Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

hello and welcome to minimins x I like your posts and your openess, it just goes to show we are not alone and times when you are feeling down about things it is good to read here about other peoples feelings and get ideas to help you through your rough patch, there are excellent meal ideas and recipies too x

Hi all,

Bit of a mad rush today so just a flying visit!!

Total weight increase over Christmas Day and Boxing Day = 9.5lbs!

I am now sure that when Wizzard sang that they wished it could be Christmas every day they weren't considering their SW plans lol

I'm not gutted in the slightest, had a brilliant time, back on plan again from today.

I want to be under 20 stone (on home scales) by end of January :)

Hope you all had as good a yuletime as we did here, with no regrets of a SW nature, and can get yourselves back in focus today ♥

Dave i'm glad you enjoyed christmas and well done for getting righgt back on it.
I think you'll find some of that weight disappears really quickly since you will still have some of the 'bulk' of that food on board-there hasnt been time for your body to turn it into proper fat. Getting back on plan quickly will prevent some of it doing so- fingers crossed

Have a great day

Following my two days of excess over Christmas, I was all focused and ready to get back on plan yesterday. Unfortunately though, it never happened!!

It all started well with my Weetabix brekky, but went steadily downhill afterward. We ended up meeting up with some friends in Camden Town (what an amazing place!!). I went for noodles for lunch (figured wouldn't be too bad on a green day, was going to add 5 syns as I didn't know how they were cooked). Still not too bad, and still on plan.

Until I got home!

My wife wasn't feeling up to cooking, a little run down I think, so I decided to get the kids dinner from the chippy. The wife and I also ended up having chippy for dinner.

And then, it got even worse. Or better. Depends on your perspective ;)

We still had a rather large box of Ferrero Rocher unopened from Christmas. Seemed a shame to waste them, they are very expensive!

The Ambassador has a lot to answer for I tell you!!

But OMG they were so delicious haha.

Anyway, my two days of excess ended up being three days. But it is now over. And I still have no regrets.

I had my Weetabix for brekky today, and have brought tuna/pasta/sweetcorn to work for lunch. Salad for dinner later.

I will probably try to keep my syns low until after the new year (5-8 per day) as I am drinking New Year's eve and will be flexi-synning the booze.

After New Year I am back up to full syns again. And no sins.

I expect to get to goal weight this year, which until I joined SW wasn't even something I thought was possible!!

I have enough money/vouchers from my birthday/christmas to get a 4-month swimming pass for my local pool, which I will be collecting this week sometime. 1st January to end of April I will be able to swim anytime for free :)

this time of year is just a nightmare... think everyone in same boat, just a case of starting a fresh day and once a whole day of being good is done, the next day will be easy.. good luck xx

Well today is weigh in day (albeit not for another 14 ish hours - nobody should have to get up this early lol).

Weighed myself again this morning and was actually very pleased with what I saw - only 3.5lbs heavier than pre-Christmas. Not sure how it has dropped so much so quickly but I'm glad it has.

Of course, tonight could still be different from that and I am prepared for anything - still no regrets at all, had a great Christmas but tonight draws a line under it for me and back to my weight loss again :)

Am hoping to collect my swimming pass today, which is rather exciting don't ya think? haha

Had a good day on plan yesterday - I really do think I prefer being on plan than off! Lunch was tuna/pasta at work, and I had salad when I got home for my dinner, and even managed to squeeze a mugshot in before bed :)

Today I have my usual packing up which is savoury rice, couple of boiled eggs, HiFi bar, 2 mini Babybels, banana, and dinner is going to be sweet potato hash after my weigh in. Yumptious :)

Hope you're all well, and managing to find your SW feet again after the Christmas splurge ♥

hi Dave, sounds like we had a similar eating plan over xmas but i think mine lasted a couple of days longer than yours!! I'm hoping to be back on plan today.
Glad you and family had a great time over xmas.

Camden is great isn't it? We always get lost there with all the little streets and alleys.

Well done on getting your swimming pass, great idea! Think I'll go for a brisk walk along the seafront in the rain today as i still feel totally stuffed after xmas!!!

Good luck for WI later, i'm not going tomorrow, have booked it off. Will be back next week hopefully a few pounds lighter than now:)

Have a good week.

ooh i havent been to Camden for years and it was good then-guess even better now.

LOL at the ambassador comments-fortunately i dont like the things so they hold no danger for me ( one of the few things that dont LOL) but at least they are gone now and can do no more !!

good luck for weigh in and have a great day

I weighed in at 20st 7lb, which is only 2.5lb heavier than last week.

I feel soooooooooo happy, a real let off for me. Although I have been 100% SW again today and yesterday so that must have helped big time.

