Dangerous Debz Does Another Dull Diary

Hello Debz...I cant say that we have had the pleasure of chatting before......well "Hello ".....I am on lipotrim and always taking a peek around to see how everyone is getting on.....!
The Pink site is this a cambridge site ?????

Hi Sonkie, nice to meet you. Yes pink is the cambridgedieters.com site that self destructed at the end of last week. It'll be back. Eventually. Or maybe even now - haven't checked.

You definately should be wearing the insoles in trainers too, in fact, as often as you can. Would the person who made them for you make you another set for a discount? It's much better to have several sets.

They were off the shelf. They aren't expensive something like £15 or £20 per pair. I just need to put them in whichever shoes I'm wearing - or buy another set, you can get them from various places online.

Can't wear them in my sandals though. They give me an unstable base. So I'm not sure what to do about that. I've got some full length ones for boots, but they rubbed my heel.

Any ideas?

Hiya, Debs - it's good to see you here! I'm missing my pink site fix, which always included catching up on your diary! (Your's is the only one I ever read, so you should be flattered. ;) )

It sounds as though you and I are exactly the same weight at the moment! I can stick to ss rigidly during the week, but can rarely do it at the weekends. I'm obsessed with ketosis though, as once i'm out of it I struggle to eat sensibly. Therefore, I make sure I only ever eat low-carb at the weekends, so that i'm straight back to it on a Monday morning. I never lose any weight during the weekend (I drink low-carb alcohol Friday & Saturday night too, which i'm sure doesn't help), but usually maintain, so I can still lose at least a couple of pounds a week this way. Naturally, something always gets in the way every few weeks (such as my recent Pisa trip!), so I sometimes feel as though i'm constantly dieting! I should have a fairly straight run over the next couple of months though, so am pretty determined to get under the 10 stone mark before the summer!

I think that's probably why I like your diary so much, because your weight/dieting situation seems to be very much like mine!

Anyway, the only way I can turn off my chocolate switch is by never eating it. If I force myself to go without for a couple of weeks, then it doesn't bother me anymore.

Good luck with the brekkie willpower. :)

Jo x

Hi Jo,

I am very flattered. And surely you've got more interesting things to do with your time than read my diary is there a yawn thingy? :coffee: Ah but there is a coffee one and I am a caffeine freak.

Yes the lowest weight I've been this week was 10st 11lbs. It's a battle. I was doing 790kcal during the week, but then find that my peanut bar in the evening isn't filling enough and I was eating too late at night. So I'm having a rethink. I'm not sure what I'm thinking at the moment, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

How was Pisa BTW?

I didn't eat anything at breakfast. I just had two cappuccinos which apparently came with the breakfasts. I didn't even eat the left over toast.

I can be really good during the day. It's just the evenings that I end up blowing it.

This weekend I'm going to spend some time getting rubbish together. Our gardener wo cuts the grass has very kindly offered to get rid of some stuff for us. So I've got to break down the old swing seat, get the old swing and slide together that were falling apart, and see how many broken pushchairs there are in the garage which can be chucked, plus any other bits like rusty BBQs.

Hmmm I feel a list coming on. As well as a headache. :rolleyes:

Just having a break from destroying garden furniture. Nothing in life should be that rusty. And the damn tools of course are too big for my hands, so the swing seat fought me every step of the way til I finally thwacked it into oblivion.

And now I'm knackered. I've got no staying power these days.

My next job is to I suppose hack saw an old BBQ apart. Terrific.

I think pianos with history are the best type. Mine is an old pub piano. Dad took the black paint off it when I first got it and French polished it for me, so now it's a nice brown colour. And I really like the tone of my piano, I find it easy to play. You don't have to lean so hard on the keys.

My teachers piano however is newish and it takes me the whole lesson time to get used to the different keyboard. Hence she made a comment that she doesn't think I've got enough time in my life for playing the piano at the moment. :cry:
That wasnt a very nice thing for her to say. Have you been learning long? I will go back to it one day just when i havnt got much else going on.

I did, I got a bath I watched a DVD, and then I ate my way through the sodding evening again. Mind you it was only chicken salad - until it became half a bar of chocolate.

Is there a pill I can take to switch the chocolate gene off?

I am ok with no choclate thing due to the bars being tasty, but at TOTM could do with cadburys or thorntons choclates.

If there is a pill out there let me know for choc or for crisps, that was my weakness before CD. Too many damn crisps.

That wasnt a very nice thing for her to say. Have you been learning long? I will go back to it one day just when i havnt got much else going on.

I passed my grade 8 exam when I was 19, so I only have lessons now for something to do for me. Although I have the idea that my teacher is just learning that when she taught me as a kid I had to put in three hours of practise every day to make progress. My progress is now incredibly slow and I'm not as good as I was because I don't have the time to throw at it.

The theory behind me starting up lessons again was that if I knew I was having a lesson it would make me play the piano. But I will always be a slow learner.

I am ok with no choclate thing due to the bars being tasty, but at TOTM could do with cadburys or thorntons choclates.

If there is a pill out there let me know for choc or for crisps, that was my weakness before CD. Too many damn crisps.

To my credit I've only really done too many crisps whilst pregnant. It's the same with chocolate and biscuits. Unless I'm on a VLCD the only time I'm likely to have them is when I'm pregnant.

And I'm peeved that being on a VLCD makes me eat chocolate and want all the things that I wouldn't have if I wasn't trying to lose weight.

The true reason why I'm still not at target weight is due to my experiementation of trying to find things that fall into the snack category that I can eat and lose weight.

