green are SF and most are 2pp

Can't you just have one crumpet and count it as SF. Rather than 2

Attachments

• image-1725638353.jpg
    image-1725638353.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 237
Something occurred to me about your monster crumpets and has since been bugging me - how do they fit in your toaster??? I know that our normal size crumpets are almost exactly the same width as my toaster so I can't imagine how ones that were any bigger wouldn't get stuck... I clearly need to get out more...

Ha! You see this is the problem, I don't think they really are crumpets as they don't need to be toasted! They are more pancake-y iykwim!

Hmmm. I can't imagine an untoasted crumpet being very nice. Maybe they are different... Hmmm.

Up here in Scotland we get normal crumpets like that picture the small thick round ones with holes but we also get scotch crumpets which are more like a big thin pancake. From what I could see on the app both kinds were free on simply filling! :-D I try not to go too crazy especially with the scotch ones as the other ones are more filling but I could easily eat loads of the pancake type scotch crumpets! X

Oh and yeh I would always toast a crumpet but never toast a scotch crumpet so maybe it's same thing! X

Icklerockchick, that founds exactly like the crumpets I am getting! Flat and pancake-y!

I am glad this mystery is solved! I was thinking about it far too much for my own good!

Atomic pink said:
I am glad this mystery is solved! I was thinking about it far too much for my own good!

I am also intrigued!
I googled scotch crumpets and this was the image.....
220px-Pancake_and_crumpet.jpg

That just looks like a pancake

Purpled said:
A pancake with crumpet air holes!

Yeah, I just googled and couldn't find anything else so it must be that

Back