Unless I can get a swap with someone at work, I can't make next week's WI, so I hope to have reached the 20st mark by the one after. I will be 100% on plan, and I'm hoping to get some exercise thrown in too as I have hardly done any the last few weeks.

Thanks for all your messages :)

Hi all

I seem to get a lot of breaks at work where there is a PC and internet access at the moment, so no excuses for me not keeping my diary up to date haha.

I've managed to organise a swap for my shift next Tuesday, so I can now go to my WI :) I still have have 11 'free' weighs from my countdown plus the 3 I won on the Christmas Challenge so not gonna have to find any money for a while which is lovely.

I ended up with only 6 syns yesterday, am having 12 today, and will stay on the low side tomorrow in preparation for a boozy New Years Eve. I feel confident that I will get through New Year with no weight going on.

On Friday, New Year's Day of course, it is my sister-in-law's birthday, and her husband has organised a surprise get together in London. We are going to Yates' in Leicester Square for lunch and a couple of drinks. I have already checked their website and they do a jacket potato with beans which is what I will have with no butter or extras, and I shall stick to diet cokes too.

Then on Monday I have a Union Meeting, which actually begins in Wetherspoons for dinner!! I have again checked their menus and they also do a jacket spud with beans. Again I shall stick to the diet cokes.

Couple of pretty boring meals there to be honest, but I don't really mind - it's just nice to know I can go out and still stick to plan.

The following day sees me at WI again, and I am hoping for some kind of loss no matter what it is. A lot of effort has gone into this week, planning foods and working around things, and it would be good to get a nice reward for it.

Having said that of course, I haven't forgotten the run up to Christmas where I continued to get great results despite all my do's and outings, so I won't lose faith if I don't lose.

So long as I lose ;) lol

Hope you've all managed to get back into the swing of things without too much trouble. I have to pass a table just full of every chocolate imaginable every time I go in and out my house, as it is all still left over from Christmas, but luckily chocolate has never been a real weakness for me so I'm not tempted.

Ferrero Rocher are the one exception, but as I have already pigged all those down they are no longer a problem haha

It's just past 17.00 New Year's eve .. under seven hours left of 2009!

I've just had my dinner - spaghetti carbonara. I think it has caught up with Quorn balti and is now my joint favourite dinner.

I'll be hopping in the bath in a mo (well, it is the end of the year!), getting my gladrags on, and off to the neighbours around 8ish.

It seems my mother-in-law has left about 1/3 bottle of Morgan's spiced rum which I have decided to liberate this evening on her behalf :)

Not sure if the syns match those of vodka which was my plan A, but as I wasn't intending on counting my syns anyway it's not a major disaster haha

My last weigh in of 2009 (this morning, in my bathroom) showed me weighing 66.5lb less than I was 1st January 2009!! And it has been soooooo easy and satisfying to lose it since I found SW :)

Just want to thank everyone who has ever posted on my diary, I really so love the messages so much.

I also want to wish you all a fantastic evening whatever you're up to, and a cracking 2010 :)

2010 is the first year of my life since I was born over 33 years ago that I will be at my goal weight !!

Happy New Year one and all ♥

Happy New Year!! :D ... and I can say that as it is New Year here as its 6.25 am on 1st January 2010 :p

Hope you have a great evening and wish you all the best for 2010. Your diary is one of my must reads in the morning and is probably the diary that inspired me to put in writing my thoughts on SW and life in general. So everyone can blame you now :p

Have a good one, and look forward to seeing you getting to target in 2010. The way you lose weight you'll probably get there before me!! ;) :D

Happy New Year everyone :)

Had an excellent night last night, that Morgan's Spiced Rum is delish - and syn free too ;) lol

There was indeed a big buffet, loads of food there but I added to it with Quorn cocktail sausages and Quorn savoury eggs, and despite clearly eating more syns than I should it was much better than the alternative and eating all the other less-SW friendlier foods. Mind you, he had pickled quail's eggs and I figured they were syn free so almost literally filled my boots lol.

Good news is my weigh in this morning was the same as yesterday - I start 2010 at 10st 2.5lb. A fantastic weight considering I began 2009 at 24st 13lb!! Long way to go, but I am almost halfway there!!

I also start the year as reigning Minimins Quiz Champion!! I first joined the daily quiz back in October, came 3rd overall, then I was up to overall 2nd for November, and took top spot for December :) If anyone likes quizzes and wants to join us (the more the merrier) you can find it here : http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...ming-world-daily-trivia-quiz.html#post2201930
(or if you go directly it is in the off-topic section of Slimming World section here on Minimins)

I also start the year as the proud owner of a Minimins gold star WOOHOO!! Not sure what it means but I think it's related to how many times you've been repped or thanked by others on here so thanks to everyone for helping me earn that :)

Right, I am off now, going to Leicester Square to surprise the sister-in-law for her birthday. We are having lunch in Yates' there, jacket potato and beans for me methinks!