So far I've found that there are plenty of things out there that I can happily munch on for maintenance (when I won't particularly want them) but absolutely nothing I can have and lose weight.

Bugger.

Sunday 29th April

So today is shopping day. It would be church day - but the last time I went to church I got bitten by a dog, so that just reminded me that I'm not at all religious.

Oooh, my cousin was a non practising Catholic, and it's his funeral on Thursday, so I wonder what'll happen to me at that church. If my hair was shorter you could probably see the 666 on my scalp. But I hide it well.

I took my funeral trousers up by 3 inches yesterday. They'll do. That was a reminder that Bhs only do trousers for women who are at least 5'8" and sadly I'm not. If I was incidently I'd have a BMI of 23. Oh to be 3" taller. Anyone got a rack?

So yesterday I learnt that the only time I can eat nuts and eggs (yeah yeah I know I shouldn't have them anyway) is late at night when I can sleep through the effects. I lost hours yesterday to lolling around because (and I'm not kidding) my stomach blew up to the point where I thought I was on the set of Alien about to sprout an ugly bugger.

So today, having to yet put on weight this weekend, I'm determined to stay off the protein and stick with the CD. The jury is still out as to whether or not I succumb to a salad.

Sometimes I think I'll never learn.

But I am still the same weight my ticker says. Which is a minor miracle for the weekend.

Target weight any year now, I can feel it in my bones.:eek:

Oh Debz do I know that feeling will I never learn. Im soooo struggling to find what i can and cant eat to enable me to race my bike and lose weight. I think you and i are just there doing something but not quite everything ha ha.:banghead:

So today is shopping day. It would be church day - but the last time I went to church I got bitten by a dog, so that just reminded me that I'm not at all religious.

Oooh, my cousin was a non practising Catholic, and it's his funeral on Thursday, so I wonder what'll happen to me at that church. If my hair was shorter you could probably see the 666 on my scalp. But I hide it well.

I took my funeral trousers up by 3 inches yesterday. They'll do. That was a reminder that Bhs only do trousers for women who are at least 5'8" and sadly I'm not. If I was incidently I'd have a BMI of 23. Oh to be 3" taller. Anyone got a rack?

So yesterday I learnt that the only time I can eat nuts and eggs (yeah yeah I know I shouldn't have them anyway) is late at night when I can sleep through the effects. I lost hours yesterday to lolling around because (and I'm not kidding) my stomach blew up to the point where I thought I was on the set of Alien about to sprout an ugly bugger.

So today, having to yet put on weight this weekend, I'm determined to stay off the protein and stick with the CD. The jury is still out as to whether or not I succumb to a salad.

Sometimes I think I'll never learn.

But I am still the same weight my ticker says. Which is a minor miracle for the weekend.

Target weight any year now, I can feel it in my bones.:eek:[/quote

Hi Debz, :rotflmao: I know what you mean about the church thingie, but i am sure even the Catholic ghurch let nutters in, well i know they do cause i get in when ever i go with my god daughter, and i have not been blown to bits yet, hope the funeral is not to stressfull, and goes as well as it can. I so hope you reach your target weight about the same time as me. I would like to see some photos of you at goal, soon i hope.:p :wavey:

[/quote

Hi Debz, :rotflmao: I know what you mean about the church thingie, but i am sure even the Catholic ghurch let nutters in, well i know they do cause i get in when ever i go with my god daughter, and i have not been blown to bits yet, hope the funeral is not to stressfull, and goes as well as it can. I so hope you reach your target weight about the same time as me. I would like to see some photos of you at goal, soon i hope.:p :wavey:

Don't hold your breath. I'm having a BBQ tonight, so I'm having Quorn burgers.

Oh and when I went to my dead cousin's wedding (he was alive at that point - you know what I mean) it being a Catholic thing they locked us in :eek:. Wasn't expecting that I can tell you.

Oh Debz do I know that feeling will I never learn. Im soooo struggling to find what i can and cant eat to enable me to race my bike and lose weight. I think you and i are just there doing something but not quite everything ha ha.:banghead:

I know, I'm finding it really hard with all the walking I do. I feel like I should be eating. But on the other hand I want to lose the weight quickly. This could run forever.

They were off the shelf. They aren't expensive something like £15 or £20 per pair. I just need to put them in whichever shoes I'm wearing - or buy another set, you can get them from various places online.

Can't wear them in my sandals though. They give me an unstable base. So I'm not sure what to do about that. I've got some full length ones for boots, but they rubbed my heel.

Any ideas?

Sorry Debz, only just seen this. Concerning the boots, you need to take out the existing insole so that when you put the new one in there is still enough room for your foot. As for the sandals, it's a choice between wearing existing sandals and no orthotic or buying a new sandal that is more enclosed, that can fit the orthotic. Sorry i cant be of more help! Glad the orthotics are helping your feet though!

I know, I'm finding it really hard with all the walking I do. I feel like I should be eating. But on the other hand I want to lose the weight quickly. This could run forever.
ha ha I think it will run for ever, im the same want to lose the weight quickly but the need for energy. Im arguing with myself this morning at my age i let what my mother said yesterday get to me . (shame you put weight back on your looking very chubby) hadnt put anything on and it was darn spiteful. I said to her you shouldnt say things like that as it makes me not want to eat at all and then i feel ill. She apologised as she hadnt realised.
Today so far im thinking god im fat i should get back on ss and I know its not right for me. God its totally mad Then you feel guilty for eating a 790 plan and probably for my cycling i should be on a much higher plan. There we are ive done my head in yet again. So really do know where you are coming from.:blahblah: :badmood: :devilangel:

Back