Dairylea spread

ickleladynat

Can you use dairylea spread as a HEX instead of the trianges? If so how many grams can you have.

no-one wants to commit to this post,your not meant to,but if its what you got in your fridge then i would use it,but i would use it sparingly xx

Thanks hun. I just text my leader - why on earth can't you use it if you weigh in out to the same weight as a triangle? I just don't understand! xx

Well she text back saying I can't have it as a HEX :/. It's really stupid. It's not like there is different ingrediants it's exactly the same thing but not in little triangles. BUgger it. I only have the spread in the house so i'm going to use it and just weigh out the same amount as a triangle. Surely there can't be any difference?

Well she text back saying I can't have it as a HEX :/. It's really stupid. It's not like there is different ingrediants it's exactly the same thing but not in little triangles. BUgger it. I only have the spread in the house so i'm going to use it and just weigh out the same amount as a triangle. Surely there can't be any difference?
tbh i would use it to if it was all i had in the house just go easy with it..course theres a difference it in a triangle silly lol:)xx

Lol. ok so the only difference is the shape!!!! What a weird one that is. Anyways i'm just going to weigh the cheese out to 22.5g as a light triangle would be! End of! My mams bought it and will kill me if I don't use it. haha

I think it's just that in triangles, it's a set amount portion, every single time, which helps to keep things in control. Measuring out is a bit of a pain, and we're more likely to just spread it out til it looks like enough, which might lead to eating more than you should have. If it's in triangles, you can have two or three, however many it says, and then you know where you are.

bloody triangles? perhaps if i start cutting my favourite foods into three sided shapes i can get away with havint them as hebs all part of the magic food science of slimming world

Isnt it down to the fat content.the lcow lights are less than 3%fat.
I'm really not sure, do they not do tubs of the light variety? I don't know, I just buy the light triangles as that's what the book said to do. I remember in my reading through stuff at the beginning it saying triangles, not tubs, though I can't remember the context of where that was written. It just stuck in my head as a message to buy the triangles. Not very helpful, I know! :confused:

they do tubs of dairy lea light i used to live on the stuff at uni

i would when your next in the supermarket compare the nutritional information of the light triangles and the light spread and if its the same then use the spread but measure it out and if its different (which it may be rather randomly) then id only use the triangles

bloody triangles? perhaps if i start cutting my favourite foods into three sided shapes i can get away with havint them as hebs all part of the magic food science of slimming world

Haha that is so funny!!!!

I have yet to figure out how they work out their values and what is the science behind it?

Back