Dairy Free on Slimming World???

Sherry2k

Baby got Back!
Hi all. Sigh! I'm starting to feel like a bit of a plonker as this is the 4th diet I've tried this year. I've already been on Minimins for Weight Watchers and GI Diet! I bore myself - REALLY! However...my story below if you can be bothered reading - yawn! :D

January to June was Weight Watchers. I lost a stone (took 6 months!!) but I became obsessed with food and a bit neurotic and understood that that wasn't healthy so I caved.....and gained my stone back. Oopsie!

Around the beginning of August I tried the low carb thing (not Atkins) and it was not bad but I craved normal food.

Just a few weeks ago I tried the GI Diet and it was ok too but not ideal.

My friend and I have together been weighing in for the last 4 weeks and she's with Slimming World. So after asking her about it, I joined a local group and so far so good. I did have a few cheats at the weekend but I'm not gonna torture myself about it. I'm back at the gym too so hopefully that'll help with my battle of the bulge.

I'm gonna post my food on here every day and any weight loss too. Just to record what food I'm eating and to make sure I'm not cheating or doing anything wrong. Please comment and join in. I'd love to hear from you all.

Oh, I've lost 11lbs in the last 4 weeks (partly due to GI Diet though). 2 1/2 stone to go.

xx

Breakfast
42g All Bran (1b)
1% Milk - 150ml (1a)
Banana

Snack
2 Satsumas

Lunch
Asda Low Fat Thai Chicken Soup (6.5 syns)
Apple
Mullerlite

Snack
Mullerlite
2 Satsumas
Banana

Dinner
Wholewheat Spaghetti (a mountain of the stuff - oink!)
Homemade Tomato, Garlic and Mushroom Pasta Sauce
42g Low Fat Cheddar Cheese (2a)

Got a sweet craving while watching I'm a Celebrity and went and weighed out 35g of Minstrels and they hit the spot (8 syns).

Bliss.....off to bed soon cuz I'm whacked! Was at the gym today for the first time in two weeks (busy and lazy) and I have to tell ya....I had no energy!!! Seriously it was so much effort! I did do the treadmill for 300 calories but there was no way I was even looking at the cross trainer without having a wee lie down! What's that all about? Odd! Maybe I hadn't eaten enough. Only an apple before I went into the gym and then I had the soup and yoghurt when I got home. Hmmm, anyone any ideas?

Thanks for reading. xx

Last edited:
Hi Sherry, i remember you from the ww section. I too have doen a few different diets ( ww,cal counting,slimfast and now SW) so dont feel a plonker-we are all on a journey and can choose to take different routes or modes of transport, it doesnt matter how we get there. Different diets will suit us at different times of our lives.
Good luck with SW, i really like it-there's plenty to eat. Takes a bit of planning but well worth it

Hi Jane. I know you're right but I'm completely bored listening to myself about dieting. Anyhoo, I'm delighted with SW so far but don't get how I can eat so much pasta and be expected to lose weight? It doesn't make sense in my head! Haha. I'm gonna give it a good go though but it's so great not to feel hungry 24/7 as I was with Weight Watchers.

xx

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many syns Asda Haddock in Batter would be? I have some in the freezer and I know fish is free....so what would the Batter be in Syn world? Anyone?? xx

Hi! Is this what you're looking for? I suppose you could always take the batter off!

Asda Chunky Haddock Fillets in Crispy Batter, 4 pack, frozen 125g each

red.gif
Original 8 Syns
green.gif
Green 11½ Syns

Hi, yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking about. Thanks for that and good to know. I didn't have the fish but I'll gladly have it with some veg 'n a potato for tea at some point.

Ok - todays chow down is as follows.....

Breakfast
High Bran 42g (HEB1)
100ml Milk (1HEA)
Banana

Snack
1 Satsuma
1 Apple
1 Alpen Light (HEB2.a)

Lunch
2 Slices of Ham
1 Cup of Homemade Chicken and Vegetable Soup
1 Mullerlight

Dinner
Large Bowl Homemade Chicken and Vegetable Soup
1 Mullerlite
1 Alpen Light (HEB2.b)

Snack
1 Satsuma
1 Banana
1 Apple
Lemon Cheesecake Mullerlight (1 syn I think)

Dunno what was wrong with me for evening snack. I was starving and trying to keep away from bad things.