Hope you have all recovered well from last night, and have a smashing weight-loss filled 2010 ♥

Had a great day today. Went up to Leicester Square as planned, albeit arriving about 2 hours later than planned due to problems on the trains. See what happens when I have a day off? lol

Lunch went exactly as planned, I had a jacket potato with beans, no butter, and even left the salad as it looked as though it had some funky synny dressing on it. Also stuck to diet cokes throughout the day.

Had a moment on way home that made me feel very proud of myself! We arrived at St Pancras feeling very peckish, and was going to grab something from M&S but the lazy people decided not to open today. Ended up in WHSmith as it was the only thing open that end of the station and didn't have time to get to other end before train left.

Was going to just have bad food which was looking so tasty, had a port pie and a ham and cheese slice both in my hand at one point, but ended up putting them back and having a bag of Quavers, Special K bar and two bananas (REALLY felt hungry lol). Full marks to me :)

Of course, I get home and find out my Quavers, due to being a grab bag, were actually NINE syns!! Not to worry, took me to 15.5 syns for the day but I can cope with that. Far better than to have given in to my earlier temptations. Feeling quite smug lol.

Just finished watching the new episode of Doctor Who, and got all emotional lol. I thought it was the best episode of DW EVER!! And it is also very sad to see David Tennant leave the role as I think he has been the best DW ever.

I'm not working tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to having the first opportunity in a long time tonight to get on the Wii fit and get some exercise done. I'm also well aware that I now get free swims and am tempted to pop down the pool tomorrow sometime, but I'm not sure how keen I am to swim at a weekend - think I might rather wait for the kids to get back to school on Monday lol.

ttfn :)

I've just seen this elsewhere on Minimins and I love it so I'm copying it here for both mine and I guess anyone else's benefit too:
"its not what you do between christmas and new year that matters, but what you do between New year and Christmas."

Anyway, that's enough of that lol, I'm back with news ...

Nothing too exciting though, just that we are trying a few new meals this week, taken from the Minimins recipe sections.

Tomorrow we are trying a different version of the Quorn shepherd's pie (I love Quorn mince, and I love Shepherd's pie, but for some reason didn't really enjoy the first one we had); Sunday will be Quorn sausage and bean casserole served with SW hash browns; Monday I am out for dinner at Wetherspoons and have already checked the menu and I can have jacket potato with beans; Tuesday we are trying tuna fishcakes; And Wednesday it is back to our favourite Quorn balti again.

Haven't tried anything new in a while, and I am yet to really go through the new magazine for fresh ideas. Having said that, most of it seemed geared toward EE when I flicked through :(

Hiya Dave

I am so glad you are still enjoying SW.
I have been off thread for quite a while, still doing SW, but not doing very well...I was pleased I only put a 1lb on over Christmas, but not sure how i've done this week..
Went out to Cardiff (home town) on New Years Eve and stayed in a lush hotel and had a lush meal a Jamie's (Oliver) Italian....and a few drinkies of course! lol.
I have come to the decision that I am not in a race and not competing with anyone so if it takes ages to lose a stone then that's the way it will be!

I have not stuck to plan that much this week..I am getting straight back on today and getting the menus back together and shopping for the week.....
Going to stick to low syns for the next few weeks too...Hopefully it will kick start the losses again.

You have been doing fantastically well, you and Mrs Dave should be very proud of your achievements. You've had some awesome weight losses...Keep it up..
I am going to start putting my thoughts and foods back into my minimins diary too..

I love reading your diary and like now I have gone back to when I read it last and read to the end...hahaha

Wishing you, Mrs Dave and kids all the best for 2010...Hope its a fantastic year for you all

Hil
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Hil,

I'm impressed you only put on 1lb over Christmas, well done!!

You are right that losing weight is not a race, it isn't timebound in any way. So long as it is coming off, it doesn't really matter how long it takes, and you're also right that your losses shouldn't be compared to anyone elses as we all lose weight at different rates and in different ways.

We had the Quorn shepherd's pie with rosemary and garlic roast potatoes for dinner (new meal for us) and it was GORGEOUS, and very filling too. Another one we will have again one day :)

I got back in the Wii fit last night after a break over the festive season, and did a half hour jog with my ankle and wrist weights on. And BOY did I know it this morning lol.

I plan the same this evening, and if it stays dry I plan to go for a ride tomorrow to start getting back into that. Monday I will be using my swimming pass for the first time, when the kiddies are back at school.

Hope you're all well ♥

Back