Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

Thanks all, I am very pleased with this week, and how things have gone overall. I am mindful that my bubble is likely to burst at some point, and I am going to run into a wall or two on my way, but I am totally confident that Slimming World and Minimins is the key to me being lighter, skinnier and healthier than I ever imagined I could be!

I've been looking at some photos from my wedding day tonight, I was 18 stone exactly on the day (and haven't been back down to that weight since). I had been heavier beforehand and managed to lose quite a lot to get to 18 stone - but still on the day I felt very fat, and very uncomfortable not only in my suit but also in myself.

Interestingly, I am now 22st 9.5lbs, that's almost 5 stone heavier, and yet I feel very positive about myself! Strange eh? lol

Anyway, dinner was scrumptious! I adore gammon :)

I am back to work tomorrow which is a bummer, but in the morning I plan to sit with the wife and work out some meal ideas for the forthcoming week. I think we're gonna have too many things to squeeze into one week haha. I suspect that we will have 7 totally new meals next week, despite there being so many I love that I would want to fit in if possible. We NEED more days in the week, and more dinners in the day!

I will have my Weetabix as normal, my lunch is actually going to be my dinner, and that is an omelette with chips and beans (all syn free unless I add some ham (HEb), cheese (HEa) or both to the omelette!), and dinner will therefore be my lunch and I will take some savoury rice and boiled eggs to work, plus maybe a banana, HiFi bar, Alpen light bar(s) depending on how my syns work out. So much choice!

I shouldn't really complain about being back at work - tomorrow I am driving up and down the Sheerness Branch line, which for those of you who aren't local is just a 17 minute trip back and forth, back and forth, all afternoon and early evening. Some drivers get bored of it but I find it so peaceful out there, plus I used to live in Sheerness and Sittingbourne too (stations either end of the line) and often bump into loads of old friends :)

The following day I have a lovely little turn up and down the mainline (widely considered better quality of work to have as a train driver), which finishes where I live and I should, touch wood, get home a little earlier than I'm meant to.

And after that, I am off again ... for NINE more days lol.

Happy days :)

I hope you're all ok, being positive, focusing on your weigh ins, and losing LOADS of weight!

Dave ♥

First of all the important news ... I lost another 5lb!! Takes me to 1 stone 4.5lb in only four weeks!!

I picked up my 1 stone award, and slimmer of the week (which I technically tied with my neighbour Matt, but I won all the goodies as he didn't hang around after weighing in lol)

Well done Dave on your wonderful weight loss and on your 1 stone award!:happy096:

Love Mini xxx

Hi Mini, and thanks very much, I am still buzzing haha.

Back at work today, didn't get up until 10 o'clock, which was very VERY nice, but not very useful for having to fit lots of food into the day!!

I will be having my dinner very soon (ham omelette, beans, corn on the cob) as I am leaving for work before 12 o'clock.

I'm gonna have a Mullerlight banana & custard for afters, YUM!

I'll be taking lots with me, including savoury rice, 2 boiled eggs, apple, HiFi bar and 2 Alpen light bars for me to munch on for dinner and throughout my working evening.

When I get home I have Wii fit on the menu, followed by my breakfast (2 Weetabix, semi skimmed milk and some Splenda) and a banana.

Quite an odd way to eat it but I am still sticking to the SW plan 100%, and being as flexible as I need to around my shifts.

Tomorrow will be a similar plan due to working late turn again, but dinner will be carbonara.

The wife and I looked through the new books and new magazine last night and there are so many new things we want to try!! We've got until Friday this week to sort it out as that is when we will be shopping.

Have a great Wednesday everyone :)

hi dave after reading your diary and seen how much u enjoyed the wii fit my oh went and bought me one and have to say i agree with u totaly it is great fun :D many thanks

Kel, you've done really well. How are you finding it? I see you started in May. Have you struggled along the way or are you determined to reach your goal?

