Dam that Wii

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
I thought that I would weigh myself on the wii board. I initially weighed myself 4 days after commencing SW. and since that day it was only showing a 4lb loss which means i have probably put on this week. i am so depressed. i have my actual wi tonight and i dont want to go. :(

The wii is notoriously inaccurate so forget what it said and get yourself along to class. And let this be a lesson not to sneaky peek in between official weigh ins.

You will get, I think, the same answer from everyone else. Stop weighing in-between weigh ins. It doesn't mean anything. It's different scales. It's a different time of day. There is a reason you're advised to weigh once a week at the same time of day. For consistency. Weight naturally fluctuates throughout the day/week according to meals/fluid drunk, fluid retained, how many times you've been to the loo etc. Only the class scales count. Also, it can sometimes take a couple of weeks for losses to show up.

Because of the inaccuracies of sneak peak weigh ins, unless you're capable of ignoring the scales and taking it with a pinch of salt, you should stop weighing at home. And I think you've proven that home weighing is having a negative effect on you. Already you feel down and don't want to go to class. The truth is, you've probably not gained. But even if you have, you would be one of those people who really needs to go to class, get motivated and get the problem sorted out, coming back with a bug loss the following week. But the home weigh in has made you feel you can't go, which is the slippery slope to not going at all, not sticking to plan properly because you're down, "why bother now because it's Xmas", gradually going back to old ways and ending up gaining more than before. I know that sounds like I'm being dramatic, but I'm sure most of us here recognise this cycle.

You would have to have consumed 3500 calories more than you need this week to put on even 1 pound of fat. So in all likelihood, your scales are misleading you. But supposing you have gained, so what? We're all in the sane boat. Every week, some of my class have gained. Ignoring it won't make it go away and denial is a river best left in Egypt. My advice: stop home weighing, stick to plan 100%, reread book for reassurance and give yourself a kick up the bum and get yourself to class. Deal with this hurdle as you mean to go on

Thank you for your advise. it is exactly the same as what i would tell other people. I have definitely not eaten 3500 calories excess.

thanks xx

Go to the group.
If in worse case scenario, and you have put on weight, then the group will be able to support & encourage you.
Chances are you've not gained weight (never trust any scales other than groups) and you'll be come away fm the group happy.

Also remember this is a long / life journey not a get thin quick scheme, so stay with it, cause your hard work might show next week!

I would agree not to weigh yourself in between WI's...you're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you get to your class and find there's a heap of difference between the weight you are and the weight you thought you were.

Wii's are good for Body Magic. I have recently bought the Zumba for Wii and going to give it a shot see how it works. :)

Back