*** Daisy_Chain's Food Diary Extra Easy Veggie Style ***

Hello everyone!

So this is my .... um... 5th attempt at losing weight with Slimming World but i'm determined it will be my last. My 40th birthday is looming (December 2013) and I want to look fabulous again and not be frumpy at 40.

I started back at Slimming World class a couple of weeks ago and i'm so far very happy with the way it's going. I'm vegetarian but i am following the extra easy plan (basically Green days but with only 1 HEXA and HEXB, and i'm ensuring i have 1/3 plate superfree)

I've had a great 2 weeks food optimising but have only just plucked up courage to start posting on here and sharing my highs and lows with the plan.

It's a weird time to start on the food diary as the past couple of days have been a bit - ahem - interesting. Yesterday was my wedding anniversary (8yrs!) and husband bless him bought me some lovely flowers....but also a lovely chocolate cupcake! Which i ate. And tried desperately to pretend that i really *didn't* eat the 4 finger kit kat at lunch time too.... :eek:

Tonight I am off to Frankie and Benny's with my friend for our usual monthly meal/gossip/cinema visit. I am going to make good choices though. I'm going to have the Pasta Arrabiata with a side salad (dressing on the side). And i'm taking grapes to munch on in the cinema.

So ramble over....i'll let you know how I get on and i will start posting my daily food diary from tomorrow x

So the meal at Frankie & Bennys went quite well. I had the Pasta Arrabiata as planned with a side salad and no dressing. I did succumb to a couple of slices of garlic bread though... I've counted them though and I am still within my syn limit for this week. My friend was very impressed when i pulled out my bag of grapes to snack on in the cinema :)

Back on track today though - gonna be 100% ready for weigh in on Monday.

Breakfast: SS Milk (HEXA) 35g Porridge Oats (HEXB)

Snack: Apple, grapes

Lunch: Pasta, mixed lettuce leaves, cucumber, quorn ham, fat free cottage cheese, light balsamic dressing (1 syn), Coconut Muller light

Snack: Kit Kat (5.5 syns)

Tea: 3 x Linda McCartney Rosemary sausages, syn free chips, salad, Mint Muller Light

Total syns for today: 12

Last edited:
Thank Crunchie it's Friday!

Snack: Apple

Lunch: Ainsley Harriott Garlic & Sundried Tomato Cous Cous (3.5 syns), mixed lettuce leaves, cucumber, beetroot, quorn ham, fat free cottage cheese, light balsamic dressing (1 syn)

Tea: 2 Quorn peppered steaks (1 syn), syn free wedges, baby sweetcorn, garden peas, kit kat (5.5 syns)

Syns for today: 10

Last edited:
Didnt get chance to update my diary this weekend as my internet connection is kaput! It's amazing how much we have come to rely on the internet. BT have said that all should be fixed by Wednesday.

Saturday:

Lunch: Quorn ham, boiled egg, salad, light balsamic dressing (1 syn)

Dinner: At the pub! Not many decent choices here so had Goats cheese salad with a pesto dressing. Was rather disappointed as it was the size of a starter (even though it was on the main menu) and I felt hungry still....and everyone else was tucking into pie and chips which was a killer.
When i got back from the pub i ate a pack of Quorn ham!

Syns for today: No idea! 25 maybe?

Sunday:

Lunch: Mugshot (pitiful lunch i know but i was rushing about taking my daughter swimming), Apple

Dinner: Pasta with peas, baby corn and Light Philly with garlic and herbs (4 syns)

Supper: Felt really hungry so had a bowl of syn free chips! They really are lifesavers!

Total syns: 9.5 - not enough super free today

Last edited:
Tuesday:
So pleased with last nights weigh in. Lost another 1.5lbs, so that's 7lbs lost in just 3 weeks :D

Really busy day at work today so not a very exciting food day so far. Going to make up for it with a yummy tea packed with superfree foods.

Lunch: Mugshot, Apple, Muller Light, Tesco digestive bar (4.5 syns)

Dinner: 3 x Linda McCartney Rosemary sausages, syn free paprika wedges, brocolli, cauliflower

Total syns for today: 10

Last edited:
Hey!
Thought I'd stop by seen as you're another veggie diary :D Eating out is an absolute nightmare as a veggie SW'er isn't it?! :( You make far healthier choices than I do though lol :p
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary and I think a celebratory chocolate cupcake is allowed for such an important day ;)

Looking forward to following your diary as I've recently started doing some EE days myself.
Kelly.x

Hi Kelly! Thanks for reading my ramblings on my food diary :) Well done on your brilliant weight loss so far!
You're so right about eating out, i am sorely tempted by my usual veggie burger and fries!

Wednesday:

Lunch: Mugshot (this is getting into a habit, MUST PLAN MY WORK LUNCH BETTER!!), Muller light, Apple, Kit kat (5.5 syns)

Tea: Omlette, syn free chips, broccoli, carrots, kit kat (5.5 syns)

Syns for today: 11

Last edited:
What a week. Since Wednesday night I've been so poorly with a chest infection so havent really been on plan at all. Not eaten enough, when i did it was really the best choices and i haven't written down at all. It's weigh in tonight so i'll have to face the music. I did have a sneaky peek on my scales this morning (naughty i know) and it flickered between a maintain and gaining 1lb.

I'm starting to feel a lot better now (although i still feel like i'm coughing up a lung!) so next week should be a lot better.

Monday 8th Oct:

Breakfast: Muller light

Lunch: Ainsley Harriott cous cous (3.5 syns), lettuce, celery, beetroot, fat free cottage cheese, Muller Light

So 0.5lb lost last night at weight in - phew! That was a relief. Now i'm starting to feel a lot better so back on plan. Nothing in my way this week so hoping for a good loss.

Tuesday 9th October

Lunch: Ainsley Harriott Cous Cous (3.5 syns), lettuce, celery, beetroot, cottage cheese
Muller light, Orange Club (5.5 syns)

Dinner: Spanish omlette (4 eggs, peppers, onion, chopped cooked new potatoes), Muller light

Snack: Orange Club (5.5 syns)

Total syns: 14.5

Last edited:
Thanks Kelly :) I love them too, hence why i snaffled two yesterday hehe. I only tend to spend my syns on chocolate or biscuits. i'm not a big drinker at all - i'd rather have a Double Decker than a glass of wine! :p

Wednesday 10th October

Lunch: Mugshot, Apple, Muller Light, Orange Club (5.5 syns)

To be continued...

I've been so slack with this food diary! *slap hands* I do write it down on a SW food diary so i haven't been completely naughty i guess ;)

So weigh in last night and I lost another pound, making it 8.5lbs in 5 weeks :talk017:

It's coming off nice and steady which will means hopefully that it will stay off forever!

Tuesday 16th October

Lunch: Ainsley Harriott Cous Cous (3.5 syns), lettuce, beetroot, cottage cheese, Quorn turkey slices, Muller Light, Asda digestive bar (4.5 syns)

Dinner: 3 x Linda McCartney rosemary sausages, syn free chips, garden peas, baby sweet corn

Have a great day everyone x

Last edited:
Excellent news about the loss :D That's a really good loss for the time. Congrats!

and your food sounds really nice for today. I'm starting to like the free Linda McCartney sausages, just wish they were cheaper :( Going to alternate buying bags of Quorn sausages and the free ones lol.

Back