Dairy of a Cuckoo

i second that. having any kind of weight loss going through quitting cigs is pretty bloomin amazing!! so you should be very chuffed with yourself. didn't manage to listen yesterday with work commitments, but hopefully will get little man to nod off in a bit!! am finding it ok. can't say 100% yet...found myself in the kitchen picking at chocolate and biscuits..but...realised and stopped . usually that would lead to an all out go for gold! definately eating less but oh so enjoying what i am eating!!!
gonna take a lot for me not to get on the scales this weekend but want to wait the fortnight....we'll see!!!!!
hope you feeling better x

at least you stopped when you realised you where picking at stuff when you weren't hungry. Youre doing really well love and youre doing it comsciously....its all going the right way I think :) it's just getting into the habit again and it's hard with very yong children too I suppose.

My youngest is 13 in January next up is nearly 15 and the eldest is going on for 22 and lives with his girlfriend, so I don't have to plan around them. Was reading bits of the book last night and noticed it said after 2 weeks I could stop listening to the Cd everyday ....I'm not sure whether I will because I find it quite relaxing. xxx

How are you doing cuckoo? Sorry to hear you've been illing

Im doing good I think lol :) just had a 24 hour stomach bug that knocked me a bit but I'm ok I've stopped wimping and feeling sorry for myself lol...am still chugging on with the hypnotherapy and had another loss this week so well chuffed...also into my 5th week of no smoking too - so all in all it's not too bad :)
How's you doing?

Lisa xx

Diary of a cuckoo - Paul McKenna I can make you thin.

DAY NINE:

Not a bad day at all :)

Breakfast - Nothing

Lunch - 3 quarters of a ham sandwich

Dinner - half of chicken and broccoli burger, 3 onion rings, quarter of a medium spring roll, 5 chips and 2 spoons of baked beans (eaten from a ultimate combo share plate)

Last edited:
Diary of a cuckoo - Paul McKenna I can make you thin

Day 10:

Breakfast - 1 slice of toast with margarine and marmite.

Lunch - half a egg mayo sandwich and a packet of twiglets.

Dinner - 3 quarters of a Breaded haddock, 4 spoons of mushy peas and 10 chips.

4 glasses of wine :D

Still going good :) listening to the cd every single day without any problems, and day 30 of being a no smoker!

Happy Friday people :D

Last edited:
Day 11:

Breakfast - Nothing

Lunch - a third of a small portion of chips and 3 quarters of a ham and stuffing roll

Dinner -A steak and onion pasty

Last edited:
Day 12:

Breakfast - Nothing

Lunch - 3 quarters of a portion of a roast dinner
one scoop of ice cream

Dinner - a ham sandwich and a packet of twiglets

Last edited:
Day 13:

Breakfast - Nothing

Lunch - half a ham and lettuce sandwich

Dinner - quarter of a portion of meatballs and spaghetti

( rolls in )

How's it going ? Not a teaspoon of quark in sight I see! Good to know.

How are you finding this way of eating ?

I feel brilliant - not sluggish or bloated and have loads more energy. I eat what I want when Im hungry. It's really liberating :)

Just starting Paul Mckenna again today, it really is the easiest 'diet' as long as you listen to the CD every day - that's the hardest bit really...good luck!

I've done 2 weeks and feel brilliant. I think my weight loss is only going to be slow because I'm also going through quitting smoking too (5 weeks) :) I put my alarm clock of half an hour earlier in the morning and listen to it before I get up I fee it works better because I'm already relaxed. Good luck with your journey let me know how you get on :)

Lisa xxx

I've done 2 weeks and feel brilliant. I think my weight loss is only going to be slow because I'm also going through quitting smoking too (5 weeks) :) I put my alarm clock of half an hour earlier in the morning and listen to it before I get up I fee it works better because I'm already relaxed. Good luck with your journey let me know how you get on :)

Lisa xxx

I listened this morning too worked really well, really set me up for eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm full all day! And so far today has been a good day..I've just eaten what my body asks for which feels really natural.

I'm so glad I'm not on SW or calorie counting anymore, it's nice not to obsess about food and to be able to eat anything I fancy is amazing! hopefully I'll loose a few pounds as a bonus too!

Total respect to you for doing it whilst giving up cigs that's amazing!

I listened this morning too worked really well, really set me up for eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm full all day! And so far today has been a good day..I've just eaten what my body asks for which feels really natural.

