Dairy of a Cuckoo

Loving the positivity!!! :D

Well done on resisting all that temptation, and that is indeed good news about your chest and the exercises!

I'm sure your family has been worried about you, but grief is a funny thing and you never know how you will be affected - sounds like you have made a brilliant start at turning around, and should be proud of yourself!! I lost my nan and mum within 18 months of each other, and had at the time just decided on a major career change, going into working in education, which I love but left a rather well paid job to do so!! This was 5 years ago now and I only really feel like I've regained control in the last year or so!!

Keep at it sweets, you are doing amazingly well!!! :) xxx

Loving the positivity!!! :D

Well done on resisting all that temptation, and that is indeed good news about your chest and the exercises!

I'm sure your family has been worried about you, but grief is a funny thing and you never know how you will be affected - sounds like you have made a brilliant start at turning around, and should be proud of yourself!! I lost my nan and mum within 18 months of each other, and had at the time just decided on a major career change, going into working in education, which I love but left a rather well paid job to do so!! This was 5 years ago now and I only really feel like I've regained control in the last year or so!!

Keep at it sweets, you are doing amazingly well!!! :) xxx

awwww thank you Emz :bighug:xxxx

Good morning people!!! Weigh in day for the cuckoo.....

FOUR POUND OFF!! ... Thank you very muchly!!!

Very happy bird! :happy036:

I for one would like to thank you for helping me in my maintenance. I simply think about 'quark mixed with marmite' and voila! I don't feel like eating.

On a more serious note, well done on your first week's loss. I was 15 stone 2lbs last May and am now 9 stone so it's all perfectly achievable, providing you don't awkwardly fall on a big cake with your mouth open.

All the best!

WOOOHOOOOOO GO YOU :wow::happy096:

delighted for you, well done :) xx

I for one would like to thank you for helping me in my maintenance. I simply think about 'quark mixed with marmite' and voila! I don't feel like eating.

On a more serious note, well done on your first week's loss. I was 15 stone 2lbs last May and am now 9 stone so it's all perfectly achievable, providing you don't awkwardly fall on a big cake with your mouth open.

All the best!

:8855:I LOVE MARMITE MIXED WITH QUARK LOL!....glad my weird tastes have suppressed your appetite though!

I've achieved staggering weight loss with SW before bit of an old hand really - but osing 4lb in the 3rd week of quitting smoking is more than good enough for me, I would of been delighted with STS too.

What a fantastic achievement on losing nearly 7 stone...how amazing!! :) don't think of quark and marmite too much or you might end up disappearing if you turn side-ways :D xxx

Soooo today - I've cleaned the house from top to bottom! Apart from having to take my inhaler a few times, my lungs behaved themselves. I was put in a REAL dilemma last night.

After having lunch with my son yesterday - where I mainly ate meat and veg, my gay best friend who I've not seen since my Mams funeral because he started a new job and has been on shifts phoned me to see if I wanted to go out for dinner (his treat) being stuffed from lunch and not wanting to take the p*ss out of the plan by eating out twice in one day I said I couldn't. Anyway he decided to come over for a few hours. He arrives with 3 bottles of wine - and nearly fainted with surprised when I said I don't drink anymore, as I went off to make a cup of camomile and spearmint tea.

He had a few drinks we caught up and filled in all the gaps, he cried his eyes out then threatened to slap me (lol) because I hadn't let on in all our phone calls, texts, emails and on FB how I'd been struggling since Mam passed, I told him it was deliberate to keep it to myself and he said he felt guilty...and I must never keep stuff from him again...blah blah blah.

I've promised to do next Wednesday with him, lunch and shopping (new Christmas outfits for his dog!!). Anyway he left, insisting that he leave a bottle of wine in my fridge in case I change my mind...

The wine is still there I didn't change my mind - but it did cross my mind every 0.5 seconds - thank god I was knackered and went to bed at 11pm because I think I would of had a glass and then had a cigarette. So today has been many achievements reached for many different reasons.....and I'm very VERY pleased :innocent0002:...

So today I've decided to implement some hypnotherapy to help me on my journey. I would like some portion control and a little bit more willpower in the evening, because where I would normally drink and smoke I'm snacking - which I know SW advocate within the syns and super free food etc...but I'm getting fed up of going to bed with a space hopper belly full of farts :p.

