dangers of LL

hi everyone,

Im just into week 3 on LL (13lbs loss :)) and have been reading a few things in the paper & on the net about LL & its side effects & its seems many people are against this kind of diet, this has worried me, has anyone suffered any serious side effects???

nicky xxx

Yes. I was fat and had high blood pressure, a done in for knee, constant back problems, trouble breathing and no life.

I'm slimmer now and I don't have any of those things and, what is more, I'm not a burden on the NHS. I also have confidence and a very healthy outlook on life. Pretty good side effects.

Give me LL and the real truth anyday.

side effects, let me think......

no backache, sleeping through the night, wolf whistles hmmm pretty awful really;)

some people do suffer with mild hair loss which does grow back.
dizzyness when in a hot bath/shower - easy to avoid

when weighed up against the side effects of being obese/morbidly obese they don't even compare!

as someone pointed out on another thread - put the amount of people doing/done LL in a room and someone statistically will die - nothing to do with the diet, and you have a much less chance of having a heart attack/stroke/diabetes etc etc if you at a healthy weight

the papers love scare-mongering

ive never felt better!

daisy x

I am not remotely worried about anything I read in the paper or on the net and I have not found that alot of people are against the diet. What I would say is alot of people don't understand the diet, how it works, what ketosis is and the benefits of LL far outweigh the risks you put your body under by being obese.

You need to monitor your own health, see your DR if you have any concerns, listen to the advice of your LLC.

I agree with what people have said above.

Kat xx

Hello Nicky

Side effects before LL:
Lack of energy, pneumonia, bronchitis, colds and sore throats, back ache, sore foot,dull, boring tight clothes, sensible flat shoes, Bridget Jones knickers.

After LL:
Size 10 clothes,mini skirts, high heels, high boots, bright colours, better relationship, more energy, lots of compliments, excellent health, no colds,flu, etc or days off work sick for nearly 2 years, changed my job, happier disposition..............I could go on and on and on and on! (usually do).
Some side effects?

Of the 16,000 people currently doing LL (I asked my LLC last night!), a few will inevitably get ill (from non LL related things...just general human nature)

Never had any side effects from LL....other than having to buy an entirely new size 10 wardrobe (as opposed to size 28)

Hey Hun

Everyone has pretty much said it all. I am a new person, and I really mean that. Not only have I lost the weight, but I am healthier, fitter and happier than I have ever been in my life. Don't listen to the scaremongering - it is called that for a reason.

Good Luck

Jez
xx

hi everyone,

Im just into week 3 on LL (13lbs loss :)) and have been reading a few things in the paper & on the net about LL & its side effects & its seems many people are against this kind of diet, this has worried me, has anyone suffered any serious side effects???

nicky xxx

Yep. I am seriously healthy. Seriously happy. Seriously slim. And seriously not falling prey to biased journalists. ;)

Back