Dangerous Debz Does Another Dull Diary

Tuesday 26th August - food

I had a stonking bank holiday weekend which involved much eating. There were two cooked breakfasts, one KFC, one chinese takeaway and some gypsy tart in addition to healthy things. Oddly though I only put on a further 3lbs from that. Strange, usually it would be 5lbs.

Anyway today I have cut right back again and I'm hoping to get a good weight loss this week and next week.

I bought a corset to wear while I'm losing the flab. Hmm, maybe I should have bought a large. The medium fits me but digs in a bit on my waist. Still, in a few days that'll go then it'll just make me look slimmer than I actually am, even if it does turn my face a weird shade of blue due to lack of oxygen.

Anyway, roll on 9st something. Then I'll just need a full body lift to get rid of the hanging skin - nice! :eek:

I shed 2lbs of water yesterday. Yay me. It seems its gone from my spare tyre, even bigger YAY ME.

Although I am still counting the days until the kids go back to school, this year at least I am less likely to be arrested for murder than I was last year. I would like to thank the makers of Prozac for making my summer more managable even if it has given me the munchies. I am trying very hard to control them.

The post came. My Insider was in it. I have porridge. It's the new best thing. I'm dancing. Everyone should try it as a rule. It's fantastic. I've eaten my porridge, I'm going to have to wait until Tuesday lunch time to get some more. Noooo I'll explode. Give me more porridge. NOW. :party0023:

Saturday Less flabby of August

OK, so I've lost 12lbs since Monday night.

It's not the fact that I've lost that amount of weight that is astonishing, it's the fact that it is humanly possible to store that amount of excess fluid retention from a two week holiday and a bank holiday weekend away. I find it staggering that this is what happens to me. But the fact that 12lbs has gone in less than half as many days just goes to show that none of it was fat and it was all just fluid and stored carbs. Nevertheless, it's still crazy.

Don't ask me what plan I'm on, cos I'm sort of not. Well I'm sort of on the '4CD a day, plus dairy milk, coffee and I've radishes in the fridge that need eating, Dangerous Debz has been doing this long enough to know better' plan. But for my IBS riddled body at least I know I'm nutrition assured and so far my IBS is under control. Oh for some fruit, but I tried that on holiday and frankly its not worth the gut rot! I'll stick to my brilliant shakes/porridge and bars thank you very much. Oh and the many home grown cucumbers that Dad keeps giving me.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a headache and I need to start picking up the bits of brain matter than are leaking out of my ears onto the floor around me. :banghead::crazy::doh:

Well done Debz on your 12lb off:happy096:

12lbs less to carry around:)

Love Mini xxx

Well done Debz on your 12lb off:happy096:

12lbs less to carry around:)

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini, its a bit embarrassing that I'm capable of putting that amount on for a holiday and a weekend away. But that's life. Actually that's not even the total of it. In actual fact I have another 8lbs to lose to get down to where I was before my holiday. That frankly is really staggering. But then it was a fantastic holiday food wise. The chicken was even cooked properly. I was really spoilt!

So really for my weekend away after my two week holiday I put on a grand total of 20lbs most of which of course will be water and stored carbs. (Yet at a BMI of 20 I maintain on holiday to within half a stone! Do I just have more incentive to not eat everything in sight at that weight?)

Now I still haven't collected all my brain matter off the floor so I'd better do that before the head ache makes the rest of my head explode.

Monday 1st September

Well for the first day in September and being the first day of autumn according to the weather people it's bright and sunny, unlike most of August.

I have taken the kids out for lunch today. That's the last time until the end of October as Gemma is back to school tomorrow. Matt starts on Thursday.

I've got some busy times ahead. I've got a man coming this afternoon to give me a quote for some French doors on the back of the house. I hate the patio doors we've got, they never have opened properly. You have a screw driver type thing that you have to turn until you get bored in order to unlock the bloody things. Fat lot of good that would be in a fire! So I want to get that sorted.

