Dairy of a Cuckoo

Bahahaha thats my logic too!

Sunday - another mental food day!

Doing a roast for 6 like I do every Sunday and trying to make wise decisions!...pfftttff yeh right like that's go an happen :p

Today breakfast is just coffee because after last nights food fest I need to reign it back a bit the best I can.

Lunch is of course going to be the normal massive Sunday roast, turkey crown this week. I always dry roast the spuds with fry-light and the mash is only done with skimmed milk and I have very little gravy...so my Sunday roast really is very EE friendly - I shall steer clear of the roasted Parmesan parsnips.....maybe :D

Tea is usually cold meat and salad sandwiches, crisps and cheese cake or sponge and custard. Still going to have the sandwich, have a small pack of twiglets and a small piece of cheese cake.

I think as long as I try as hard as I can on the week days, keep busy and be as active as my lungs allow and follow the plan as rigidly as I can then the things I eat at the weekend should balance themselves out I suppose. 80/20 rule like my GP said. I know it's not going to work forever but keeping my weight the same or slightly less until I get over not smoking is good enough for me.

Hope you all have a lovely tasty Sunday - shall report in later :)

Cuckoo that sounds like a yummy day lol... I have never heard of parmesan parsnips but they sound absolutely orgasmic! (am I allowed to say that word in here lol?)

Monday!

Omg!!! how crap has this day been so far today and its only 2.30pm in the afternoon. :banghead:

Slept like a wide awake person all night so was absolutely shattered when the alarm went off this morning. After seeing the kids off to school and seeing to the cats ended up going back to bed until 10am. Into the 3rd week of no smoking - so my chest is trying to desperately clear my body of all the bad crap - so I've got cold like symptoms and thanks to the side effects of my steroid inhaler I feel like someone has sandblasted my throat...so pretty much feeling sorry for myself :sigh2:

Hubbs is quite happy to do DIY for anyone else, but in our house if it involves lifting up a paint brush, then it only gets done if I do it....it's a standing joke in the family that's not funny no more if you know I mean :grumble: especially since I have physical limitations now so its not easy for me to do anymore.

Anyway started to do the glossing in the lounge, seemed I had to stop every 5 minutes either because a cat had dipped its tail in the paint of brushed against a painted door or skirting....or used the litter tray or because I had to use my inhaler...then I had to stop to make hubbs lunch for when he came home at 1pm....the glossing wouldn't be so bad but last time I did it the MIL sent Hubbs back with some gloss paint she didnt want anymore, so I went through the house with the stuff...but within weeks the brilliant white had turned pilau yellow thanks to it being about 20 years old and having lead in it...that caused another argument of the "your mothers useless and you're a tight-fisted git for not buying new paint"....ANYWAY!!...so the more I was glossing the more the 'other' paint colour was coming through....by the time the OH came came home for lunch I was fuming about everything and anything and nothing in particular. So he got it both barrels....all the frustration building up of him avoiding this painting thing like the plague....so the plot was lost...had an asthma attack...he went on a guilt trip and I went for a sulk :d'oh:
So sitting here looking at crappy paint work, feeling rough and miserable, Hubbs gone back to work none too happy because I've nagged his face off and now I feel bad for having a go....anyway...

breakfast - a few coffees and 2 slices of toast

lunch - an apple and a banana

Dinner - meatballs in home-made spicy BBQ sauce with spaghetti and Parmesan..with green salad to get the 3rd super-free.
going off to get a sense of humour and personality transplant :pcwhack: :badmood:

do you need a hug, come on now, be honest, im giving them out for free today, ah go on, dont, no no dont push me away....

:bighug::bighug:
there you go now, do you feel better :p

hope ur day improved

do you need a hug, come on now, be honest, im giving them out for free today, ah go on, dont, no no dont push me away....

:bighug::bighug:
there you go now, do you feel better :p

hope ur day improved

Ahhhhhhh :heartpump: I feel soooo much better now!...and them long arms just managed to fit round me.......so here's some banana love :D :bananalove:

Ahhhhhhh :heartpump: I feel soooo much better now!...and them long arms just managed to fit round me.......so here's some banana love :D :bananalove:

ahhh thanks - back at ya with my melons lol ;) :banana dancer:

Awake at the crack of stupid (no that's not another name for Hubs) :D

feel better so far, but then again I've only been sitting up in bed eating toast and reading the news. Made the mistake of stepping on the scales this morning it says 2 pounds up from last Thursday, which I'm not bothered about in the slightest...as long as I stay on or under my starting weight I'm ok...just gotta be careful with Christmas coming that it don't go pear shaped or big blob shaped in my case. I want to stay at my original starting weight from when I quit smoking as long as I can so I can hit the plan with gusto on the 1st January 2013. I want to be able to say I quit smoking without gaining weight. It will be three weeks tomorrow without nicotine and alcohol :bliss:

Anyway today is quite busy, the weekly shop then carry on with the painting, try and fit in a bath and I've GOT to dye my wig today because I'm beginning to scare children and old people. Okay here is how today's intentions are, and I term the word intention loosely!.:kitty:

breakfast - one slice of toast with quark and sliced tomato, coffee(s).

lunch- ham salad sandwich, twiglets, mug of bovril, tangerine and banana.

dinner - beef mince with onion and gravy, new potatoes, green beans and carrots.

pretty much having EE days now - relying on syns for the extra slice of bread - but to be honest, I count the syns like an obsessive on thurs, fri, mon, tues, weds but when it comes to the weekend....forget it!....it's food optimising all the way - life is far too short to say no to something because its 2 more syns than you think you should have - balls to that! :brainfart:

Have a lovely Tuesday - will report back later :) xxx :sign0168:

Not got half as much done as I was supposed to have got done. Finished off one wall of painting - doing some glossing after dinner when everything is sorted, food and dishes are out of the way and the cats seem more settled in the evening....have you ever tried decorating with a 6 month old and a 3 month old kitten spacking round the place?!...