I'm so glad I'm not on SW or calorie counting anymore, it's nice not to obsess about food and to be able to eat anything I fancy is amazing! hopefully I'll loose a few pounds as a bonus too!

Total respect to you for doing it whilst giving up cigs that's amazing!

Its liberating not having to count syns or eat certain things on certain days. There's been hard times when I've had to be very self disciplined and stop eating when I felt that little bit of pressure in my stomach even though I was really enjoying it and could of easily eaten the whole lot. The first week I let myself get really hungry every day so I would be in no doubt that it was real hunger, which was horrible, but this week (my weeks go from Wednesday to Wednesday) it's not been too bad and when I've been in a place where Im hungry but can't just grab something it's not bothered me and I've managed without feeling like I'm going to wolf my food down....it does get easier. This week I'm going for listening to the cd every other day considering I've done 2 whole weeks of listening to it every day. But if I start feeling a little complacent or I find Im not consciously eating I will go back to listening to it every day again even though I know it off by heart lol.
I'll be happy with a STS or a pound off tomorrow as long as its not a gain I don't mind - it'll happen at its own pace as long as I put 100% in :)
I'm here for you if need support or just not sure or something :) Lisa x

Day 14:

Breakfast - 1 slice of toast with margarine and marmite

Lunch - half a egg mayo and lettuce sandwich and a cup of bovril

Dinner - medium portion of chilli con carne with boiled rice, sour cream and green salad.

Last edited:
WEIGH IN!!!...... And Ive lost 3 pounds this week...I'm very, very pleased with that....it's far too easy this :D bring on week 3 with Mr McKenna :)

Last edited:
Day 15:

Breakfast - Nothing

Lunch - half a toasted cheese sandwich

Dinner - vegetarian spring roll and a quarter portion of chips with curry sauce

snacks - snickers and a walnut whip.

Last edited:
I had chocolate for my supper last night, and ate it like a meal. Difference is a didnt binge or think oh I've wrecked it all now - because it's not a diet and I did it when I was hungry. Now normally I wouldn't eat sweets or chocolate for a meal even though its encouraged if that's what you want to do, because it just never feels right to me. I'm more of a savoury person. But last night I had chocolate for the first time in 2 weeks - just not fancied it until now. Seemed weird putting a walnut whip and a snickers bar on a Small plate and eating it lol but it worked a treat. Got me to thinking of the amount of chocolate I used to eat in the past and I don't know how I ate so much of the stuff to be honest. It was lovely too!!! :)

Im only listening to the cd every other day now because I've done my 2 weeks of once a day..,think I'm still going to listen to it more than once at the weekend though because weekends still seem to be a bit of a danger area for me and I've still got to be quite disciplined. :bolt:

Last edited:
fair play, that's brilliant that you can do that. did you find it easy to put complete trust in this? well i suppose its not 'this' but trust in yourself. think I've mentioned before, but im struggling to let myself loose around 'normal' food. so long in the mindset of what you can and can't eat. madness ... utter madness. anyways i might be a very slow struggling starter but i still have faith!! i know you think your talking to yourself a lot of the time, but you posting your successes, is really motivating. cant always reply very quickly but i do read them!! good luck with the next week with both food and cigs x

fair play, that's brilliant that you can do that. did you find it easy to put complete trust in this? well i suppose its not 'this' but trust in yourself. think I've mentioned before, but im struggling to let myself loose around 'normal' food. so long in the mindset of what you can and can't eat. madness ... utter madness. anyways i might be a very slow struggling starter but i still have faith!! i know you think your talking to yourself a lot of the time, but you posting your successes, is really motivating. cant always reply very quickly but i do read them!! good luck with the next week with both food and cigs x

Some days are better than others I must admit...I still need a certain amount of self discipline and its just getting into the habit I suppose. I'm still along way from this becoming a way of life so still write everything down and still listen to Cd I've relaxed a little bit more around food but I know if I make a full sandwich I will eat a full sandwich so I make half a sandwich and I give myself smaller portions because that makes me slow my eating down because having smaller portions means that I will finish my meal miles before anyone else if I eat without thinking so that's how I deal with it. It's what works for you :) it's nice to know someone out there is getting motivated at what I'm doing...just go at your own speed it'll fall into place when it needs to. I would stray away from using it along side a diet like ww or SW for example because that's just reinforcing the diet culture and its what PM is trying to get people away from xxx

Back