Thanks Marie, To be honest I lost over 2 stone before I started SW, then the first few weeks of starting I stuck to plan really well and was losing great, then I stopped sticking to plan and having the odd chinese, altho was still losing weight (I had a 10lb loss the week my partner and I split as hardly ate) would be nice to get that each week lol. But recently I have been sticking to plan 100% and I gained 5lbs, STS then lost 1lb so im really frustrated with it all atm! Weigh in tomorrow so I hope that goes in my favor.....DOWN!!! But I am definately determined to get to target albeit farther away than I had hoped! xx:flirt2:

Hi Evethewitch, are you really a witch? haha Glad to hear you're enjoying the Wii as much as I do, and congratulations on your weight loss so far - 22lbs, nice one!

I picked up a new 'game' today which I will be trying in a moment - My Fitness Coach Cardio Workout. I get in a sweat just typing it!!

mommyb, I hope to plan to get my next weekly menu sorted in the morning. We've picked a few new meals to try, and will stick to a few that we have had before and enjoyed. Plus we have some soups to try, and I might have a crack at some desserts too!

Kel, I know it must be frustrating to stick to plan 100% and not lose weight as you'd want to, but stick with it!! I can see from your tickers that you have come a very long way, and are probably half the person you used to be. Over such a long journey there are bound to be bad bits of road, and poor weather too, you just have to keep going. I know you will get there :)

I had three people tell me today how good I was looking (i.e. with regard my weight loss). Two of them are on my Facebook and will have seen my weight loss statuses so may have just been being polite, but the other one must have noticed it. Of course, I also saw someone who pointed out how much fatter I am now lol, because of course I hadn't seen him for years!! I pointed out that I have put on weight, I used to be 7lb 11oz :)

I am going to order some new uniform - shirts and trousers, the ones I currently have are getting quite loose (the shirts are smaller than the last ones I had already!). If I can't get into the new ones yet, it won't be long.

I'm about to go and try the new Wii game, and I have my Weetabix brekky and a banana to look forward to afterward :)

I'll be back in the morning. Goodnight all ♥

I picked up a new 'game' today which I will be trying in a moment - My Fitness Coach Cardio Workout. I get in a sweat just typing it!!

Kel, I know it must be frustrating to stick to plan 100% and not lose weight as you'd want to, but stick with it!! I can see from your tickers that you have come a very long way, and are probably half the person you used to be. Over such a long journey there are bound to be bad bits of road, and poor weather too, you just have to keep going. I know you will get there :)

I have ordered the 1st My FItness Coach and will order teh 2nd one in a few weeks/months :)

Ya know, I dont see much difference in my loss at all but if you add me on my other fb profile and have a look at the pics you will see for yourself if you think you can tell. (Kel 'Zelda' Stevens) is the other one xx

I am currently sitting trying to write out a meal plan with more food in it lol and finding it very hard!!

HAve fun on the new game and let us know if its any good and worth buying or not :p xx

Oh.
My.
God.

Boy, do I ache!!

So here's the verdict on My Fitness Coach : Cardio Workout ... IT IS BRILLIANT!!

It takes a while to set up initially with your name, weight, height, etc, and then takes another wee while to go through the basic training to show you how to throw different punches and do different defences. I ought to say at this point, it is ALL boxing, which for me is great as I love the rhythm boxing on the Wii fit and always wanted an alternative - this is definitely it!! Rather than use controller and nunchuck as I had expected, you can use TWO controllers - which means no connecting wire to whip you in the face haha. Once it's set up you can work through the training sessions ... I started on easy and didn't get any further. Ached so much! Looking forward to tonight :)

Food today ... Well, I have just had my Weetabix - a little odd seeing as that was also the last meal I had late last night! Lunch will again be my dinner due to working later, I'm having carbonara today YUMMY!! I'll have a Mullerlight and an apple for afters. Then dinner will be my lunch, pretty standard savoury rice, boiled eggs, etc, etc.

After today, I am off work again ... for NINE days ... :)

Hi all,

Just finished working out our menu for the week - only had six meals to plan for as we are shopping Friday this week (payday!), but back to Thursday next week.

