• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Cuisinart Soup Maker

S: 14st10.5lb C: 13st5lb G: 12st1lb BMI: 27.6 Loss: 1st5.5lb(9.44%)

Stefanie

Silver Member
S: 15st8lb C: 11st11.5lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 27.5 Loss: 3st10.5lb(24.08%)
Personally, nah, I wouldn't think they are worth it. Chop up your veg and bung in a pot or better still put in the slow cooker...I would worry that it will gather dust x

time2bslim

Just doing it this time
S: 13st7lb C: 12st2lb G: 10st10lb Loss: 1st5lb(10.05%)
I wouldn't buy one either - I have, over many years, bought gadgets after gadgets and kitchen equipment after kitchen equipment - I have a vacuum pack sealer and a meat slicer and hand held smooshers and food processors and liquidisers, oh and I have an omelette maker and did have a george foreman - which was used regularly etc etc - the food processor is probably used once a week for tinned tomatoes maybe twice IF I make a soup like I did last week - they're expensive stuff for how little they are used really.

I was very much thinking of an Actifry (sp?) but would I only make SW chips? probably.

Let us know what you do - if you buy, let us know how good it is.

Gilly x

S: 28st8lb C: 28st8lb G: 20st0lb BMI: 63.6 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I have been thinking about getting one of these myself, thinking I'd be able to make soup more often etc but I honestly think it'll go the same way as my juicer/electric steamer/sandwich toaster/george foreman...
I still kind of want one though haha

Circes

Strutting her stuff
S: 17st12lb C: 10st7lb BMI: 22.3 Loss: 7st5lb(41.2%)
Yeah - just a marketing ploy when all you really need is a pot that is way cheaper and more versatile because you can use if it for other things as well

Guaranteed to gather dust!

S: 17st7lb C: 10st10lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 24.2 Loss: 6st11lb(38.78%)
Might just be me but not only would I not use a soup maker, but not even a blender! - I find my soups work really well and my secret is to cook them for many hours on simmer, they reduce and thicken naturally.

Occasionally I take a potato masher (really) to the veg to reduce further. Blenders/soup makers to me give a pureed/baby food consistency. Hand mash/forking allowed winter veg to remain chunky and rustic. I love the idea of different pieces of veg.

That's just me of course and each to their own etc.;)

Steve