Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

Sounds like you had a fun time. Didn't know vodka and diet coke were so low in syns so that's useful for when I'm out. Nice job on being prepared for the day and showing that a good time can be had without splurging on naughty stuff.

Love the will power, thats brilliant. Must have felt brilliant to see people you hadn't seen for a while and shock them with the difference.

Well done on winning something on the races too - I only bet on the national and end up putting 50p on "pretty names"??? I've not had any luck yet, so any tips welcome. x

ello you. Just dropped by to wish you luck with your weigh in tomorrow. Go knock 'em dead :D I'm sure you've got badminton or some other sport lined up for tomorrow to help shed a bit more :)

Speak to you soon x

So ... tomorrow is the big day ... Day One !!

This is my eating plan:
Breakfast - 2 Weetabix (HEB), 350ml skimmed milk (HEA), splenda
Lunch - Batchelors savoury rice (-), 3 boiled eggs (-)
Dinner - 113g tuna in spring water (HEB), loads of pasta (-), sweetcorn (-), 4 level tablespoons reduced calorie mayo (10 syns)

snacks throughout day - 2 x Dairylea original triangles, banana, grapes

I use both by HEBs, both my HEAs, 10 syns and plenty of free food too. Any drink I have will be either low calorie squash or Pepsi Max both of which are freebies.

I am going to a wedding reception tomorrow night but I will have my dinner a little later than normal and will avoid the buffet (except perhaps any freebies I might see if I want to be sociable!) and just drink diet cokes.

Can't wait :)

p.s. I ought to add it is a green day, as most if not all of mine will be!

Hey, well done on your weight loss!!... Just to say.. if you have hellmans Extra light mayo it is only 1/2 a syn for a level table spoon full.. you can't really tell the difference (well I can't!) :p

kikikisses, vodka & diet coke is a great choice when you're out as the diet coke is syn free. Vodka is 2½ syns for a 25ml shot but make sure you check as some places have bigger shots. Compared to pints of lager though, my previous drink of choice, which is TEN syns per pint, it is a Godsend to SW lol

Louise, sadly I am no expert at all when it comes to horses. Usually when I expect a horse to 'walk it', he does exactly that - while all the others run it! I had one big win on the day and a couple of tiddlers. The big win only came about as I backed a horse my friend had pulled out of the hat in the sweepstake as I couldn't bear the thought of him winning and me not haha

Rie, was great seeing you the other day and I'm looking forward to seeing you again Saturday, even if I will end up spending all day sorting out your PC lol. You are doing so well on SW and you are looking amazing, keep up the good work :)

Stacie, cheers for the tip I switched over to Hellman's extra light mayo sometime before November last year when I started my food diary. As a mayo on it's own I'm no fan but mixed in with tuna/pasta or boiled egg it is perfect, and a great way to save on some syns. If you know of a way to save syns on Tesco oat and raisin cookies I would ♥ to hear it ;)

I had my weigh in tonight, showed a loss of 3½lbs (over two weeks as I couldn't make last week's) and picked up my 6 stone award too :D:D:D

Two of my good friends in class reached their goal weights tonight and I am so happy and proud for them, and there were a LOAD of other really good results too. Great night for the class all round :)

I have been planning ahead with my shifts and doing some swapsies with colleagues, and I can now definitely make the next 13 consecutive weigh ins, which will be great as I really find they help keep me on the straight and narrow.

I am looking forward to playing badminton tomorrow, we didn't get a game in last week due to clashing shifts for us all and I really missed it. I haven't done any exercise in the last 4 days due to being busy with other things and I want to make an effort not to make up for it, but to maybe do a little more this week. I am off all day Thursday so real possibilities there of a trip to the gym, then early turn working Friday Saturday and Sunday, and back on lates Monday Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday. It's gonna be hard to get to the gym much but if the weather is good I can cycle, and if not I can swim, so I have options :)

wow, that is amazing. I am so impressed well done!!!

well done on the 100 :D i want to lose around 100lbs and im excited that I am nearly a third of the way there!!! you are a real inspiration for me! xx

oh my God! just read you diary from start to finish over the past couple of days. Love it. Felt like i didnt want it to end, like a really good book, your sooo positive.
I'm another one of your fans :wavey: just wanted to say HI

Saff

fantastic loss hun.you have done brilliantly.
i have also just read through all your diary and i think you are doing an amazing job and you're a great advert for sw x
best of luck with the rest of your journey

Hi all, thanks for your replies I really love to read them :)

Ellebear, I still can't believe my weight loss comes to 100lb! It seems such a big amount, but i have found the road here very enjoyable, and very easy to follow. Back in September if I had been told I would have lost this much already I wouldn't have believed it, and yet now I have no doubt I will lose whatever else I need to lose in order to get to goal weight by the Summer :) Just stick to the plan, trust it, and do a bit of exercise along the way, and you will be writing about your 100lb loss before you know it!

I've had an odd week in terms of weight loss. As you all know I am naughty and weigh myself every day (guilty hehe). The day after my weigh in last week I was 1lb less than I had been the day before - great start to the week I thought lol. But then from that point on my weight didn't really move - just up/down the same ½lb. But then this morning I had am amazing weigh in - an extra 3lb less than I had been all week. Happy Days, just in time for weigh in this evening :)

Sadly though the scales at weigh in didn't agree, and I showed a loss of only ½lb! I was expecting more of course, but still content with a loss. I have had this before when I have had slow weeks, and also where my scales at home have predicted more than the scales at WI have shown - and it has always evened out the following week.

Weight is only one side-effect of my efforts, and should not be looked at in isolation - thought it is a very easy and useful guage for sure.