My star week started today - so I'm hoping the scales saying I'm 2lb over is because of that.....Nothing to do with all the crap and rubbish that Ive scoffed all weekend :D ...We will see on Thursday.

I've defrosted half a ton of lean beef mince and so do not feel like mince for tea...with 2 vegetarian teenagers its gonna get wasted....hubs has got a healthy appetite but even he would struggle to eat half a minced cow.

Once I've cooked the stuff if there is any left over even though its been defrosted but cooked can I freeze it again like a ready meal?...

Anyway shall report in later with more episodes from my riveting action-packed Tuesday
:D

Oh! ....just added some pics onto my profile :)

Last edited:
Just got a text reminding me that I made arrangements for lunch with my gay best friend tomorrow - he will diva strop for forever if I don't go - but really can't be bothered...need a bomb under me arse this last few days can't get going for going. Told him I'll meet him at 1pm at the pub for lunch.

I've decided that from tomorrow I'm going to do just pure Paul McKenna "I can make you thin" hypnotherapy. It worked for me when it first got the publics attention back in about 2006. Lost 9lbs in my first week and was only a size 14-16 back then....but I got cocky and complacent, didn't listen to the CD again thought I got it cracked, fell back into old habits ....9lbs back on within the month. So I'm changing direction I need something that helps my portion control and SW doesn't do that for me - even though its the only plan Ive ever followed where I've lost a lot of weight. I don't know how to change my diary and take in out of the SW forum....just hope you lot will still follow and support me...because I'm still going to stalk you! :D

Last edited:
Its been very quiet on here today - hope you're all well!

Hope you've all had a good Tuesday! :) xxx

Last edited:
Dairy of a cuckoo - paul mckenna's i can make you thin hypnotherapy

DAY ONE: Paul McKenna hypnotherapy.

Breakfast - nothing.

Lunch - Half a chicken wrap and 15 chunky chips.

Dinner - small ham sandwich and 2 slices of melon.

.......Hope you're all having a good Wednesday! :)

Last edited:
i must look up the paul mckenna thread, never read bout his method before

good luck with it

When's your next weigh in Cuckoo?

I've read up on this method and find it really interesting. It wouldn't work for me though but I know others who've had great success with it. Good luck with it.

When's your next weigh in Cuckoo?

I've read up on this method and find it really interesting. It wouldn't work for me though but I know others who've had great success with it. Good luck with it.

I've weighed myself today because I nearly completed week 2 on SW. Only going to weigh myself every 2 weeks from now on.

But I've lost a pound this week which is 5lb in total in two weeks and fourth week of not smoking/drinking!!:bliss:

DAIRY OF A CUCKOO - PAUL McKENNA 'I CAN MAKE YOU THIN' HYPNOTHERAPY

DAY TWO:
Another good day so far..........

Set my alarm clock half an hour earlier like yesterday so I could listen to the hypnotherapy CD - works a treat because I'm still all cosy and warm and very relaxed from just waking up. It does take some discipline on a winters morning, when you know you could have half an hour of extra sleep - but saying that its not long before I'm in a very deep relaxed state of subconscious so it feels like I've drifted off asleep anyway thats until I hear Paul McKenna counting down from 10 telling me to wake up and stretch....it's a surreal but nice feeling :)

Breakfast - Nothing.

Lunch - half a ham and cucumber sandwich and 6 twiglets

Dinner - 1 grilled pork chop and a small green salad with olives and cherry tomatoes and half an orange.

I've had so much energy today - cleaned all the house from top to bottom every single room, cleaned all the windows and stripped all the beds and swept the yard and got 2 loads of washing done. But this is a fortunate side effect of not being bogged down and bloated with carbs or eating everything on your plate and being over-full because you've planned for it or its part of your syns/points/calories etc.

I CANNOT recommend Paul McKenna enough - I've seen it work so many times with so many friends...and all you have to do is find 30 minutes each day to listen to a CD and sometime each day to read a chapter or 2 of a book. I didn't find the time before, that's why it wouldn't work, and was sceptical and cocky....this time before anything else every morning that 30 minutes of that CD is my number 1 priority. His quit smoking hypnotherapy CD helped me quit...Ive got faith...shed loads of the stuff!

Hope you're all having a good Thursday - feel like I'm talking to myself abit now though lol :D

Last edited:
Finishing the day off with a nice mug of creamy hot chocolate - not been hungry at all since dinner - totally surprised, but it's a very secure feeling too....a feeling of being in control in someway, but still strange not knowing how something as simple as 30 minutes of subliminal tapping into the subconscious could have such a change of direction for me in my eating pattern because portion control was always my downfall.
See you tomorrow :)

Back