Damo’s Diary

DamoLeeds

Hello you can see my first weight blog here -

I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m too obese to carry on like this so I’m going to shame my self into losing a bit of weight and hopefully become fitter! it’s the drastic action I have to take.

I’ll be posting my blog on this thread everyday once I’ve weighed myself.

Any Advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
:welcome2:

Welcome Damo!

I hope you will make yourself at home and if you need any help please ask.

Here is a link to a guide to help you make your way around.

http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-minis-guided-tour-minimins.html

:sign0144:When you are a newbie

You are in a group which has no avatar, limited signature space, no Private messaging other members, no sending email to other members and you cannot upload images to the gallery.

Members can post weight loss ticker link into your signature on joining.

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

When you reach 20 posts you get avatar privileges and a larger signature space and can upload images to the gallery.

When you reach 50 posts, you get even more signature space, and private messaging and emailing is enabled.

You need at least 50 posts for your profile page.

You also need 50 posts to post links. You may not post links to personal business sites or personal websites with advertising or websites that are in competition with MiniMins.

I hope you understand the privileges that you will receive for being a long term poster.

Best advice is to take before photos, write down some mini goals which are achievable in the very near future as they help to build self-esteem and confidence and reward yourself with non food treats as you achieve each one...same goes for long term goals.

Keep a mood board where you can see it every day and cut out photos from magazines etc...of cars, clothes, holidays and dreams whatever they are and pin them on here to motivate...door of a fridge works well as a mood board.

Take it one day at a time and believe you can do it.:)

Good luck on your diet journey.

Love Mini xxx

Thank You for that information mini its really appreciated.

Hopefully when I have posted on this forum more people will be able to see the progress that I’ve made on Youtube as well as here. I just wanted to offer something different for motivational!

But rules are rules and I do respect them. At the end of the day if I don’t like these rules - how am I going to like the rules of losing weight?

hey Damo and welcome to the WW boards :) everyone here is dead friendly and helpful so I'm sure you'll like it. Good luck with your weight loss anyway :) xxx

Thank You for that information mini its really appreciated.

Hopefully when I have posted on this forum more people will be able to see the progress that I’ve made on Youtube as well as here. I just wanted to offer something different for motivational!

But rules are rules and I do respect them. At the end of the day if I don’t like these rules - how am I going to like the rules of losing weight?

Routine is what makes losing weight doable.

Regardless of diet, if you let yourself get too hungry, tired or thirsty you have a higher chance of failing.

Build gentle exercise into your daily life and work up slowly if you have not been use to it over the years.

Exercise helps lift the mood and becomes enjoyable if you don't over do it.

Love Mini xxx

hey Damo and welcome to the WW boards :) everyone here is dead friendly and helpful so I'm sure you'll like it. Good luck with your weight loss anyway :) xxx

Oh that is great news!

Everywhere else I used to go on the net I was always knocked down for my size. I never really told my parents this but I used to go to bed every night crying because of that. But I’m going to fight on and hopefully this will be the making of me!

Just to let you all know that I’ve just had my self some cereal. I need to cut out on the sugar portions!

Cheerio’s isn’t the worse of choices is it?

Hey, Just thought I would say hi and welcome! Hope your weight loss journey is very successful!! :D Cheerios is alright as long as you didnt have 400grms! lol! I am so bad with portion sizes! Have to weigh everything!! lol!
If you like sweet things you should try Oats so simple Golden Syrup. I hate oats but this is lovely, sweet, filling and only 3 points with skimmed milk. :)

Welcome to minimins and the WW section of the forum. We all here to support each other so any questions just ask.

Oh that is great news!

Everywhere else I used to go on the net I was always knocked down for my size. I never really told my parents this but I used to go to bed every night crying because of that. But I’m going to fight on and hopefully this will be the making of me!

Welcome Damo.... firstly - sorry to hear about that, people are far too quick to judge nowadays. But the good thing is that you are doing something about your weight. We are all in the same boat here and nobody judges anybody. *hugs* and best of luck with your weightloss journey xx

Hi Damo, and welcome to WW on minimins.

Are you going to classes or just following the diet on your own? There is loads of support and advice on here anyway

As you get into it, you will see that our whole lives are posted on here - and everyone is just supportive and totally non-judgemental.

Its a great place to be....hence my total addiction!!!

Rosie x

good morning! hope you are doing well today :) x

hello
welcome to ww and good luck,nice to have you with us x

Good Morning everybody and thanks for the support!

This morning started with my sister very tiresome dog who needed to stretch his legs so I decided to take him for a walk. I only take him to the end of the street because I like to give him a little run rather than keep him on the lead all the way. I’m also going up to Pudsey where I will attempt not to get some Edinburgh rock. But if I do I’ll just burn the calories walking back home.

I also had a sip of coca cola today - is this guilty?

Keep posting and I’ll be back later on!

Are you going to classes or just following the diet on your own? There is loads of support and advice on here anyway

I’m weighing myself daily and posting the results on Youtube in a blog - however I can’t post that yet as I’ve got so little post! But I’m around 14 stone at the moment and its really getting me down. Advice from here will get and has got me up as well!

is a daily WI such a good idea? your weight fluctuates during the week hence why its recommended to only WI weekly xx

Hey and welcome to minimins! Well done on taking the first steps on deciding to loose weight believe it or not thats the hardest bit as long as u stick to the plan u will see some great results soon - how many points r u on a day its better to try and plan ur day at the start to make sure u get the swing of things and making small decisions like for example that sip of cola one sip wont hurt but a whole can will take points of ya where as if u switched to diet cola then it wont steal any of ur points at all... were all here to support u on ur journey start making urself little goals to work towards even be it to get through the first week if u need any advice help and support were all here :)

Damo, don't be doing that daily weigh in _"bridget jones" style thing - you will do your head in.

Pick a day and weigh yourself just once a week...then at least you see a significant difference - you can always have a sneaky mid-week peak if you really, really need to (but don't tell Sandy I suggested it or she'll give us both a good slap)

Back