Curbing your appetite

Rkmriddell

Gold Member
Hi everyone

I'm back to plan today after really losing the plot over the last two weeks whilst on holiday / staring at the children's Easter eggs :(

Anyway. Particularly this week, as totm is due, my appetite is never ending. I've always had this problem and the amount of food I can put away is quite astonishing at times. I was once prescribes an appetite surpressant from docs but they've stopped the one I was on now. He prescribed xenical instead but as they work on the fat and sw is v low fat they seem pretty pointless.

So I'm wondering if any of you have ever had this issue and managed to find a way around it. I think sometimes I'm trying to find that full feeling which I never seem to get? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Bug hugs for you sweets, i know how frustrating that can be as I have the same problem as you!! The week before TOTM I can eat for England, and then some! The first time this happened on SW, I tried to fight it, but ended up eating all those high syn foods (crisps, toast, chocolate, bags of sweets) that I had eaten pre SW. Feeling very very disheartened and fed up the next day, i tried to analyse what i'd done and why :( Anyway, I realised that it didn't matter what I ate, I was still hungry and needed more :( so I'd eaten 50billion syns (and not really enjoyed it either) and still needed more food :(

So what I do now is still eat non stop but eat free and super free foods, lots of fruit, SW chips, Joe's sausages, baked beans etc so my brain feels like it's being naughty but I know I'm sticking to plan, and as I'm not going to feel satiated for a few days no matter what i eat, I may as well eat free foods and not syn foods!
It works for me (mostly) anyway :)

I think you've hit it spot on. Even the naughty stuff doesn't satisfy me. Its just my frame of mind that I need to change. I've just done a really big pan of stirfry so that I can keep going back if I need to. Just gotta recognise it next month so I don't make the same mistake x

I think you've hit it spot on. Even the naughty stuff doesn't satisfy me. Its just my frame of mind that I need to change. I've just done a really big pan of stirfry so that I can keep going back if I need to. Just gotta recognise it next month so I don't make the same mistake x

Well done on getting into the right frame of mind. We all know that planning is the key. I too get the munchies for a few days before * arrives and I can easily eat a full large quiche in a day - use loads of veg in it and my cheese allowance for the day (plus a full tub of cottage cheese :D) and just keep grabbing a slice whenever I want to.

I have also been known to scream at my 20 yr old son when he takes a piece!!!!! :eek: :eek: lol

Another tip is to hold off using up your syns until the choccy urge arrives (usually evening time for me) and make sure you have lots of low syn treats on hand to help you satisfy the craving.

Try sucking a 2 finger kitkat until it dissolves, takes ages and really satisies me for 5.5 syns. lol

I sometimes wonder if I might end up eating myself sick leading up to star week and now that I've stopped smoking (today is Day 168) the problem is even worse. Smoking a cig used to be the full stop to my evening meals and now there's just .............lots of full stops (FOOD!!)

I sometimes wonder if I might end up eating myself sick leading up to star week and now that I've stopped smoking (today is Day 168) the problem is even worse. Smoking a cig used to be the full stop to my evening meals and now there's just .............lots of full stops (FOOD!!)

LOL i found that when i quit smoking too - barely ate until then!!!

Well done for quitting though!!! Hardest thing i ever did but also best thing i ever did x keep it up x

Well done on getting into the right frame of mind. We all know that planning is the key. I too get the munchies for a few days before * arrives and I can easily eat a full large quiche in a day - use loads of veg in it and my cheese allowance for the day (plus a full tub of cottage cheese :D) and just keep grabbing a slice whenever I want to.

I have also been known to scream at my 20 yr old son when he takes a piece!!!!! :eek: :eek: lol

Another tip is to hold off using up your syns until the choccy urge arrives (usually evening time for me) and make sure you have lots of low syn treats on hand to help you satisfy the craving.

Try sucking a 2 finger kitkat until it dissolves, takes ages and really satisies me for 5.5 syns. lol

Thanks for the tips :) i might try making a quiche - i also think i might make a list of quick and easy tasty syn free snacks that i can turn to so that i've something to chose from when i'm having one of those picky moments... x

Sweet potato wedges are a good favourite of mine. Or alpen light with quark x

Thanks, re. quitting smoking, I read on a website that the average gain is around eight pounds but that you'd been to gain 60 pounds for it to become more damaging health-wise than continuing to smoke. Hopefully i won't gain that much!!

I always find carbs nice and filling and they always help curb my big appetite that I get at times.
I always keep in plenty of potatoes, instant mash & things like that so I can at least tuck into syn free jacket potatoes, slimming world chips & enjoy mash & beans. xxx

Back