Dangerous Debz Does Another Dull Diary

Sorry Debz, only just seen this. Concerning the boots, you need to take out the existing insole so that when you put the new one in there is still enough room for your foot. As for the sandals, it's a choice between wearing existing sandals and no orthotic or buying a new sandal that is more enclosed, that can fit the orthotic. Sorry i cant be of more help! Glad the orthotics are helping your feet though!

Thanks Bex. Got a problem with sandals and shoes rubbing blisters, so I'll try the boot orthotic in the sandals and see if that helps. The boots don't have an insole I can remove without wrecking the boots and besides I don't wear them that often. But I think a full length orthotic in the sandals may be the way to go.

ha ha I think it will run for ever, im the same want to lose the weight quickly but the need for energy. Im arguing with myself this morning at my age i let what my mother said yesterday get to me . (shame you put weight back on your looking very chubby) hadnt put anything on and it was darn spiteful. I said to her you shouldnt say things like that as it makes me not want to eat at all and then i feel ill. She apologised as she hadnt realised.
Today so far im thinking god im fat i should get back on ss and I know its not right for me. God its totally mad Then you feel guilty for eating a 790 plan and probably for my cycling i should be on a much higher plan. There we are ive done my head in yet again. So really do know where you are coming from.:blahblah: :badmood: :devilangel:

Yeah but hey let me know when you've discovered the answer ....

And what is it with mothers? Mine was full of ooh you're not eating enough followed by oh don't eat that you'll put on all the weight you've lost, whilst she was 5'1 and weighed 16st. :rolleyes:

Monday 30th April

OK so I think that today is the first Monday where I've actually weighed in under 11st. I was 10st 12lbs this morning which is a pound higher than my ticker, but we had a BBQ last night and I had some Quorn, and other protein. Other than that I was as good as gold (if you ignore the chocolate element, but I think I've got over that now.)

It usually takes me until Wednesday to get back down to 10st 12lbs. So I'm ahead of the game. I shall try very hard not to eat a meal tonight because I'm working late with a new client, so it'd be 10pm by the time I hit the chicken. So I'm hoping not to bother. Hoping note, not determined, just hoping.

Ah well, I'll get there eventually. I'll also weigh myself again when I get in from the last mile of walking today so I might have lost the extra pound. (Generally not this obsessive, but this has been going on for 3 years now because of various deaths and destruction in my family)

Someone should open a book on whether or not I actually reach target this year. Target being a quite low BMI. If I was happy with being bang on BMI 25, I'd be fine.

I have trousers I need to fit into this summer. They fit on the legs where I had the liposuction, but I need some inches off my waist.

I even did my exercises yesterday too. Got them to fit in today sometime. Maybe I'll do that after work tonight instead of eating chocolate. Now there's a radical idea.:whoopass:

Debz, just wondering how do you know when you have reached a 25 bmi when you do intense exercise as they recon the bmi reading is not accurate. I know i still have enough to lose because i have flab, but some people are saying as you get older the flab dosnt go so easily do you recon thats a good excuse. Just wondering what your thoughts are as a cc. thanks.

Debz, just wondering how do you know when you have reached a 25 bmi when you do intense exercise as they recon the bmi reading is not accurate. I know i still have enough to lose because i have flab, but some people are saying as you get older the flab dosnt go so easily do you recon thats a good excuse. Just wondering what your thoughts are as a cc. thanks.

I honestly don't think you can know accurately unless you get yourself dunked into one of those water tanks where you have to hold your breath for eternity and they measure how much of your body is fat.

The BMI thing is only a guideline. If for instance a body builder weighed in at what was supposedly a BMI of 30 yet he was covered in muscle, is he obese or muscular?

I think the BMI thing has been designed as a guideline for the average person. If someone does an above average amount of exercise I have no idea when the BMI thing doesn't apply.

Like you say, I know I've still got it to lose because I'm still flabby. I'm also getting saggier as I get older. I'm not sure that it's necessary for a person to be happy with being flabbier as they get older, but I can understand that without getting a major skin lift you could get saggier as you get older. But that's just my opinion. I shall fight it until the last. Who knows if I'll ever win.

Hi Debz,

sorry to change the subject, but i know i have spoken to you over on the pink site, any idea when it will be sorted really missing my diary at mo!!:cry:

Thanks Debz its onwards and downwards slow as it may be :)

I think slow is what it's going to be. I'm trying a different tactic. I had my meal. But I had it sometime after 4pm. 6 hours earlier than normal. Then this evening I've also done my toning exercises. The trick now will be to try not to eat anything late at night thats no more than a peanut bar.

