Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

Well, I've been rushed off my feet all evening! At one stage I even had to REACH for the remote ;)

Dinner was great, we had chicken chow mein again - same as last time but this time the curry sauce was joojed (!) beforehand to get rid of the big pieces of tomato. And OMG I cannot believe that meal is syn free haha.

So filling too!!

Tomorrow I have a meeting to go to about dinner time which is MILES away so I am having my dinner at lunchtime (spag bol) and will take something for my actual dinner on the train to nibble on.

My wife weighs in tomorrow morning, and my friend Marie weighs in tomorrow evening, so I am hoping for some well deserved results for them both :)

For now though, it is night night from me!

Last edited:
Tiredness has obviously set in with having to reach for that remote...:D

You missed out the word 'wife' from the sentence about weigh ins :)

Good luck Al - I know you read this so hope you get an excellent result x

Hi all :)

I've decided to go to this meeting later, which means leaving my house about 16.00 - which of course messes things up for my dinner. But it shows willing, which I have learned is priceless :)

So, I have decided to have my dinner at lunchtime, which means I will very shortly be dining on Quorn spaghetti bolognese, YUM!! The things I do to get my spag bol quicker lol.

I will be taking some savoury rice, boiled eggs, and a couple of Alpen light bars and a HiFi bar with me for dinner and some snacks.

Not sure how late I get back, no idea how long the meeting will last, but is likely to be quite late. I shall be doing Wii fit when I get back, and having a banana once done.

Other than a Mullerlight and an apple which I am considering squeezing in after lunch, that is me done for the day.

Great news from the wife, she weighed in today and lost 3lbs, which takes her sailing past the 1 stone mark so well done wifey :)

And best of luck to Marie who is weighing later on today!

Mondays are so exciting aren't they? ;)

Well done to you , you are doing great. Good luck for weigh in tomorow and well done to your wife for losing 3lbs, that is a great loss. x

Well done Mrs Dave !!

good to see you still focused and organised too mate

Hiya

Well done to wifey...She's going great guns too....
I losy 1/2lb this week..I am very happy with that...I would be happy with that every week..At least it in the right direction...Sticking with Extra Easy...
Hope Marie did well this evening too....

I am not feeling very well today, I have a mouth full of uclers and a headache that has lasted since 5.30 this morning...
A wee bit run down me thinks...Early nights for me I think..Or earlier nights, I don't go to bed that late.....
Another week of food optimising, another week of positive thinking, another week of not cheating in any form and I shall be losing more next week too!!

Might have to resort to soup if my mouth gets any worse!!! hahahaha

Had lush tea!! left over veggies from yesterday...
Bubble and squeak cakes (mash it up and make into burger shapes and fry), with spicy baked beans (beans with curry powder) and fried egg!! mmmmm How easy was that...
Had a massive fruit salad for pudding...

Good luck for tomorrow

Hil

tmfd - well done on the weight loss :)

Sorry to hear you're not feeling great - mouth ulcers make eating just a nightmare don't they? I hope you get well soon. Good luck for this forthcoming week and staying positive :D

Bubble and squeak cakes sound yum. Just throw the previous day's veg together and add baked beans (not sure I'd add the curry powder) but that sounds great.

I lost 3lb this week - very pleased with that. I'll post more on my own diary.

Dave, thanks for your support on and offline as usual, I am feeling very optimistic for you when you weigh in tomorrow :D

Hi all, and thanks for the nice comments, always nice to come home to something sweet that is free of syns :D:D

Hil, I agree totally. Although it is great to lose more of course, I would settle quite happily for 1/2lb per week. As you say it is going the right way, and you still get to eat really well too. Still struggle to understand how this diet can actually work haha.

I hope your ailments clear up sooner rather than later, what a bummer :(

bubble and squeak cakes, spicy baked beans, and fried egg, is (wife permitting) going to be on my menu for next week - GREAT idea!

I have texted my SWC this evening (I like to keep her on her toes haha), and she has confirmed that my books have arrived YAY, so I shall pick them up tomorrow night at WI and hopefully I'll find some scrummy ideas for dinners in there.

Rie, well done for losing yet another 3lbs, you must be bored of losing so much now and getting slimmer of the week awards lol. You should be proud of yourself, because your friends are proud of you :)

Yes it is almost that time, my WI tomorrow, and I can't wait! It always seems to take so long coming round haha. I've been 100%SW again this week, and done a bit of exercise too, my sneaky beaky weigh ins at home have shown a loss so I am confident of losing at the very least the 1/2lb I need to hit the 1 stone total loss target - should be looking at two to three lbs I reckon, fingers crossed :)

Tomorrow we have gammon, egg, chips and beans again, and I really can't wait it was sooooooo delicious last time!!

