Date for my op

debbie12slim

Silver Member
Came home from work today and the letter from the hospital was waiting for me :eek: My op is next wednesday :eek: The hospital told me it would be in the new year and the nurse said as I was leaving hospital last week it would probably be 3 months. I am pooping bricks :sick0019: but it needs to be done. I have decided to leave LT till the new year and just be very careful what I eat until then.

hey hun, good luck with that,let us know how you get on, i am off to see the consultant tomorrow about my gallstones, i have loads of little ones apparently and get around one attack a week, i have never ever felt pain like it so can totally sympathise with you.

mine started after i started refeed with my first serious attack happening on day three of refeed,that was the last week in august and i get an attack every week no matter what i eat, them saying that greasy,fatty food is what starts it off is utter rubbish...all i had the other day was a slim fast bar and i still got one lol it is literally taking over my life no as i am so scared of getting them

anyway enough of me lol just wanted to tell you that i can relate to what ur going through and i myself cannot wait for the op either,good luck xxxxxx

Nicki, when I was admitted to hospital last week a woman went to theatre at lunch time monday, she was back about 2pm and went home tuesday afternoon, which makes me feel so much better. Only some-one who suffers from gallstones can understand the agony they cause. Hope all goes well with your consultant.

Gosh that was quick wasn't it? Better to get it over and done with tho eh and then you can get on with your life...painfree! :)

Good luck with the op. x

So glad you've finally been given (even if it's vague) a date.
You'll be a new woman when that pesky gallbladder's gone. I had mine done after developing stones during LL 10 yrs ago.
I hope you don't have any attacks over Christmas and you have a fab time with the children. Take care Hun, xxxx

Hi Nicki, goods news, the time will fly past hopefully with it being xmas, I had a really bad attack last night. started at 10pm and finally managed to get to sleep at 5 this morning. Just wishing the days away till wednesday. Fingers crossed your stones stay relaxed.

Hi Nicki, goods news, the time will fly past hopefully with it being xmas, I had a really bad attack last night. started at 10pm and finally managed to get to sleep at 5 this morning. Just wishing the days away till wednesday. Fingers crossed your stones stay relaxed.

:cry:awww hun its awful isnt it, wouldnt be so bad if it only lasted half hour but it hangs around for ages !! i will be having it done in a private hospital as an nhs patient he said,didnt know they actually did that, to be honest i wouldnt care if he wanted to do it in his garden shed lol i just want them out.... let me know how it goes hun. i will be thinking of you

Hi nicki, I am so glad they are definitely going to do it in Jan, you have waited ages for it to be sorted when you consider how very painful attacks are, just a shame they couldn't do it this side of Xmas.

Hope it keeps calm over Xmas (the gallbladder that is, not the kids!) and that you all have a good time x

Good luck with the op hun...your soon be feeling fab again!!! Caz xx

Good luck to both of you with your ops. Nicki, my son had an op in a private hospital as an NHS patient about 10 years ago and it was so nice. The next op he had was in our local NHS hospital and they had him in and out the same day - really noticed the difference!

Someone I know was on LT for a couple of weeks and felt the need to warn me everytime she saw me about how it gave her gallstones - nothing to do with the years of being obese of course!!!!! Typical!

Thinking of you both.

xx

i cant say that my stones were caused by the diet or that they werent, the consultant seems to think that they are lipotrim related because of the fact that i had no problems whatsoever until day three of refeed but i dont know and to be honest i dont particularly care how they were caused i just want to get rid of them because they are making my life a misery right now...i am glad i lost the 8 and a half stone and i will never regret doing lipotrim even if they did cause this problem, it will soon be sorted out. then i can start to enjoy my new figure.

i cant wait lol thanks for the message hun,good to see you about on here still xxx

I'm still here hun, glad to see you too. Sorry you are going to have to wait a bit longer for your op, not an easy Christmas for you whichever date you go for! I hope you have no attacks over the festive period.

I hope I won't get gallstones when I start refeed next week. I know I shall have to be careful. I'm nervous enough about it without other worries, especially as the week is going to be stressful enough with work and other things as it is.

You take care hun, and well done for maintaining, gives me hope.

xxxx

Back