Today is shaping up to be a busy night. I've seen 2 clients and one of my counsellors. But I have had someone say that they were definitely coming shortly before 8pm. And I've got a restart at 8pm. It's just 6 other people unaccounted for. Which is why I stopped working with individual appointments.

It's so slow, I've just about mastered the part of the Sonatina I'm playing on the piano at the moment. So much so that if my piano teacher complains that I haven't practised when I get there on Wednesday I may throw a fit.:rolleyes:

Hey Dez, hope your ok, just wanted to say, even if piano teacher does say that, you can tell her one of the things you are good at and dont need to practice is, LOOKING FANTASTIC!!!!!!
Take care

Debz, I may have to join you in piano practice on an evening as painfull as that may be to all around. Im finding it soooo hard at the moment im on about 1000 cals building up to 1500 for my next race on the 12th May, if I dont get the food right then my legs will die on me half way through. Then I suppose this is what diet is all about making decissions and maintaining etc etc. God dam its so easy to put on and so hard to take off. I cant understand why they recommend 2000 cals for a women a day, im lucky it appears to have 1500 when im racing and that maintains.
Im now wondering if I should be looking even harder at the quality of food. It does seem to be the carbs that stop the weight loss but carbs that you need for energy. Im baffled really why I cant be lean like my counterparts!!
What do you recon Debz when you try and eat normal, i just recon im not normal or is it the leanies are not normal :cry: :banghead: :doh:

Debz, I may have to join you in piano practice on an evening as painfull as that may be to all around. Im finding it soooo hard at the moment im on about 1000 cals building up to 1500 for my next race on the 12th May, if I dont get the food right then my legs will die on me half way through. Then I suppose this is what diet is all about making decissions and maintaining etc etc. God dam its so easy to put on and so hard to take off. I cant understand why they recommend 2000 cals for a women a day, im lucky it appears to have 1500 when im racing and that maintains.
Im now wondering if I should be looking even harder at the quality of food. It does seem to be the carbs that stop the weight loss but carbs that you need for energy. Im baffled really why I cant be lean like my counterparts!!
What do you recon Debz when you try and eat normal, i just recon im not normal or is it the leanies are not normal :cry: :banghead: :doh:

Officially I can't comment on the 2000kcal thing, I know its the official figure, it's meaningless to me personally. I have never eaten that much and been able to do anything other than put on weight.

When I did RC a few years back I was on 1000kcal a day, I did one and a half hours aerobics every day five days a week and I lost 1lb a week. If I ate any more than that or increased my fat intake to more than 10g a day, I wouldn't lose weight. I just don't know how much exercise they expect us to do in order to maintain weight at an intake of 2000kcal a day.

For me I can only lose weight quick enough on low carb and low fat. Even yesterday I was perfect 790kcal wise and I'm still stuck at the same weight I was yesterday. I walked 5 miles yesterday and did half an hours toning on top of that.

Ha ha Debz you do make me laugh.
Ive just decided after trying a cranberry bar after 10 days without i wont be doing that again. Its given me sooo bad stomach cramps in the future no bars!!
Ive decided to try porridge for brekfast this morning. I was sooo hungry. The hill climbing makes me more hungry than anything ive ever done. My heart rate is tottering near max on a long continued climb so it must be taking something out. I felt as weak as a kitten this morning. Im hoping after my wholesome oats a shake and a little pasta or cous cous for lunch i should be somewhere back to replenishing my carb stock. Trial and error ah for a magic wand.:cry:

OMG you poor thing. I sympathise. I know for a fact I need to eat more or do SS. Because I need the ketosis you definitely get with SS to give me the energy. I get into ketosis with 790kcal, but I'm not as consistantly there with that plan than I would be with SS. So if I can't have the energy from ketosis I need more food intake to try and boost my energy.

I know I can't eat carbs and lose weight effectively - I just maintain. It's annoying, and in some people's view unbelievable. But it's true. For instance, I have just blown this weeks chances of losing weight because not only did I eat the chicken breast inside the chicken goujon (which would be fine), I ate the breadcrumbs. So I'm buggered for this week, I'll just stay the same, unless I SS until the weekend. There's no point in doing that because we're away and I wanted to have some BBQd protein at the caravan.

I'm beginning to wonder if my choices are SS to get the energy back to definitely lose the weight I want to, or wait until Matt is at school in September 2008 so that I'm not walking so far so close together.

ARRRRGGHHH:mad:

Back