DaisyDaisy's "No More Faffing About" CD Diary!

daisydaisy

Hi everyone,

It feels like I've been trying to lose weight forever! In fact I realised the other day it's exactly 20 years since I joined my very first slimming club. And I'm 37 (next week!), so you can see I started young...

Anyway, I finally had a breakthrough when I lost my excess 4 stone with LighterLife two years ago. Sadly my new found confidence and excitement at finally being slim wasn't to last long, and although I maintained well at first by eating healthily, my old ways slowly crept back (and with them 2.5 stone - eek!) and for the last year I've 'faffed' with CD so many times I've lost count, always sticking with it for a few weeks then having an "oh sod it!" moment and hitting the chocolate.

So... today is my final restart. Really! I don't want to end up back where I was before LL; I want to wear those lovely size 10/12 clothes I treated myself to after I'd done so well and felt so good about myself. At the moment they're gathering dust in the wardrobe. I got rid of all my 'big' clothes from before so I've had to keep buying bits and bobs in larger and larger sizes to keep me going - how depressing! And they're all black! But now even they are bursting at the seams. Oh to sit down and feel comfortable in my trousers again... that would be bliss!

It's amazing how being overweight (or obese as I am again now) affects my confidence and happiness levels. I'm pretty quiet anyway, but in my own way I'm a different person when I'm slim; I can deal with what life throws at me. When I'm big I feel invisible and my self esteem plummets.

Anyway, I thought I'd start a little diary to help keep me on the straight and narrow, and I'll try to post something most days about my progress. And if anyone's reading, feel free to join in, I'd love to hear from you and share some mutual encouragement!

Here goes with Day 1 on CD SS - and I'm doing OK!

Day 2 - So Far, So Good...

Well, I've almost finished Day 2 on SS. I know I'm probably speaking too soon, but it's been OK so far - mind you, I have a streaming cold at the moment, and I suspect my usual voracious appetite is pretty non-existent as a result, which makes it easier to abstain!

I must confess to being a serial scale-hopper, and simply have to check every morning - and today was delighted to find I'm already 2lbs down. OK, I know it's only water weight at this stage, but still... it's so motivational, seeing those numbers going down every few days!

Here's hoping for further loss and another good day tomorrow...

Well done hun on day 2, despite the raging cold symptoms. BUT........... stay away from the scales, they can really DICTATE sometimes. If you stick to it 100% then it doesn't matter what they say, but if you get on them they become the devil's instruments and tell you otherwise. Don't let them into your life, they will tell you all sorts of lies and deceive you xxx

Day 3 - Still going!

Well, that's Day 3 nearly over with...

Still have a horrible cold, which I'm sure is helping with the appetite thing, as I said yesterday. Wandered round town this morning sneezing my head off, eyes streaming - the bright sunshine was lovely but to the onlooker it must have looked as if it was making me cry! Have had a slight headache and been feeling a bit grouchy at times, but I'm putting that down to the cold as much as anything - see, having a cold is a great way to disguise the worst few days of SS! (Not that I'm advising anyone to catch one...!)

Anyway, I'm managing to stick with SS 100%, amazingly, so I'm feeling really pleased with myself. I've had so many failed restarts I've lost count - but feeling stronger and more positive by the day at the moment. I know I still have the next few days to get through though, to really get 'in the zone' - from past experience it takes me about two weeks to really feel OK and lose the hunger completely.

Managing about 4 litres of water a day too, which is good for me as that's one thing I've never been good at in the past. Read the thread about drinking water again, just to give me some extra incentive.

Cheryl - thanks so much for your encouragement. I do know what you mean about jumping on the scales daily - they do have the power to make or break my day, without doubt, but I seem to need that daily check for the first few days at least. I promise I'll try to ease off them as I get further into SS! Having said that, they are still my 'friend' today, showing a further 2lbs off - but like the worst kind of friends, I know they could turn and stab me in the back at any moment, so I'll be very wary!

Tiamaria - thank you also for your kind words. It really means a lot to know others are willing me on to succeed.

Right, that's day 3 then. Onwards and upwards!

Day 4 - old grumpychops!

Well, I've almost made it to the end of Day 4. Complete with splitting headache and a good dollop of grumpiness! What a joy I must be to have around. Ho hum. Blaming the diet, the remnants of my cold and PMT. That should cover it!

Still going though, that's the main thing, and I know I really shouldn't look, but according to my scales this morning I have already lost 6lb. That's very motivational, and has really kept me going through a couple of wobbly moments today. I'm hoping for half a stone this first week, and it's looking hopeful now.

Off now to drink the rest of my 4 litres, and have an early night!

Day 5 - Feeling positive!

Feeling quite good today - head still slightly muzzy, but work soon took my mind off that.

Realised I feel so much better about myself already - just knowing I'm taking action and that the weight is coming off is the best pick-me-up! Don't want to be that unhappy, worthless-feeling person anymore.

With that in mind, went for a manicure after work - only my second one ever. Very relaxing - and for getting to Day 5 on SS, I think I deserve it!

