Daretodream's journey to 126lbs..

So I'm new here *HI ALL*

I've been trying to lose weight for as long as I can remember now, and I just end up putting on more than I lost. Bad times. I am giving it another shot though and trying to do it properly. I'm not going to SW meetings 'cause with no job and studying hard through my final year, time and money are just not on my side right now but I am following online! :)

Anywho, I wasn't even trying to lose weight and I managed to lose 14-16 lbs (I'd say about 6 lbs were lost through illness and not being able to eat) and I gained 5/6lbs afterwards. (Fair play - A girls gotta eat! :)) I have stayed the same for the past two weeks which isn't bad considering it's been over the Christmas and New Year period!

I started following SW properly yesterday and to be honest it hasn't been that bad! I thought I'd have crazy hunger pangs and feel deprived of food etc.

I don't know how i'm doing so far as i'm trying NOT to get on the scales at every opportunity, but i'll keep you updated every week! :)

Hope you are all well and good luck to you all!
:)

p.s. I'd really appreciate any tips on what kind of exercise to start with, and tips for times when I may be struggling and demotivated.

If anyone is interested in becoming my buddy, feel free to give me a shout :)

Last edited:
Hello Daretodream :)

It is great to lose weight and not feel hungry isn't it!

Exercise will depend on what you enjoy. Anything you particularly like? Walking, swimming, dancing, games? No point in doing anything that isn't fun for you.

Hi Silly Sausage! It's freakin' amazing. My eating habits have never been on point, I either eat way too much or way too little and then go crazy afterwards. :/

Anyhow, I enjoy dancing. I took up Zumba for a couple of months when I was in the States for a while and LOVED it. I just haven't managed to find a class near enough, though a new gym has opened up near me and I've decided to go there.

I'm not really into running as I suffer from shin splints and my knees kinda feel it too. I'm looking to find out whether there are any group sports for absolute beginners or take up martial arts :)

What did you do to help you lose weight?

I have a variety of exercise gizmos and try to vary what I do cos I get easily bored - different Wii games, Rosemary Conley's salsacise DVD, Davina's DVD (an old one), cross trainer and I recently got a gym ball and mat for toning. I have dodgy knees so find the cross trainer ideal.

Ahh I just invested in the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD and the Ministry of Sound - Pump It Up DVD :) Really looking forward to starting them tomorrow. Well done with your weight loss so far! :) Do you want to be my buddy seeing as we're at similar weights right now? :)

I also recently invested in the Just Dance 2 for the Wii which is fun! You should try it! :)

I have added you to friends and will be popping in to keep up with your progress :) What day do you weigh in?

Let me know how you get on with the new DVDs. I am always on the lookout for new things to try to add a bit of spice.

I weigh in on Sundays! :) Though I have to confess that I have been lazy and done no working out so far. I've just spent most of my time trying to get my assignments done but I'm fitting in a quick 10 minute cardio session in my next break :)

I struggled at 2am this morning and had a sandwich :/ (Horrible timing I know)
How is everything going with you?

hello and welcome! hope you'll get to your dream weight of 126 pounds! good luck!

Hi Daretodream

I weigh on a Sunday too. If you would like to share your successes with other home weighers, why not join us on the weigh in thread on Sunday morning? The more the merrier! :D

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weekly-weigh/133037-sunday-weighers-only-me.html

Going well this week, thanks. I am doing our thread mini challenge to stay 100% for the whole of January. It will mean chucking the booze, but I want a good start to the year so it will be worth it :)

Back