I reckon I'm about done, it's getting on for midnight, I make it Wii o'clock :)

Goodnight all ♥

Hey Dave, thought Id finally comment as Iv been lurking on your diary for ages! Just wanted to say good luck for weigh in tomorrow...how much are you hoping for off this time? Im sure you will have a decent loss with the foods you eat and exercise you do! I will be joining you on the Wii Fit by November (Have to wait for order till Wii Fit Plus is released on 2oth Oct!!)

Take Care Kel xx

Hey Kel :) If I can lose just half a pound I will hit my stone mark. If I can lose 2lb I'll be bang on target for my Christmas Countdown of losing 2 stone in the 12 weeks of Christmas. I suspect my weigh in will be between 2 and 3 pounds, but ANY loss will do - a loss is a loss, and my weekly average would still be superb even if I only lost half a pound.

I know my body size is shrinking as my clothes are getting very loose, I am down a belt notch, and I can get into clothes that I couldn't a few weeks ago. My leg muscles have now themselves got leg muscles lol, and I feel great. Weight loss is a method of measuring my efforts, but not the be all and end all. Although another big loss would be fab haha :D:D

Amy, thanks for the good luck wishes, and I totally agree with you about the gammon! We only had recently but it was so delicious we actually took something off this week's menu to squeeze it in again lol

Weigh in 8 hours and 10 minutes away and counting ... :D

Hi Dave - top o' the morning to ya!

Thanks for your comments, nice to know my friends are proud of me :)

Kel, you've done really well. How are you finding it? I see you started in May. Have you struggled along the way or are you determined to reach your goal?

Well done Oh Amy for your 3lb loss this week. Feels great eh?

What's on the menu for today Dave, other than gammon. Can't wait to try the sw chips. I'm expecting someone to come and look at my cooker today so that I can finally cook them!

Can't wait to hear about your weigh in news tonight...will be hovering over my mobile lol.

I suspect you will have a fabulous weight loss! my crystal ball is in agreement!!!!!!!!! lol

My ailments will be cleared up as soon as possible I am sure....It's just a bit painful and the coldsaw is rather unsightly!! hahaha

I am not sure if I have added you correctly on my friends list...letme know please and if not I'll have another go.

Good luck for later - not that you need it mind you.

Hil

I'm just back from a ride, 5.6 miles. I went with my neighbour Matt - it was only his second ride since getting back in the saddle so I was quite impressed. Sadly one of the cables on his bike broke, causing his gear mechanism to jam up in the frame. I managed to free the chain so he could ride again but his gears would no longer change :( We had to finish the ride.

Mind you, at least we got as far as we did before it happened! Could have been much worse for him if we had been at the far point of the ride.

Weigh in in about 2 hours, I'm about to go have a nice bath, see if I can scrub another pound or two off haha.

I'll be back later, I'm confident news will be good but not sure how good.

I ♥ Tuesdays :)

What a great evening!!

First of all the important news ... I lost another 5lb!! Takes me to 1 stone 4.5lb in only four weeks!!

I picked up my 1 stone award, and slimmer of the week (which I technically tied with my neighbour Matt, but I won all the goodies as he didn't hang around after weighing in lol)

Then, I picked up the latest edition of the Slimming World magazine which is great as I hadn't expected it was due out so soon!!

Finally, I picked up the three books I had ordered (the shopping guide, 100 green recipes, and 100 sauces), and ordered another one full of recipes for desserts.

And finally, my gammon eggs chips and beans is almost ready, so I'm off - back later :D:D:D

wow Dave that's amazing in such a short space of time!! You must be feeling so pleased, it's great motivation to keep going isn't it.

Excellent!!! Well done Dave....Thats fantastic!!!!!
I told you my crystal ball was working well today! hahahahaha

By this rate you will beat your target for Christmas...

You will have to go shopping for new clothes soon! Joy!!
Alas, not the same feeling for men, most men don't like shopping for anything, least of all clothes..
My oh is fab, he loves shopping and we can wander round town and window shop for hours! hahahahaha

He is doing really well, although he put on 1/2 this week...which he wasn't bothered about seeing as he lost 3lb last week...

I still haven't put gammon on my shopping list! hahaha
we are having thai pork curry and noodles for tea when oh comes home..yummy

Well done again

Hil
xxxxxxxx

Back