Last edited:
I'm a bit desheartened. I've pre weighed myself before going to get weighed and if anything I've gained weight. I did have a couple of cheats at the weekend (Red Wine and Roast Potatoes on Sunday) but is that enough to gain? I've been eating fruit till I'm blue in the face and sticking to meals for Red and Green. Eating Salad and veg, lean meats and pasta with homemade pasta sauce. Homemade calorie free soup! What am I doing wrong? Anybody? Please tell me that Slimming World isn't too good to be true and that it's not another waste of time for me! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??? Aaaagh!!!! :S

Weigh In No.1

Had my first weigh in and only lost half a pound. Spoke to some ladies at the meeting and they've said in some cases that it can take around 3 weeks for the weight to start coming off. Hey ho so I'll soldier on in the meantime. Also they were saying that most of them follow the Extra Easy.....so all my diaries from now on are Extra Easy.

Food diary for today as follows.....

Breakfast
Tasting at SW Club Meeting (lots of soups, rice dishes, biscuits 'n low fat/cal options)

Snack
2 Alpen Light
Banana

Lunch
Homemade Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Muller Light

Snack
2 Satsumas
Muller Light

Dinner
Bacon Steaks with fat cut off
Baked Potato
42g Low Fat Cheddar Cheese
Baked Beans
3 Baby Beets
Frozen Muller light (don't think I like them frozen!)

Between Lunch and dinner, it's about 6 hours and around 5 o'clock I'm peckish so I had two packets of Weight Watcher Chilli Tortilla crisps - 4 syns a packet. I had a dash of milk in my coffee at breakfast time and 3 tablespoons of skimmed is 1/2 syn. So total syns for today is 8 'n a half. My tummy is full up and I'm purring like a pussy cat! Can't believe I'm on a diet! I hope I'm not eating too much. If you read this and think I'm maybe eating too much, can you let me know? You know how sometimes you can't see the woods for the trees?...... :D

Looks like you're doing fine to me Sherry! Good luck!

Love your gorgeous dog by the way! He looks so cute in that pic!! :D

Thanks Mel. I am thinking perhaps I'm eating too much but one of the ladies at the meeting today said you have to eat plenty to fuel the body....so I'm eating like I'm not on a diet but just missing out the naughty stuff like biscuits, crisps 'n chocolate. Is that normal?

Yeah my dog is cool eh? He is a she and her name is Smudge and she's a Mamma's girl! Yay! My best pal. xx

Ok, here goes for today though I'm not finished and there may be more added later on. Wait 'n see.

Easy Extra

Breakfast 7.00am
Mullerlight
Banana

Lunch 2pm (Was Hank!!!!!)
3 Slices of Ham
Homemade Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Satsuma
Banana
Apple

Snack
Mullerlight
2 Alpen Light Bars (HEB)
Weight Watchers Chilli Tortillas (4 syns)

Haven't decided on tea yet.....maybe more soup! :D

Dinner
Large bowl of homemade chicken & veg soup
Mullerlight

I'm starving now and still got a HEB to have....pondering

Ok, I had a cup of coffee and an Alpen Light Bar, an apple and a satsuma! Dunno what's wrong with me today but I was bloomin starving today.

So 8.5 syns today. Not bad...hopefully can have a good weekend with my saved syns. xx

Last edited:
Hi again! Yeah, I know....my dieting is giving me whiplash!!! I've been back at Slimming World for 3 weeks now and didn't really follow the diet till yesterday! I was thinking low fat was keeping me down...however after gaining this week, I've realised this is not the case. I gotta follow the diet. Please give me any input....and if you think I should tweak or alter. Thanks. xx

Yesterday - Thursday 4th March 2010 - Red Day

Breakfast - 7am

Coffee with milk (HEA)
Banana
Orange
Apple

Lunch - 2pm

4 Rye Crispbreads
Tuna in Brine
1 tbsp Extra Light Mayonnaise (1/2 syn)
2 Weight Watchers Yoghurts Fat Free
Orange
Cereal Bar (HEB1)
Apple

Snack

Orange
Clementines

Dinner

Chicken
Peppers
Onions
2 Whole Wheat Tortillas (4.5 syns each)
Low Fat Creme Fraiche 2 tbsp (1 syns)
Salsa 4 tbsp (2 syns)
Fajita Powder Mix (1.5 Syns)
20g low fat cheddar (HEA)

Snack

2 Clementines
Cereal Bar (HEB2)

OMG!!!! That's loads eh? Went OTT on the fruit eh? Musta been starving.

