Curious about Activity Points for Pro Points

klm811

Hi!
I have been trying to figure out the essentials of the new program that is set to come out in a few weeks in the US. I realize it may not be the same as the one that has come out elsewhere but am trying to incorporate it for the next few weeks until it is explained at my December 4th meeting.
Until then I am curious how activity points fit in. Do they differ on how they are calculated or can you even add them in anymore? I have been looking through previous threads and have come up with nothing so far.

Also do you still have certain amounts of each food group you need to have like 5 fruits & veggies, 2 milks, etc.
I have figured out pretty much everything else and have had iWatcher on my iPhone for the past year so I applied the changes to the custom portion.

Thanks so much in advance for letting me know. (I am not trying to get this info for free as I will be paying for the whole thing in a few weeks, just I am quite impatient and am curious to see how it works for me.)

Kim

yes tou do stil get AP with the new propoints system. I'm not entirely sure how they calculate them but I am a big girl (20 stone 4.5 pounds and I earnt 36 Activity propoint for 6 hours 20 mins of low activity walking yesterday

Thanks, WWPrincess! I generally earn about 28-35 APs on the current Momentum program, but never dip into them.

I'm guessing you were either walking a marathon or doing a shop-a-thon, which is also very aerobic when done properly. I wore my pedometer when I did Black Friday last year and got 25,000 steps, or 12 APs! Not to mention the shopping victories, of which there were many!

Kim, where in NY are you? I'm in Montreal, and have family in Great Neck.

Haha I walked 2 miles to the train station and 2 miles back plus 3 hours walking around a huge aquarium plus 3 hours shopping non stop afterwards! I was knackered!

It would of been easier to walk a marathon!

The leader said be very careful about APs on pp as we still have to do a certain amount if steps before hand to earn some I went on esource and you only get 7 AP for one hour of high intensity aerobics!! I do 4-5 zumba classes a week and walk loads and I never use AP as I lose slow and want to get away from using food as a reward for exercising etc but I know people like to use APs, I think it depends on how low your pp are mine are only 29 so could do with more lol x

Thanks so much for the info... I actually am just curious about how many points you get for certain activities. I usually do Turbo Jam which is high intensity for 45 min-50. I also walk as well. I typically do not use my APs unless I am starving, but wanted to know for calculation sake I guess, lol.

Rachel- I am from wayyy upstate...Massena, NY about 5 min from the Canadian border. Our Weight Watchers actually comes from a Canadian Franchise. I'm not sure why we aren't recognized as being US, but we aren't for some reason.

Thanks again everyone!
Kim

Kim the info in the pp books does give details on APs it depends on your weight, length of time spent exercising and intensity of the workout.

Cherry, I think you'll find that the 7 APs for 1 hour of high intensity is for someone weighing 7 stone. If you are 13 stone its 13 points. There is a table in the small purple pocket guide book given out at the meeting - pages 62-63.

*waves at Kim* Hi Neighbour! Massena is a fave cross-border shopping destination for Montrealers - in fact, there's a lady who organizes bus tours and she alternates between Burlington, VT, Plattsburgh and Massena. I've heard amazing things about your Target. And I have my Price Chopper and Hannaford tags on my keychain at all times!

So the AP formula hasn't changed substantially as far as I can see. I usually take 5.5 pounds for 50 minutes on the elliptical, at a pace that would make Jillian Michaels smile.

Kim the info in the pp books does give details on APs it depends on your weight, length of time spent exercising and intensity of the workout.

Cherry, I think you'll find that the 7 APs for 1 hour of high intensity is for someone weighing 7 stone. If you are 13 stone its 13 points. There is a table in the small purple pocket guide book given out at the meeting - pages 62-63.

I put it into esourve with my details in the system and it for high intensity aerobics at 13st 10 ,60 minutes was 7 AP? The book does say 13 the escource ww online site said 7

esource gets so many things wrong I wouldnt trust it. So many people have pointed out the mistakes in the food not just with pp but with the old discover too. I would be wary of relying on it, not good enough though is it, considering on what they charge you'd think ww would get it right

I bought the propoints pedometer, and I'm quite happy with it: the old one would tell you the count down until you started to earn bonus points, but then it would only show some small signs and you had to reach 5 signs for every half a point, but you didn't know how many steps that was. Instead now you need 10 signs for getting 1 propoint after the standard set of steps to be healthy, but you actually also have a countdown that tells you that you have 2000 steps left until the next propoint, 1658 and so on. I was so upset on saturday because I had only 285 steps left until the 2 propoint was awarded to me :D but I couldn't walk 285 steps just by going up and down my room... :(

I have the point ww pedometer and they are out I walked 1 step they made it 3 and I put all info in.

We have to remember before we can earn any AP we have to do a certain amount of steps a day healthy steps mine was 5600 at 17 stone before earning any AP, thus is why I won't use AP to worried I won't have it worked out right.

I'd say personally do 10,000 steps a day before you allow yourself AP that way you can be sure you have done enough before using exercise for food.

Our program is completely different - you earn APs right off the bat, which is great for people like me who work out first thing in the morning and then get their walking in. We can earn as many APs as we want, but can only eat up to 28 per week. I have only dipped into them a time or two, but I'm a geek, so I quantify everything.

Do steps on the elliptical or treadmill count towards your total? Do you end up doing weird things like wearing your pedometer to Zumba class? (not that I have ever done that *wink wink*)

Are you on ww propoints? If so WW say we have to still do the recommended healthy steps a day before we can earn AP, the leader talked about it tonight.
I only used my pedometer for 2 months 3 months ago, I never ever use AP lighterlife taught me one really good thing Dont reward yourself with food, to me eating more as I have done exercise defeats the object as I'm along way off goal and won't use AP for food till I'm at goal if I need them to maintain.

As anything it's upto the individual I know I lose slow so using AP will make it slower , also I'm a size smaller at a stone heavier so I like exercise as I know it reduced my size I'm inches when the scales make me :(

I would say that if you do a workout in the morning and then you keep on walking during the day, you CAN count the AP for the workout, but before you can count any AP for the steps you need to reach a certain amount. On my pedometer, I have 8135 steps at 8st 1 before I can start earning any AP, but if I do exercise, I can activate the "active" option that starts calculating the points for the time that you are being active straight away. So I think this is basically what Weight Watchers wants :)

Are you on ww propoints? If so WW say we have to still do the recommended healthy steps a day before we can earn AP, the leader talked about it tonight.

No, I'm on Momentum (North America) and we'll be switching over to PointsPlus in a couple of weeks. The people in my meeting who consistently lose are the ones who consistently move, and the ones who come but are stagnant are the ones who raise their hands in the air and wave 'em like they just don't care when the leader asks "Who doesn't like to exercise?"

It's interesting to compare different versions of WW, and how our fellow WW members are finding the various aspects of the plans. Then, when something changes in the program, we have good solid feedback on how things play out in real life. I've lived with the Weekly Allowance Points (slush fund) for a few years now, and if anyone has any questions about budgeting their Points, holla!

My losses slowed down when I started exercise, muscle density etc I do 4-5 zumba classes a week and walk lots, I noticed my inch loss is good compared to the scales x

Back