Attack Dairy free Dukan

margarino

Chronic dieter!!!
Hi all,

I was supposed to start Sunday, and then Monday and then Tuesday and it's now Wednesday.... It sounds so so so stupid but with the only option being meat and eggs, i am finding it a little hard to stick to, being at home doesn't help either! I know its only for a few days, and it must sound so petty to those who are getting on so well with Dukan; but i really am addicted to carbs and hate that i am not more strong minded about it.

So could i get some ideas of things i can have/make in attack or cruise phase to spice things up, a lot of the recipes have dairy but i don't eat yoghurt, cheese or milk, so any ideas would be much appreciated.

Could we start a lactose free thread for recipes?

Thank you x
:bighug:

Some unsweetened soya yoghurt? Also what about SF jelly? Turn the eggs into Dukan meringue? Oatbran muffin (yummy!)?

Also, you need to think seriously about whether this way of losing weight is right for you - I found it hard enough to start (kept doing ATtack for a couple of days then giving up over the weekend - did this for a month then simply started Attack AT the weekend so by the next I was sorted!) - if eggs, meat, fish are already getting you down then maybe another way of losing weight would be better? Just a few thoughts, hope they help :)

Also, of course, tofu? As a dessert or a savoury?

CaledoniaDreaming said:
Some unsweetened soya yoghurt? Also what about SF jelly? Turn the eggs into Dukan meringue? Oatbran muffin (yummy!)?

Also, you need to think seriously about whether this way of losing weight is right for you - I found it hard enough to start (kept doing ATtack for a couple of days then giving up over the weekend - did this for a month then simply started Attack AT the weekend so by the next I was sorted!) - if eggs, meat, fish are already getting you down then maybe another way of losing weight would be better? Just a few thoughts, hope they help :)

Also, of course, tofu? As a dessert or a savoury?

Thank you for your ideas and thoughts. I don't think the diet is the problem, I just find it really hard to focus on too many things at once and at the moment my job is incredibly intense and stressful, I never really switch off from it and hubby and I have decided to start trying for a baby as we've been told it will take awhile anyway so no harm in trying sooner.

Sorry if i am being really thick but how do you make dairy free muffins and meringues? And what do you do with tofu, I've never used it before....

Thanks again for your advice :)

Hi Margarino

Don't worry about the carb cravings, they actually disappear! This diet is MAGIC for putting you back in control of food, rather than the other way around.

One of my favourite sayings is "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!" Instead of focussing on three days of just meat, fish and eggs, why not think about one meal at a time and see how you feel?

Go on, jump in the Dukan pool - you'll LOVE it! :D

P x

Paulinegin said:
Hi Margarino

Don't worry about the carb cravings, they actually disappear! This diet is MAGIC for putting you back in control of food, rather than the other way around.

One of my favourite sayings is "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!" Instead of focussing on three days of just meat, fish and eggs, why not think about one meal at a time and see how you feel?

Go on, jump in the Dukan pool - you'll LOVE it! :D

P x

Thank you Pauline, what great advice!! :) I think I can create space in my mind to focus on one meal at a time, I certainly don't need more things to worry about :D

Go and buy a load of silken tofu from Sainsbury in the aisle where they sell pulses, it's packed in a carton its wonderful blended in recipes instead of yoghurt and quark, it is also wonderful sweetened with a bit of flavouring. Alpro soya yoghurt is also wonderful, I can eat it on its own creamy and not tart at all. I also make all my lattes with soya milk and I actually much prefer them as I was never fond of drinking milk. You just need to commit yourself to the attack phase, after that it all falls into place, you will enter the cruise stage and will be enveloped by the safety of ketosis where you don't crave foods and don't feel ravenous all the time. Put your big girl pants on and do it :)!!! good luck

Go and buy a load of silken tofu from Sainsbury in the aisle where they sell pulses, it's packed in a carton its wonderful blended in recipes instead of yoghurt and quark, it is also wonderful sweetened with a bit of flavouring. Alpro soya yoghurt is also wonderful, I can eat it on its own creamy and not tart at all. I also make all my lattes with soya milk and I actually much prefer them as I was never fond of drinking milk. You just need to commit yourself to the attack phase, after that it all falls into place, you will enter the cruise stage and will be enveloped by the safety of ketosis where you don't crave foods and don't feel ravenous all the time. Put your big girl pants on and do it :)!!! good luck

I just checked and the Alpro Soya Yoghurt has added sugar, is there one with no added sugar?

It does have 2 gr of sugar/100gr but I haven't found any others without sugar unfortunately. I am cutting down on dairy because of my psoriasis and I have been loosing weight having it all through my diet so far.

Ok thanks, i'll have to see how i get on with it. I've ordered the silken tofu and the alpro light milk (light in fat and sugar!) so that should add a little more to the daily egg, meat and fish routine.

I love food and i don't want to lose that because then it wouldn't be a life plan it would be a temporary 'diet' of bland food before i ruin it all by going on a binge, so variety is really important to me - i'm looking forward to trying the tofu!

I love the tofu I use it for all sorts of sauces, I make my thai curries with it along with coconut flavouring, I make my satay sauce for my chicken skewers I love the tofu creme sweetened and again flavoured with whatever takes my fancy. I use it for making the yoghurt cake again yummy. There are loads of recipes here also don't forget to try the bread once you get to the Cruise stage. Smoked turkey BLT's are gorgeous and filling. Read people's diaries for menu ideas.

There's threads on here for muffins, search DUKAN MUFFIN and you should find a few, adapt the flavourings to work for you. I found a soya yoghurt in my local wholefood shop "Sojade", which is lower than Alpro - you might be able to find that. And don't forget we can have rhubarb - stewed rhubarb and yoghurt really hits the spot when I have PMT! Good luck.

CaledoniaDreaming said:
There's threads on here for muffins, search DUKAN MUFFIN and you should find a few, adapt the flavourings to work for you. I found a soya yoghurt in my local wholefood shop "Sojade", which is lower than Alpro - you might be able to find that. And don't forget we can have rhubarb - stewed rhubarb and yoghurt really hits the spot when I have PMT! Good luck.

Thanks I have already found a few recipes I like and will keep hunting around for more. I'll keep my eyes out for Sojade - it sounds familiar, I'm sure I've seen it before...

Back