In no particular order, we will be having:
> Quorn bolognese (uses conchiglie shells, saw it in magazine)
> egg fried rice/chips/bhajis/curry sauce (egg fried rice and bhajis from new book, chips and curry sauce we have done before)
> Quorn meatballs with spaghetti (we saw a recipe to make the Quorn meatballs, but then we thought what the heck you can buy them ready made in Tesco haha)
> Lasagne (we have long been fans of lasagne, surprised it has taken us so long to have it on SW. Decided to switch the meat for Quorn mince, only thing that isn't free on a green day is the sauces. Total 37 syns for 4 servings (I make that about 12 syns each for me and the missus, the boys have the rest). Thought about making the SW bechamel sauce but decided that we struggle to use our syns anyway most days so what the heck haha
> chicken chow mein - totally free and totally filling and yummy!
> tuna/pasta/sweetcorn - been a favourite of mine for years, haven't had it for a couple of weeks

May try a new soup or two through the week for lunches as I am home too.

I'm still aching lol, god only knows how I'm gonna drive trains later haha.

Have a great day all, and be good :)

lol dave u think if i was a witch i would be this size :confused: i have lost 25 and a half pounds just aint found out how to change ticker yet lol
did my wii fit last night just about 1 hour and u are right it is fun :p
try the chicken noodle soup it is very nice and would go with the chow mein :) keep up the good work

Hi Dave

Seeing as you like lasagne, have you tried the baked bean lasagne (stay with me!) lol...Its blummin lovely..You should try it...I think the recipes on here somewhere...
My OH took some convincing until I just went ahead and made it...He loves it too..........

My planning comes into action on Saturday..
I don't do quorn so thats out of the question for me..
But as I am doing extra easy I can have the meat on the green days..

I'll let you know what my menu will be on Saturday..There'll be the usual curry on Friday night...Not sure what else yet..

Tonight I am having sweet potato hash and baked eggs....
OH brought home a recipe card from Waitrose and it looks stunning, with a few minor tweeks its syn free....yummy
I'll let you know how that tasted....Do you like sweet potatoes?

keep up with the Wii! make sure you don't fall off the board!!

Hil

mommyb, don't get too used to our menu, we are changing something haha. Out comes the tuna/pasta/sweetcorn and in comes another new meal (which we had seen during the week, but forgotten about when writing the list!) - Quorn family roast. I haven't seen this myself, so I am taking my wife's word for it haha :) I guess it is the Quorn equivalent of the Turkey Roasts you can get. I'll try anything once!

Evethewitchwhoisn'tarealwitch :) To amend your ticker, click on it. You will be directed to the ticker page, and you'll have to put in your password. Once you've done that input your new weight in lbs, and the date, and click to update it :)

Hi Hil, bean lasagne sounds lovely and I will definitely look it up!! I think I have had sweet potato before, does it have a curry twang? Maybe it was just cooked in some kind of curry sauce lol I don't remember. All I remember is that I loved it and promised that I would do myself some at home. Of course, I haven't!! I might try what you had, but what are baked eggs? Is teh recipe for that entire dinner on here or the SW site, or just something you know?

I'm at work!! I'm at Victoria station in London, in the crew room. I'm on my dinner break (I finished my dinner hours ago lol). Just noticed there was a PC in the room so thought I would pop in :)

I work the 20.39 service London Victoria to Faversham, put it in the sidings, then home. Should get in about half ten, so not too bad.

I've spent a long time thinking today about what I can do when I get in. I want to do the My Fitness Coach Cardio Workout again as I loved it (despite my arms and legs STILL aching lol), but I also don't want to leave the Wii by the wayside. And I have decided to start on the Wii, do a half hour step (never feels like exercise, but a nice warm up) and maybe a 20 minute jog, then switch over to the other game and do some boxing. Best of both worlds. And if I find that too much, or not enough, I can adjust it for future nights.

Tomorrow I am meeting a friend from work in Sittingbourne (about 8 miles away - I'll be taking my bike on the train) and we're going for a ride. He hasn't been riding long so we won't be doing much, but it gives him someone to ride with. Once we're done (or he's done haha) I plan to cycle home on the back roads, which I've done once and really struggled with (in particular the hills) so will be interesting to see how I fare. If I am this achy it is gonna be a mare haha.