My body is the best shape it has ever been in, I have even found myself admiring myself in the mirror LMAO which I have never done before in my entire life. Some days I struggle to believe it is even my body I am looking at!

I think that is quite enough of "I love me" for now, lol, but right now I really could go on and on about it.

My 'new' work coat which I only started to wear a couple of weeks ago is already getting too big; The belt I picked up from the High Street shop not long ago and could only get into the biggest hole is already in the smallest hole, and could do with me making more holes in already; Even my shoes are getting too big!!

I took some clothes down the charity shop the other day, including a very tasty Ben Shurman suit and my favourite suede (ish) coat, all too big. Kinda broke my heart to lose some of my favourite clothes but they are part of the old me, and no good to the new me at all.

I am planning on a trip to the McArthur Glen outlet centre in Ashford on Good Friday to get some jeans, boxers and maybe some trainers. I had planned on not buying any clothes until I reached goal weight but my physical transformation has been so drastic that I haven't really got a choice. Any excuse eh? ;)

I hope you're all enjoying your journey, and appreciating all the positive differences it is making to your lives.

Trust the plan ♥

hi Dave, good to hear you're doing so well, 100lbs is incredible and i think you really should treat yourself to a few new clothes cos big, baggy clothes will hide your weight loss and you should be proud of your achievement. Enjoy your shopping trip, the Ashford outlet place is good for sports stuff, i never used to buy much there cos most shops didn't stock my size, but now i'm sure i could buy in any shop:) Have fun!

Hi Diary,

I'm having an early lunch today and then going over to Ashford to buy some more clothes :)

Makes a change to make a plan and actually follow it through lol.

We are at my friend Marie's house tomorrow for lunch and dinner, and I will be doing Extra Easy for the day. My first non-green day!!

And I have decided already, that I want to do an entire week of Extra Easy starting from after my next weekly shop.

So I am genning up on EE, learning the rules. I feel like a SW noob again hehe. I know it's 1/3 green/red/superfree, and you only get one HEa and one HEb per day. Anything else I ought to know in advance of starting? I would really like to have it under my belt so I can hit the ground running! Don't want any silly mistakes on my part to damage any of the great results I have already had :)

Thanks all, have a great Easter ♥

Hi Dave;

Love your diary - so inspiring and positive. I know what you mean about having to get rid of old favourite clothes, but it makes such a change chucking them out to buy smaller ones rather than bigger!

Have a great weekend,

x

well done Dave and good luck with extra easy will be interested to see how it goes. Don't forget since this year and bringing in extra easy as the main plan that egg and quorn and yogurts are no longer superfree ie they do not count as 1/3 of your plate of superfree food that is only fruits and veg now.

The only meal i struggle with this is breakfast as i often have poached eggs and beans and this used to be 1/2 free and half superfree but now i have to add tomatoes or mushrooms. If you have cereal i think it is easier as you can add fruit, but i don't like using my one healthy b so early, my other standard breaky is yogurt and fruit and that is fine.

Teresa

CyberRuby you are sure right about it making a change having to buy clothes that are smaller rather than larger lol. And for the first time ever at the outlet centre I walked right past the Cotton Traders shop. I've been getting sweatshirts there for years as they have a superb selection for bigger people, the problem being that I now associate them with me being bigger lol.

Teresa, thanks for the EE advice, I didn't know that! And neither did any of my friends, so you may well have rescued a few of us right there :)

I'm going to keep an online food diary just for today, and hope noone will mind critiquing it to see if it is within the rules/plan/system for an Extra Easy day.

Breakfast is ...

2 Morrison's Eat Smart 60% less fat pork sausages (1 syn for the 2), bacon (all visible fat cut off of course), eggs, baked beans, mushrooms, 2 slices Hovis wholemeal (from small loaf)(HEb). All food was either grilled or cooked in Frylight. Given that the mushrooms won't be 1/3 of the plate I am going to include a plum and an apple too which I will eat very shortly on the train on the way to my friend's house.

Any comments/tips/advice would be welcomed, and I'll be back later to update my lunch/dinner menu :)

Thanks in advance I would be lost without you lot ♥

On an unrelated note, I have been addicted to The Biggest Loser Australia, just like I have been all previous Biggest Loser's I have watched. It is so inspiring!!

Yesterday's episode had all the contestants returning for the first time since they had left, and the losses since we last saw them were incredible, absolutely mind-blowing some of them looked like different people.

So they get on the scales, and they all register between 16% and about 25% total body weight loss since they began their journey.

Which made me wonder what mine was, so I measured it ... and it is a whopping 29.73%!! I would be the top of their leaderboard lol.

But my smugness didn't last long, because I worked the wife's out, and hers was an even more incredible 31.13%!!!

I think seeing as a third party how much difference there is in each of the contestants, and knowing that we have both lost a higher percentage of our own weights, has really hammered home just how much better we much be looking :)

Well I have learnt somethng from you as I thought the morrisons sausages were free but now find out since they changed the pack they are 1/2 a syn each (frankly well worth it but have had 5 in the last 2 days so need to add 2.5 syns to my diary!)

I bet you enjoyed your breakfast after being green for so long. Will be fascinated to see your results this week and how you enjoy it. I think EE doesn't feel like a diet at all. I am having people over for dinner tonight and they are having a sw EE friendly dinner and they have no idea!
Spicy parsnip soup
balsamic chicken with leeks and peppers
garlicky smashed potatoes

followed by a low syn citrus soaked sponge

Your percentage of weight loss is amazing. I can imagine how proud you feel.

I love the biggest loser but sadly we don't get the channel that it is on currently. I wish they would do one in england again.

Teresa

Back