Curry Tonight, any Superfree Ideas please???

Lucylu79

Gold Member
Hey all,

I've made a batch of my fav curry sauce which contains carrots, onions, potatoes, garlic, red pepper, chillis, tomatoes and loads of spices so I know there's some superfree in there but to know i'm having 1/3rd superfree I was wondering what side dish you would do??

I certainly don't want to be tucking into side salad with it!!!

I have got a recipe for a lovely fruit salad with ginger dressing but knowing me i'll fill up on curry and not want it. i'm not keen on soup first, (fussy bugger!!!!)

If you could pass any curry themed superfree ideas my way i'd be ever so gratefull!!!!!!!

xxxx

Bah double post!

Onion salad, chopped mango as a free version of mango chutney, tomato wedges?

You should be all right if there's loads of veg in curry.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Mangetout and baby sweetcorn are superfree according to my book (2011). They are yummy and would go with your nice sounding curry!

we have rice with peas and onion cooked in it as the other food, remember peas are superspeed!

Lucylu79 said:
Hey all,

I've made a batch of my fav curry sauce which contains carrots, onions, potatoes, garlic, red pepper, chillis, tomatoes and loads of spices so I know there's some superfree in there but to know i'm having 1/3rd superfree I was wondering what side dish you would do??

I certainly don't want to be tucking into side salad with it!!!

I have got a recipe for a lovely fruit salad with ginger dressing but knowing me i'll fill up on curry and not want it. i'm not keen on soup first, (fussy bugger!!!!)

If you could pass any curry themed superfree ideas my way i'd be ever so gratefull!!!!!!!

xxxx

Surely there is enough sf in the sauce itself!! You shouldn't need to worry about adding more-altho of you can then its a bonus :) x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

we have rice with peas and onion cooked in it as the other food, remember peas are superspeed!

They're superSPEEDY but they're NOT SuperFREE which is what the OP was asking for.

Personally I agree there's probably enough SF in the curry sauce, depending how much ruce etc you have with it. Maybe have a few more veg and a few less potatoes in it if you're worried?

Hey ladies, Thanks so much for all your tips... I do wish that peas were super free though, i'd eat them all the time!!!:D

I think perhaps there was enough sf veg in the sauce but I just wanted to be sure you know!

It really is the nicest curry sauce i've ever made and it makes a batch to freeze so you can just add your meat to next time.

If anyone want the recipe just let me know!

x

Lucylu79 said:
Hey ladies, Thanks so much for all your tips... I do wish that peas were super free though, i'd eat them all the time!!!:D

I think perhaps there was enough sf veg in the sauce but I just wanted to be sure you know!

It really is the nicest curry sauce i've ever made and it makes a batch to freeze so you can just add your meat to next time.

If anyone want the recipe just let me know!

x

Please can you post the recipe x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Ok here it is, it isn't slimming world but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be free on EE.

Ingredients:

This is the amounts I use but you could add or deduct depending on your choice:
5 Onions (roughly cut)
2 Carrots (sliced)
2 Potatoes (sliced)
5/6 Cloves of Garlic (sliced)
1 Red Pepper (rough cut)
3 Chiilis
1x 400g tin Chopped Tomatoes
1 pint of stock or (1 pint of water and 2 Chicken stock cubes)

Curry mix:
1 ½ tsp Cumin
1 tsp ground Coriander
1tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Paprika
1 ½ tsp Curry Powder
½ tsp Garam Masala

Method:
Using Fry Light, spray a large pan.
Fry all the veg for 5 mins approx.
Add your curry mix and fry for a further 5 mins.
Add Tin of tomatoes and stock.
Stir,Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 hour approx.

Allow to cool and then Liquidise into 4 x 600ml Containers.

Now I made this yesterday and once it had cooked I seperated into 4 containers and used 1 for last nights curry, we added cod and prawns accompanied by baby s/corn and mange tout (for my SF) for a lovely curry!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you enjoy as much as we do!!!!!!

It really is yummy and really is a bonus having some in the freezer.

The other day I was stumped for ideas until I remembered I had some in the freezer, instant curry fix!

mmmmmmm nom nom sounds good, must try this love a curry

i toast the spices first - i dry fry them for 2 mins to release their flavours

also onion - big part of curries, but no ghee or butter so I fry in fry light then in some bovril/oxo/stock - sort of caramalises them

anyone else any curry tips?

This is my favourite curry recipe so far..............

Pete’s Butternut Squash Chicken Curry

Serves 4
Ingredients
425g/½ butternut squash
1 onion, chopped
1tsp “very lazy” garlic
1tsp “very Lazy” ginger
1tsp cumin
1tsp turmeric
1tsp coriander
1tsp garam masala
1tsp madras curry powder
1Kg chicken, pre-cooked, chopped into cubes
750mL chicken stock
400g Chopped Tomatoes

Method

(This can be made in advance.)
Chop up the butternut squash into small cubes; leave the skin on, extra fibre!

Spray a large saucepan with Fry Light and add chopped onion, ginger & garlic, cook for 7 mins.

Add butternut squash, madras curry powder and chicken stock, cook for 40 mins, with a lid on the pan, remove from the heat and liquidize with a hand blender.

Continue.

Place back on heat and add cumin, turmeric and coriander, cook for 1 min, add tomato and chicken, cook for 20 mins or until chicken has been cooked through. Add garam masala 5 min before serving.
Serve on a bed of rice with a side salad.

Attachments

• Butternut Squash Curry-2 (Large).JPG
    Butternut Squash Curry-2 (Large).JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 73
Back