Crunchy pasta in mushroom pasta?!

RebekahR

Gold Member
Now.. I am not the worlds best cook, but everytime I make something with pasta - macaroni cheese or mushroom pasta..the pasta is still crunchy :eek: ...now I dont mind it like that, but much prefer it soft LOL

What am I doing wrong??? (sure its just my cooking/zapping skills!!)

i had the mushroom pasta yesterday and i cooked it for 30 seconds longer than what it said and it went soft!! i had to add a bit more water too x

Aah I only microwave at work, ill check what power it is. LOL hard pasta not v appealing!!

Thanks guys x

The chilli cpn carne has hard kidney beans if you have it the way they say to prepare it. If you leave it to soak for 2 mins before you put it in the microwave it's fine. You could try the same thing with the pasta ones.

Im glad I read this one, as I have had the same problem my microwave is 800w like is says, I tried to micro for an extra 30 seconds and it just split all over the microwave......not much left :( I have resorted to doing mushroom pasta and macaroni in a pan to make sure I dont loose it!¬

Aaah! I have an 800 watt microwave at home. What I do is mix it up in hot water from the kettle and leave it to stand for a couple of minutes, then micro it, then stand then micro it again! It works for me!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I just cooked mine extra seconds and stirred and it was very delicious :)

After reading that the pasta can be crunchy I soaked it for a few mins before cooking it and left it for a good few minutes after it was cooked and it was delicious

:) am sooo glad it wasnt just me and we found some answers!! lol x

Back