I've had tomato soup made from chicken stock, sieved and canned tomatoes chopped onion and carrot all blended up, with a slice of whole meal bread toasted and left to go cold so was like a yummy chewy cracker (try it). Tonight I'm having pork loin that I've marinated in a little Worcester sauce, mustard powder, onion salt and garlic. Going to have a huge salad with it, with green olives and cherry tomatoes and some nice lemon and cracked pepper balsamic dressing. Got a ton of dwarf strawberries to eat before they go green and hairy...so I'm having a bowl of them later slightly warmed with sweetener sugar and ff Greek yoghurt. The wine will stay in the fridge...unless the OH drinks it ....nicotine or alcohol poses no problem... So I'm swaggering into my 3rd week without either, and thanking the day I told them both to sod off :)

Hope you're all having a good Thursday :) xxx

Gorgeous dinner...hubbs had the same and said it was really tasty. Just had a gorgeous hot chocolate and some strawberries. Gotta go into town tomorrow to do boring things to do with paperwork etc...but I'm avoiding my normal skinny latte at Starbucks, because its not so skinny and I shall avoid the meatball marinara at subway with their massive raisin and oak cookies. I'm going to have a PROPER breakfast instead of the normal 20 coffees and 3 grapes. Will try toast of course spread with quark mixed with marmite :D (already laughing at Gretagrips pending reaction!). :giggle:

Thinking a nice ham salad sandwich with a mug of bovril and a packet of twiglets for lunch and fruit (yep I Lurrrve marmite). :tongue:

Dinner is going to be a massive plate of SW chips and roasted veggies covered in mushy pea curry (cue space hopper fatty belly again)....I think if all goes to plan Friday will be a very successful EE day :) :)

....and that bottle of wine is STILL in the fridge! :Na_Na_Na_Na:

Bovril and twiglets? Bleeeeeeeee

Apart from that - a great day of eating . Well done on resisting the soft calling voice of the alcohol

Had the toast....had the ham salad sandwich....not doing the SW chips and mushy pea curry with roasted veggies because has normal my sieve brain forgot that I have to go and get my nicotine patches from the pharmacist and then take one of the moggies for her check-up.

so I'm doing ham and lots of green salad, cherry tomatoes and olives....quick and tasty and actually just what I fancy because feeling a little like a bouncy castle because I've drunk so much herbal tea and water today.

Hope you've all got that Friday feeling and it feels goooooood!

bring on week 3 of non-smoking and soberism! :) :) :)

so theres a bottle of wine in your fridge is there!!! whats ur address again :p

fair play to you mrs, keep up the good work xx

so theres a bottle of wine in your fridge is there!!! whats ur address again :p

fair play to you mrs, keep up the good work xx

skip back a few posts and read about the gay best friend dilemma - it's wasn't really a dilemma...just wanted to make it sound dramatic :D xxx

Soooo today (Saturday) I'm thinking no brekkie coz the kids are still asleep I've been up with the puddies since 9am and hubbs is at work until at least 1pm....so it's coffee and puddy cuddles in bed until both my zombies stagger from their crypts :whistle:

lunch Im thinking ham salad sandwich again with balsamic dressing and a sweet and sour mugshot packet of twiglets and a tangerine....probably only manage the sandwich and twiglets....:cross:

dinner is the norm for Saturday here in the finchstas house, sausage and mash and peas with onion gravy...

I always go and put flowers on my Mams grave on a Saturday and we always pass the most brilliant fresh fruit and veg shop on the way...so I'm going to get a whole load of fruit and veg and salad - hoping that it will stop me eating sweets and crisps tonight, or at least stop me eating far too many sweets and crisps tonight.:party0051:

Saturday is always a big family thing with us, we always on a saturday sit as a family watch the evening TV while eating dinner (instead of eating at the dining table like we do all the other days) then its films with snacks and pop until late....just because I can't indulge too much - don't mean they can't...but it's REALLY difficult when the bread sticks and dips and tortilla chips come out then the dry roasted nuts and pork scratchings, not too mention all the sweeties and chocolate - you'd think my kids and hubbs would all weigh 30 stone each the amount they eat...but the fat gene must just stop at me... :sigh2:

Anyway I know I'm doing ok because I can't remember this morning how many days I've been quit and sober!!!!! :happy036: Either that or Ive woke up with dementia :D

Have a good Saturday people's!!....will call in later :) xxx

I love your diary - its had me in stitches - I love how "real you are"! Keep up the good work, and extra well done for quitting smoking and drinking!

Back