Today has started off well. Will update later today. xx

Friday 5th March- Green Day

Breakfast

Banana
2 x Weight Watchers Yoghurts
2 x Clementines

Snack

Asda Vitality Bar (HEB1)

Lunch

Homemade Vegetable Soup
2 x Weight Watchers Yoghurt
Orange
Banana

Snack

Vitality Cereal Bar (HEB2)
Walkers Salt & Vinegar Baked (5 syns)
Banana

Dinner

Pasta
Homemade Pasta Sauce (1 syn for reduced fat pesto)
1/4 Good For You Garlic Baguette (6 syns)
Mixed Salad
Reduced Fat Cheddar

What a pig!!! I have no excuse....think I've got worms! :D

Saturday 6th March - Extra Easy

Breakfast

Banana
Orange

Snack

Ryvita Fruit Crunch Crispbread (3 syns)
Part of 250ml 1% The One Milk for Coffee (HEA)

Lunch

Bowl of Homemade Veg Soup
2 Rye Crispbread (HEB1)
Tuna & Sliced Tomato

Dinner

Chicken Chow Mein (9 syns)
8 chips!! (eek!)

Snack

Asda Vitality Bar (HEB2)

Was to see X Factor tonight! Was shockingly good! Olly was the best...he has the X Factor, definately. :D

Nite nite! xoxo

Last edited:
Oh dear.....the days just fly by eh? Well I've got my weigh in tomorrow and I've been really good. Sticking to my diet practically 100% although I did have some Pringles on Sunday and a slice of Arctic Roll and Low Fat Vanilla Ice Cream! Don't know if that will have had much of an effect though. Will have to wait 'n see what the scales say tomorrow.

I was saying to my friend today that long gone are the days where I'd have a choccy biccy with coffee, or a random bag of crisps cuz I was peckish. I don't drink much, unless I have an arranged night out. I don't eat chocolate anymore. I haven't had bread in 3 weeks, I don't eat chips...although I know I could have SW homemade ones..., I avoid fat and sugar.......so what's the score? Why can't I lose weight?

I have started walking the dog again now that the weather isn't so cruel. I deliberately haven't cancelled my gym membership...I just need to get back to do aerobics or something. That'll be sometime soon.

I have a food intollerance test on Thursday, I'm hoping he comes back with a miracle cure! Haha! My cousin went to Holland & Barratt for an intollerance test and was told to avoid dairy as it was stopping her body from absorbing fat. She's lost a stone and a half by stopping eating dairy......I'm praying it's genetic! Ha! Fat chance (no pun intended). So I'll keep ya posted.....not that anyone reads this...I'll keep myself posted. :D

Toodles. xx

Yesterday I had a healthy diet (except some chips with my bolognaise) but that's cuz I was Pee'd off. But Mackerill Salad for lunch, fruit 'n yoghurt for breakfast. Snacking was fruit 'n yoghurt too. Had bolognaise with rice (and around 8 chips) for tea....I felt so bloated this morning. I'm convinced it was the 3 Muller Lights I had yesterday! Thinking back to stages of my life when I was at my lightest, I didn't have much dairy...maybe only milk in my tea. Don't eat much cheese and yoghurts weren't really a staple diet in my fridge unless it's frubes or chocolate mousse for the kids. Now I eat 2 to 3 Muller Lights or 4 to 6 Weight Watchers Yoghurts a day and I feel bloated all the time. My reason for this deliberation??....it turns out I have a dairy intollerance. In fact, everybody has. The human body isn't designed to drink cows milk. The bloke told me that cows milk was not good for me and to cut it out of my diet completely so I've been looking into Soya milk and cheese. My cousin said after two weeks of no dairy my metabolic rate should shoot back up and I will have more energy and feel alot better. I am tired all the time but I put that down to being overweight. So nothing ventured. No dairy at all for me today. Did you know that salt 'n vinegar and cheese 'n onion crisps have dairy in them? They're sprinkled with Whey Powder which is essentially cows milk! Well I never! I'm allowed ready salted, beef and prawn cocktail though. Not that I'm eating crisps cuz I'm doing slimming world! Well low fat ones I am.

So watch this space....will let yaz know how my no dairy goes. I'm holding out loads of hope. Feeling better already and it's only been a day.

xx

Last edited:
Back