Days 6 & 7

Day 7 now - couldn't get online to post last night due to a power cut. So I've almost made it through the first week, which is definitely a milestone for me as I usually cave in after a day or two!

Saw my CDC yesterday - didn't need to any earlier as I had a good stash of packs from before. But will go by my own 'official' weigh in on Thursday mornings at home anyway, as they are the scales I will have to maintain by in the future.

Feeling quite good, if a bit cold, and still very determined. It's amazing how the days melt away, and with them the fat! According to my scales, I'm half a stone down already. Hurrah!

Day 8 - First Week's Result!

Ha, I've lost 7.25 lbs in my first week!

AND 3 inches off my waist - God, I must have been a bloated mess! But not any more. I'm definitely going to do it this time.

This diet is sooo good!!!

WOOP WOOP!!!! COME ON YOU! KEEP IT UP! Well done. :D

Day 9

Can't believe Day 9 is now nearly over and I'm still here, still sticking with it. It's amazing how, at the beginning, it seems too hard to even do a couple of days, but if you keep going, time really starts to fly!

I still feel very determined. Am now exactly BMI 30, which means any day now I'll be just 'overweight' rather than 'obese'. And if that's not something to look forward to, I don't know what is!

BlackRose - thanks so much for your encouragement - it's great to know we're all in this together - I see from your ticker you are going great guns, so well done to you too!

Day 10 - struggling a little...

Well, I made it to double figures! Day 10 - that's amazing.

Hasn't all gone totally smoothly today though - been feeling a bit sorry for myself. It all started when I had to go supermarket shopping, as I still have a husband and a cat that need feeding. Have managed to avoid this awful task until today, but had to go along and watch hubby loading up the trolley with all kinds of nice things, while all I got out of it was 12 x 2 litre bottles of water and some tights! Hrrumph.

Never mind though... am still resolute! I can do it... it's only a few weeks out of my life, and all that food will still be there when I'm done with CD, if I want it. I shall carry on regardless in the meantime, despite the smell of hubby's chocolate digestives assaulting my nostrils as I type!

Well, I made it to double figures! Day 10 - that's amazing.

Hasn't all gone totally smoothly today though - been feeling a bit sorry for myself. It all started when I had to go supermarket shopping, as I still have a husband and a cat that need feeding. Have managed to avoid this awful task until today, but had to go along and watch hubby loading up the trolley with all kinds of nice things, while all I got out of it was 12 x 2 litre bottles of water and some tights! Hrrumph.

Never mind though... am still resolute! I can do it... it's only a few weeks out of my life, and all that food will still be there when I'm done with CD, if I want it. I shall carry on regardless in the meantime, despite the smell of hubby's chocolate digestives assaulting my nostrils as I type!

am still resolute ! I can do it...

good on ya !!! and yes - it IS only a few weeks out of your life....so well done for stickin with it....:D

choccy digestives are so yummy....BUT - they will still be there and just as yummy when you get to goal !!! ;)

stick with it.....doin great !!!

Debz xx

Day 11 - it's my birthday!

I'm a Birthday Girl today... 37. Eek, how did that happen?! Didn't do anything special, as didn't want to be eating out for obvious reasons. And Sunday is a pretty rubbish day to have a birthday anyway, so not too bothered.

One small confession though... went ice skating this afternoon, and 'treated' myself to a Flake on the way home. Now I know I shouldn't have, but it was a conscious decision, a kind of 'birthday treat' if you like, and I ate it very slowly, enjoyed it and then put it behind me. Tonight I've just had my CD choc mint and lots of water, and I'm feeling OK and still determined, so won't be picking at anything else, and no regrets.

By my next birthday I'll have spent a good few months in the land of slimdom and will be maintaining. That's definitely too good a goal to mess up!

Day 12 - enthusiasm waning...

It had to happen - it was all going too well. Today I've felt a little less than enthusiastic, to say the least, and am struggling like crazy to get even 2 litres of water down me. The weight is (slowly) coming off and I can now get into another pair of my work trousers (hurrah!), so I am seeing the fruits of my labours, but I think I'm just getting bored... also had a day off work today to go shopping, and so I'm out of my usual weekday routine. That won't have helped, and meant while I was out of the house (most of the day!) I didn't drink much. In fact nothing. That's terrible isn't it? And now I just can't be a*sed. Think I need a good kick. Anyone??

Two weeks in...

... and I'm 9.25lbs down - another 2lb loss this week! I'm really pleased with that, especially as (don't tell anyone!) I've been munching a little over the last 3 days. Just chicken and salad at lunchtimes, but with a little bit of chocolate creeping in there. It's been a stressful week - all sorts of 'issues' which I don't want to air publicly, and which sadly I've dealt with in my usual way - eating food I don't need. I know, I know - but saw my CDC today for a chat and a further weeks' worth of supplies, and I've faithfully promised her, and most importantly myself, that I'll be back SS'ing tomorrow. And I meant it too. I really want this.

Back