Cystitis?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by SandraEG, 28 August 2007 Social URL.

1. SandraEG

SandraEG Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi

Over the bank holiday I've been getting that feleling like I need to go tot he loo again after I've just been. No pain or discomfort as yet - just the feeling like I need to 'go' again.

I haven't had cystitis in years but this is always how it started before. All the new herbal remmedies seem to be cranberry based and I wonder if anyone has used these and it has affected them? Or have you used anything else?

If possible I'd like to nip it in the bud before I need antibiotics...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    Oh you poor thing! This is one of the things I suffer regularly from, although not since LL, oddly enough. Its utterly horrid & I do feel for you. The last time I had it I tried all the home remedies and the pharmacy one, and STILL ended up in agony on antibi's. :(

Have you tried flushing it out with bicarb in water? I suspect would taste foul, but it might be enough to redress the balance, without the cranberry. If not, I would be tempted to take a remedy, as it can be so awful if allowed to get worse, I know, I 've been there often.

DO take care of yourself, lots & lots of water, paracetamol and a hottie bottie on your tum can help too!

lots of love {{{{HUGS TOO}}}}

xx

4. Helen

Helen Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st7.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi

I had it a few years ago and drank cranberry juice and it did go within a couple of days, it was quite mild at that point, I am not sure it would work on a severe case.

5. Miss_Bettany

Miss_Bettany Full Member

Hope you're feeling a bit better today

6. SandraEG

SandraEG Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Thanks I am feeling a bit better today. I just upped the water a bit and it seems to be a bit better now.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.