Darn the rain!!

Mummy_Helen

Silver Member
Yesterday was my kids end of year nursery trip. I had it all planned, packed myself a SW packed lunch and free drinks, with a couple HEX's to snack on if I needed it.

So we got there and it was P'ing it down with rain, which meant sitting on the grass to eat was totally out, and the only place undercover was the cafe, which won't let you eat your own food/drink:(

I tried to be good... but... although I got plain boiled noodles... I just know that having a satay sauce on it wasn't a good plan. or the cheesecake that just FELL onto our table:eek:

Now I feel dreadful, not as in guilty, but bloated and fatigued. It so wasn't worth it, my energy seems to have disappeared, and along with it my motivation. I had to force myself to have a pink grapefruit for breakfast, because I just wasn't hungry, but knew I had to eat something to get back on track.

I know I could have had a salad, but with it being cold and rainy, I wanted something warm, and yes, I could have made a better choice than satay, but you know what they say about hindsight.

So how do I get motivated again? all I want to do is go back to bed, and feed my face with bad stuff and watch trash tv! I'm not going to because I have 3 young kids... but thats how I feel. BLAH!

It's one day. Forget it and move on.
You can get motivated again!!

We needed the rain, I know it spoilt your day hun but we really did need it! And the sun will shine again and you can have a lovely salad or whatever else you want in the sunshine.

You don't want to feed yourself with bad stuff, look how bad you feel today!

Have a lovely day, eat some great food and forget about yesterday.

Jaylou is right Hun, it was one meal. I had the same recently with an outing for my Daughter's Nursery. I took sandwiches with me, but the cafe wouldnt let me eat them inside. All the other parents chose meals from the menu, but I had my sandwiches as we were walking around. The weather was a lot kinder though.
Anyway, move on, eat more superspeed foods and it will be fine.

xxx

Oh I wish we could have some rain in the southeast - our lawns are now brown and crispy!!

But I am sorry it spoiled your day.

Back