Cuisinart Soup Maker

Personally, nah, I wouldn't think they are worth it. Chop up your veg and bung in a pot or better still put in the slow cooker...I would worry that it will gather dust x

I wouldn't buy one either - I have, over many years, bought gadgets after gadgets and kitchen equipment after kitchen equipment - I have a vacuum pack sealer and a meat slicer and hand held smooshers and food processors and liquidisers, oh and I have an omelette maker and did have a george foreman - which was used regularly etc etc - the food processor is probably used once a week for tinned tomatoes maybe twice IF I make a soup like I did last week - they're expensive stuff for how little they are used really.

I was very much thinking of an Actifry (sp?) but would I only make SW chips? probably.

Let us know what you do - if you buy, let us know how good it is.

Gilly x

I have a rice cooker and juicer gathering dust!

I have been thinking about getting one of these myself, thinking I'd be able to make soup more often etc but I honestly think it'll go the same way as my juicer/electric steamer/sandwich toaster/george foreman...
I still kind of want one though haha

Yeah - just a marketing ploy when all you really need is a pot that is way cheaper and more versatile because you can use if it for other things as well

Guaranteed to gather dust!

Might just be me but not only would I not use a soup maker, but not even a blender! - I find my soups work really well and my secret is to cook them for many hours on simmer, they reduce and thicken naturally.

Occasionally I take a potato masher (really) to the veg to reduce further. Blenders/soup makers to me give a pureed/baby food consistency. Hand mash/forking allowed winter veg to remain chunky and rustic. I love the idea of different pieces of veg.

That's just me of course and each to their own etc.;)

Steve

Back