Curry on a Green Day

natty6

Hi another question.... Is there a ready made curry you can use on a Green Day;
e:g Curry paste, ready to serve?

I love Patak's tikka masala paste - only 1 syns per tablespoon and yummy!

Patak's Tikka Masala Curry Paste, Coriander & Lemon, jar 1 level tbsp

red.gif
Original 1 Syns
green.gif
Green 1 Syns

Just buy a tin of chickpea dahl from Morrisons or Asda - it rocks and is free

Thanks Lou... I was in Asda yesterday and was ooking out for chickpea dahl & could not find it for the lime of me... will check again tomorrow.
x

In Morrisons it is sold by the Mushy peas etc, not with the canned meals as you'd expect...

Umm chickpea dahl sounds yummy and a perfect free green treat. I have promised my bf a curry this weekend. Thought i would do a chicken curry and i have the chicken as B choice and then do a veg curry as well with rice and spicy potatoes.

I'll try out that pataks paste though it sounds lovely and low syns.

I cheat when it comes to a green day curry. I get some Quorn chicken pieces, add a tin on chopped tomatoes, veggies, low fat fromage frais and curry powder then put it all on a heap of rice

That sounds lovely and not a cheat at all. I'll tell you something funny I made a quorn and noodle stirfry tonight on a green day and said "Do you like Quorn?" So he said "No i hate the stuff." So i made it with quorn anyway but added loads of garlic and a Blue Dragon sauce that was 5.5 syns a packet (so 3 each.) Halfway through the meal he tells me that the chicken in the stirfry is delicious and the best he has every tasted.

I still haven't told him!

I made a few various dishes for my dad and let him try them before I told him that it was Quorn not real meat. All he could say was "Mmmm, is there any more?"

Back