Curry

kraftykat

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has an easy curry recipe, must be mild so whole family can eat it. Thanks in advance x

I just use the spice mixes or pastes these days? Asda do some good ones for 97p they have all the spices in and you just add your meat veg and chopped toms (dunno bout creamy curries we don't really make them?) but I always put a bit of extra garlic an fresh coriander in to give em a lift!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Legomom, I must take a look in asda. I normally just use jars, but fancied making my own xx

There was a good one in Woman and Home (I think) or it was Good Housekeeping. Anyway you use fat free Greek yoghurt. I'll dig it out and post it.

I'm crap at making curry from scratch, always use a jar!

I often find good recipes on the BBC good food website, that might be worth a try, they have a low fat category and a low calorie one. x

Rosemary Conley always has good low fat recipes that are yummy!! I know a few ppl on her diet and I've eaten their food! I'd bet she does a few curries too? The spag Bol and the chilli are amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi I just cook some onions, Ginger and garlic. Then add some turmeric, garam masala (about a heaped teaspoon per person) and chilli(to taste). Then some chicken, thenchopped tomatoes. And cook for at least 30mins. Sometimes I add spinach. It yum! God that was hard typing that on an iPhone lol :)

I do the same as the pp, although its not a creamy curry at all. Add yoghurt or maybe coconut milk?

I have a lovely one, but it's a veggie one - with chickpeas! I know they're not everybody's taste, so just post back if you'd like the recipe and I'll type it up tonight :)

I used to make this when doing slimming world.

2 large onions
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 tsp turmeric
Garlic salt (1 tbsp)
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp curry powder (hot or medium depending on taste)
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp mild chilli powder
4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, sliced
A few tbsp of fat free natural yogurt
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Chop the onion and put the onion in a saucepan and sauté until onion soft.
Add all the spices, chopped tomatoes and garlic to the pan, and cook for a few minutes. Then add the chicken and cook for a few minutes to coat in the spices.
Cover the pan and simmer very gently over a medium heat until the chicken is cooked (I normally add vegetables too like mushroom/courgette/celery etc to get more vegetables)
Transfer the curry to a large bowl off the heat and add yoghurt, then serve. You can sprinkle the chopped coriander on once served.

Hope you enjoy it :) i used to buy bought currys from jars (sauces) since slimming world i mostly make them its also lovely with prawns/ quorn chicken :)

Back