Day 1 - 1st try!!!

Mazd323

Well I've started as planned. Hopefully this is day 1 of my successful journey!!
I started with an original porridge and I hope things get better because I really didn't like it. I couldn't even bring myself to finish the bowl.
Does anybody else feel like this?

hey chick

Im on day 1 too....this is my second time on CD first time i dropped 6 stone in 4 months and kept it off for 3 years (and even had a baby inbetween!) so its ssooo worth it! i want to lose about a stone and half this time as ive got lazy and put so much back on in the last 6 months!
Originally went from 15st to 9st and am now at 10st5lb and starting to get that unhappy feeling of letting it all go....

Good luck and keep posting this place is the only place that kept me sane before through the rough bitx xxxxx/

Mazd323 said:
Well I've started as planned. Hopefully this is day 1 of my successful journey!!
I started with an original porridge and I hope things get better because I really didn't like it. I couldn't even bring myself to finish the bowl.
Does anybody else feel like this?

Hey maz, welcome to the forum!
Sounds exactly like me, on day 1 I started with a maple and pecan porridge, it was so grim I had to force myself to finish it! I promise you it was easier n things will start tasting better once u get into ketosis, I recommend the chocolate mint or choc orange shakes blended with ice then drank through a straw! Life savers they taste so yummy! It's only the first day hun, only a few days to go and you'll be well in ketosis. I think u have to try the diff packs to work out which ones u like :) how are u getting on? X

Rider said:
Hey maz, welcome to the forum!
Sounds exactly like me, on day 1 I started with a maple and pecan porridge, it was so grim I had to force myself to finish it! I promise you it was easier n things will start tasting better once u get into ketosis, I recommend the chocolate mint or choc orange shakes blended with ice then drank through a straw! Life savers they taste so yummy! It's only the first day hun, only a few days to go and you'll be well in ketosis. I think u have to try the diff packs to work out which ones u like :) how are u getting on? X

Thank you for your replies. I'm actually surprised because I'm not hungry but obviously it's very early days!! I've even resisted a Krispy Kreme donut lol.
Did you carry on with the porridges or do you stick to the shakes?
Xx

I've got my first weigh in tomorrow. This is day seven for me. Hunger isn't an issue at the moment but I still find it hard to resist food. Not cheated yet so alls fine. Even took my daughter to mac donalads...i just had a coffee. keep trying them I didn't like one of mine at first now I reaaly like it. Trial and error.
good luck

ellis44 said:
I've got my first weigh in tomorrow. This is day seven for me. Hunger isn't an issue at the moment but I still find it hard to resist food. Not cheated yet so alls fine. Even took my daughter to mac donalads...i just had a coffee. keep trying them I didn't like one of mine at first now I reaaly like it. Trial and error.
good luck

Hi, Thank you. Good luck for tomorrow!!

Hi all

I'm on day 4 and my first Cambridge product was the maple and pecan porridge! I was shuddering while eating it!!! I immediately texted my consultant and took all the other porridges back and swapped them for shakes!

I really like the tetra packs (ready made shake) - all the flavours are lovely.

I really like all the powdered shakes I've tried so far. I blend them with ice and drink them through a straw.

I've also enjoyed the chicken and mushroom and oriental chilli soup. I wasn't quite so keen on the tomato but I think that was just because it was a pain to make.

I'm looking forward to week 3 when I can have bars and mousse!!

Hey ladies!! I've not heard of anyone yet that had liked the porridge apart from my CDC but lets face it she's paid to say that haha!!

All I have is the ready made shakes! I don't get much time to blend them up and don't like much else but looking out for a soup that most people like to try that!!

Tinker bell I've not heard of these mousses I'm now very excited lol will ask my CDC tomoro on my first weigh in!!
Good luck ladies x x

emmie83 said:
hey chick

Im on day 1 too....this is my second time on CD first time i dropped 6 stone in 4 months and kept it off for 3 years (and even had a baby inbetween!) so its ssooo worth it! i want to lose about a stone and half this time as ive got lazy and put so much back on in the last 6 months!
Originally went from 15st to 9st and am now at 10st5lb and starting to get that unhappy feeling of letting it all go....

Good luck and keep posting this place is the only place that kept me sane before through the rough bitx xxxxx/

This is amazing I will remember you when I hopefully get to goal weight :) how did you manage your weight while pregnant? :)

Hi everyone :) I like the porridges but they have to be blended before they go in the microwave and have more water than they say! Then they're lovely!! Keep going you're all doing great and come join us in team ideal :) more the merrier and the support is awesome x

I made the porridge like that! It didn't have the texture of actual porridge to me it was like melted ice cream with tiny bits and it made me gag haha!! I love real porridge so think that's my prob too x x

JessieJ said:
I made the porridge like that! It didn't have the texture of actual porridge to me it was like melted ice cream with tiny bits and it made me gag haha!! I love real porridge so think that's my prob too x x

I made it as it says on the instructions but I literally couldn't swallow it. I wasn't sure if it was the texture or the taste, having only tried the original one.

Well I tried the maple and pecan one because I love sweet stuff but it was sooooo sweet! :) was really excited bout it! I prob ate 3/4 but was so almost sick!! X x

Good luck for the weigh in tomorrow x I think I'll try 1 porridge but stick to the shakes for the first week from what I've read

Sorry pressed send by accident!!

It's my first day today. I've had an original porridge (which was horrible), a mango shake then a chicken and mushroom soup. These 2 were both fine. I'm not sure I've drank enough but I've got through the day. ?

Well done I use the Buxton still 1L bottle to drink my water it really helps! I try to down as much as I can, which is usually half. and I only have to do this 6times to make sure I'm getting enough water x
Anybody any tips on "ketosis breath" haha????? Seriously??? X

Apparently the mousse powder you add to the shakes and leave to set in fridge. Let us know what your CDC says!

Re ketosis breath - my brother told me my breath smelt like death! Nice! I had some gum and chewed it just for a few minutes. I find drinking more helps too!

Re the soups - get a chicken and mushroom one to try, I found that nice with some black pepper on top :) x

Drunk Tinkerbell said:
Apparently the mousse powder you add to the shakes and leave to set in fridge. Let us know what your CDC says!

Re ketosis breath - my brother told me my breath smelt like death! Nice! I had some gum and chewed it just for a few minutes. I find drinking more helps too!

Re the soups - get a chicken and mushroom one to try, I found that nice with some black pepper on top :) x

Cool I will defo ask her tomoro!!
Your brother is funny ppl say to me it's like poo! Prob one of the worst things cause you can't control it but will drink more water and chew gum constantly!! ;) I will get that soup too thank for your help hun its amazing!!! Spk 2moro x x

Back