Dairy of a twenty two year old

Jess2305

I have been looking at minimins the last few weeks and decided that now i am back from moy holiday i am joining slimming world again (rejoined last Tues, weigh in tonight aaaaaah).

Decided to start my own weight loss diary, just to keep me on track really.

So this is who i am:

Jess, i am 22 and i live in North East Wales. I work as a support worker with adults with learning disabilities.

I am a bit of a comfort eater. When i was a teenager i was quite slim size 12, very proud of myself. Then when i was 14 we found out my Dad had cancer in his neck and from their my weight just spirraled out of control. Dads had an op and 6 weeks of radiotherapy and the cancer was gone, but unfortunately the bad food habits i had picked up wern't, i'd buy rubbish with the money i had for lunch and eat eat eat! Then when i was 17 we found out my Dad had cancer again, this time it was in his lungs and bones, 6 weeks later he passed away. I was devastated, and from there i comfort ate, chocolate, pringles cakes takeaway biscuits anything really i could get my hands on. I went to uni and after my first year joined slimming world lost 3 and a half stones.
unfortunately put it all on again and so another journey starts............

I am starting a masters this September and training to be a social worker and for this reason i want to get this weigh off,
so starting weight 17st 9.5

I have got a goal of 50 pounds for Xmas!:cross:

weigh in in half an hour and from then i am using this diary for my ups and downs, what i have eaten and my favorite receipes.

Hey sweetie you can do this :D (((hugs))) re your Dad xxxxx My weight spiralled out of control when I lost my Dad and i've never managed to get on top of it since.

We are all here to help and support you and you have Sept to look forward to sounds fantastic. Good luck at WI. I find keeping a diary really helps to keep me focused and if I have a blip I find it easier to draw a line and move on as I feel I have other people to account to :) xxxxx

Hello jess! Sorry to read about your dad!
Seems that we are a similar age (Im 18), and I am also going to Uni to study, and am hoping that I can get lots of weight off in my first year, well done on the 3 and a half stone (hope I can lose that much!)
Good luck, there are lots of people on here that are willing to help out when dieting times are tough!
Charlotte xx

Hi I am restarting my weightloss journey once again like you I have lost weight before and have put it back on again, this time my excuse was that I had a baby in jan 2011 but after 6 months I have now decided enough is enough and I am going to shift this weight. I weighed in this morning for the first time in a while and was disappointed to discover I weigh 12 st 9 lbs almost as heavy as I was when pregnant 13st 2 lbs. I am going back to uni for my final year in September and I no longer want to feel fat and frumpy so my goal is to get down to 10 stone. I hope to reach my target weight by may 2012 when I am going to Florida with my whole family and I would love to be able to wear a bikini again but at the moment with my post baby body that would be a big no no. I have very low self esteem right now, I used to be confident and very bubbly but as my weight has gone up my confidence has slowly disappeared and I want it back. So here I go...wish me luck. I hope we can support each other and give some good tips and ideas to keep us motivated, good luck for your weigh in tonight. Aimee xx

I just want to say that you CAN do it and I'm sure that you WILL do it!
I find keeping a diary on here is really motivating, I have only been doing it a few days but it does make me think twice about little extras. Having a final goal, which is within reach, is also amazing!
Hope you do well and WI and can't wait to read the diary! xx

thanks for the kind words guys :)

lost 7 and a half pounds this week chuffed to bits!:angel09::angel09:

Hi Aimee! I can really relate to you, since i gained the weight, i have become so shy i rarely see my friends because i'm so embarrased of my self, that is not good! I came back from my holiday a week ago (two weeks in Skiathos, bliss, didn't want to come home) and on the return flight i could just about wedge myself into the seat on the plane, but to be honest i could see people who were about a size 16 struggling i think it was just a bad plane. That made me realise that this couldn't go on, me and my boyfriend have booked to go to Zante with my sister and her fiance next year, my goal is to obviously fit in the seat comfotably and also wear a bakini! i know we can do it :)

ok so tommorow i'm on my second week of 50 pounds by Xmas, with only 45 to go :)

Have been mad busy this week with work. Just don't seem to have stopped.
Have been picking a bit this week, my own fault, had half a chips with my selfish boyfriend who brought them home, but to be honest i didn't enjoy them and i think its because i knew i was cheating myself though, and i think it was a lesson that needed to be learnt! I have tried to improve myself, hopefully i'll loose even a pound.
so as i havn't done any other diaries with bring in work today i have had
Bfast- melon, tangerine, apple and yoghurt (mullerlight)
Dinner- ham bap (HE B) with lettuce, tomato and cucumber, bag skips 4.5 syns
Teas- is going to be spag bol with cheese (HE A)

am eating and dashing tonight as i'm off to work again!
am looking into joining curves gym though in september

Jess
XxXxX

Back