I've got a meeting tomorrow with Matt's new teacher. Then I'll be going shopping with Dad. I'll be back to the normal routine of getting the kids to and from school, although thankfully my days of having to go out at lunch time to pick one of them up are over.

We cleared the lounge out at the weekend. Most of Matt's toys are now in his bedroom. I don't see why I should have them downstairs all day when he's going to spend all day at school. So consequently my keyboard has now been put up in the lounge which means I can practise with headphones on if necessary and not worry about what the neighbours think because they won't be able to hear. I also sorted out a cupboard that I haven't been able to get to for years because our old TV was in front of it. So I've got some space for things to be put away now as I don't actually need to keep 4 year old clothing catalogues!

I've got an order to unbox and sort through. I've got washing to do. I've got recycling to sort, I've got some computer stuff to put away, I've got receipts to print. I've got to get Gemma's school bags out and ready for the morning. Then I've got dinner to cook all before 5pm. Better shift myself.

Hiya Debz!:wavey::wavey:

if you're anything like me you cant wait for the kids to go back to get back to the old routine!:rolleyes:

12lb down is fab, i am always amazed at your will power to just loose it again when necessary! Well done!

Thank you, but really if I had any kind of self control on holiday I wouldn't stuff myself silly in the first place. But that's how I justify my relentless behaving myself for the rest of the year. I'm just not going to live on rabbit food on holiday when I eat sensibly throughout most of the rest of the year, barring bank holidays and weekends away.

Yes I can't wait to regain some kind of routine. It'll be a different one because for the last 8 years I have always had one child or another around me for at least the afternoon, but for half of the years there's been someone with me all day long. I find this whole motherhood thing complete hard work. I'm not a natural at all. It'll be good to have some me time. Next Thursday I'm evening having my hair coloured. I could do it myself, but what the hell, I deserve a trip to the hairdressers on my own for a simple colour. Besides if I did do it myself, my ears and the back of my neck would get coloured again!

So you're finally gonna get some peace during the day while the little ones are at school, lucky you! Enjoy the hairdressers, sounds like you will enjoy the pampering!

You'll do it. You know this works, so you know you can do it.

If I ever get to goal (about a BMI 20-21, I find that easier to maintain for some odd reason) I'll fall over in shock. I came close and then I had a holiday. Now I'm about 8lbs away from where I was before my holiday, and a further 14ish lbs away from goal.

Still I do retain water like a camel on holidays so I know I'll get there in the end. Sometime between now and when I die ...:rolleyes:

Wednesday 3rd September

Just on my second bowl of porridge today. Ah bliss. Eating rather than drinking something that doesn't upset my IBS. :worthy:

Gemma ate about half a bowl this morning. Then I thought to myself that about 70 calories is probably not enough for an 8 year old to go to school on, so I've ordered her some Oats so Simple instead. I hope she likes it, I really don't need to have boxes of that lying around because I love the stuff.

Bought her a new coat at the weekend. The zip has broken. Of course no-one has any stock of anything that is completely waterproof. It took me ages to find a place online who could do a jacket for me. And then I ended up with a 3 in 1 with a removable fleece. You have to be so careful with coats for walking to school. Some of them say waterproof and they just aren't. Plus I'm limited on colour, not for school, for her highnesses requirements.

Matt the cheeky monkey has just finished off my porridge. Excuse me that's my lunch!:rolleyes:

Do you councellrs get your stuff for free??? sorry im a right nosy bint!

Debs thats 12lb off though anyways and hope you enjoyed your holiday. If you like you couldnt wit to get kids off to school today - i literally skipped out the school gates.........was hard going back mid morning to go and collect him!!!

No we pay for it before hand at a price lower than the RRP, sell it and the bit on the top is our profit. Our own supplies can come out of our own stock.

Yes it's great to get the kids back to school. Matt goes tomorrow and then I'm FREEEEEEEEEEE!!! Gotta go now and get Gemma.

Back