I've realised today that I won't be able to make the next SW meeting, and I'm really gutted about it. I'm at a Union meeting, and there is no way to get out of it (I am the Branch Secretary). So now I have to wait 13 more days before my next official weigh in , Grrrr. That's if I'm not working the following Tuesday as I'll be back on late turn again, OMG that would be a disaster!! I'll have to check. My SWC will think I am just hiding and been naughty haha.

I'd better go and stop hogging the PC hehe, I'll check in again later, assuming my arms work enough for me to type still after my workout :)

Dave ♥

Hi Dave..
Hogging the PC tut tut!! you acting like one of the kids! hahahaha
Sweet potato is usually made into a curry...It's sweet and a cross between a carrot and potato I suppose with a hint of swede..hahaha
The baked egs are cooked as part of the recipe, you put it all in the oven and break eggs over the top...
I got the recipe from Waitrose, we my OH did, he thought it looked nice.
He's on 2-10 so we won't be trying it til he gets home, but i'll tell you what it's like...
I made the chocolate cake recipe thats on here too..Its an adaptation of a Delia recipe, and I have the book its in so I used the book instead...It smells lush and chocolatty..Haven't tried it yet though..My daughter is having some with custard in a bit..
Nice tea!!!!

hi Dave, if you text Sal she'll let you take that wi as a holiday so you don't have to pay. Can you try to get to another one of her classes? She does quite a few across the week. You could go to the class on weds, one at 5:30 and another at 7:00.

Last edited:
Hi Hil if that recipe turned out nice please share it with us (either here or main forum) so we can give it a go. Sounds yummy!

Eve, glad to help :)

Bayside, I'm gonna let her know today and see what we can arrange. Seems a shame to miss it completely. Depending on train times Tuesday maybe I can weigh in quick early then run. Although £4.50 just to run off doesn't seem like money well spent haha.

Last night I did my Wii fit first - half hour step then a twenty minute jog, and followed it up with a session on My Fitness Coach Cardio Workout - it measures activities in 'punches' and I got to 563. I thoroughly enjoyed both, and think that will remain my regular routine now at least until Wii fit 2 comes out and I get it, then we will have to see haha.

When I woke up this morning, I REALLY ached. I mean REALLY! lol

But after walking the kids to school and having breakfast it was a little eased.

I took the train over to Sittingbourne to meet a workmate, and we went for a ride. My total today was a hefty 10.89 miles (my longest yet I think), average speed 11.2mph, top speed 30.9mph (Weeeeeeee!)

The ride has further helped to ease some of my aches, although now some different muscles are aching haha.

That's it for today exercise wise, no Wii fit tonight. I am having an early-ish night as I am up early tomorrow to get some chores done.

Food wise, I will be having a nice big salad for lunch, and dinner is undecided - haven't worked out the order of our dinners this week yet, waiting to hear about a couple of things first.

But after lunch we have to shop, I also need the bank (payday!), and of course we ought to collect the kids from school at some point haha.

Hope you're all having a great day - it's POET's day!!

Dave ♥

Hiya

That recipe was stunning...I am in work on my lunch at the mo so I will put it on here for you later..
I made a choco cake fror pudding, the one thats been on here, I need to doctor it to our tastes, but it was ok.....We had it with VLF Fromage Frais and blueberries...

Speak later

Hil

Hi all :)

tfmd I am looking forward to that recipe more than you know lol.

We just had our dinner, bolognese shells, and what else can I say, except YUK! The pasta shells were ming, and even the Quorn mince ended up ming somehow!! Definitely not one we will be having again.

I've spoken to my SWC and arranged that I am going to go to her Wednesday meeting next week and the week after, as I can't make my own Tuesday one. I'm looking forward to winning their raffle! lol

Tomorrow I am up and out early and have 5 hours of travelling :( I'll be having breakfast before I go, taking some pack up and snacks for through the day, and I'm already looking forward to my dinner, which we haven't yet decided what to have. Decisions, decisions.

Hope you're all having a good weekend (it has officially started!), and those sneaky weigh ins are looking good ♥

Back