Daily Syns

LittleNurse

Ok, I have some questions about syns:

How many of you eat all of your syns every day or most days?
If not, how many syns keep you comfy and happy?
This is probably a common newbie question, but does going a day or a few days without syns speed up weight loss?
Do you have an amount of syns you can eat daily that you've found ensures a loss each week?

I have all of them most days. Because I try to keep meals as free as possible this leaves room for treats. I don't really get why some people cook meals which work out with high syn content. There are so many amazingly yummy and totally free things to have every day! :)

I have all of them most days. Because I try to keep meals as free as possible this leaves room for treats. I don't really get why some people cook meals which work out with high syn content. There are so many amazingly yummy and totally free things to have every day! :)

I have been taking the same approach because I have such a sweet tooth, I'd rather spend my syns on chocolate or other sweet treats. My weight loss has be painstakingly slow though, so I'm starting to wonder if eating all my syns every day isn't right for me. I'm a bit confused. :/

Many people say they do best when they have all their Syns but unfortunately, I'm not one of them! I tend to have 8-10 a day but will have more if I want them. Unfortunately, you may have to experiment to find out what suits you best.

I use them for various things: salad dressings, gravy, extra HExs, stewed fruit - things which make a meal more palatable - as well as 'treat' things such as chocolate, biscuits, crisps etc. I was a chocolate fiend but don't eat anywhere near as much as I used to. Sometimes, I have a no chocolate/sweets day - it was hard at first, but it does get easier, I promise you!

I struggle to spend my Syns tbh.
Desires for sweet stuff, cheese and biscuits etc. come in waves rather than being constant.

Normally, I tend to spend 5 syns a day if that. I don't syn on Sundays as WI is on Monday and sometimes, I have 8 syns on Monday but it's rare nowadays.

Think I have gone off processed stuff as it doesn't really interest me anymore! :p

7-8 tends to keep me happy. I'm the opposite to you; a syn here and there in a recipe really can improve the flavour IMO, and I'd rather not eat sweet snacks/crisps and other unhealthy treats. I don't crave them generally (been a bit different this last week as I've been surrounded by chocolate at work and have been bought 4 boxes...eak). Some days, if I need them, I do have the whole 15.

My weight loss doing this has been pretty good -faster than I expected! The big difference for me has been cutting down on the booze I think! I don't drink loads but am a real ale fan so even 2 bottles is a massive amount of calories/syns.

I tend to stay within 10 syns as tend to lose less if i go over but if i need to max out i will which is usually sundays as i have all trimmings lol xx generally i use mine on sauces like ketxhup mayo gravy etc and for a evening treat if im peckish x i agree with what alot have said which is u made need to experiment to get a happy medium :)

I have a bottle of orange truffle baileys for xmas so being a glass or 2 at weekend as its 4 syns per 25ml lol

I count daily and weekly if I can to see if I have blown it accidentally and if I need to do what is known as "Damage recovery".
Last week really was a write-off, my glass kept being topped up, I was fuming!
I'm being super-good this week, haven't had a single Syn so far and I'm keeping it that way so I can cope with NYE hopefully, LOL!

Back