Step 1 Sole Source Day 1 again, 6st off but 6st on !

Well done on 4lbs loss!! Bravo :) You've already done fabulously well on track, looking forward to your New Years Eve goal being surpassed! x

Well done chick. Your amazing determination is definitely paying off. It will be lovely to see the 14's in a couple of weeks. Feels so good seeing the next number down doesn't it? Keep it up hun, you're inspiring me to try hard to stick to this too. x

Well girls another day over and the lemon bar was flipping fab :D

The days are flying by and today is only 42 days until Xmas and 48 days until NYE, My initial goal for NYE was going to be 14.12 which would have been 2 stone off . Im now wanting to get down to 14.2 Which is just over another stone off ( currently 15.5 ) and should still be achievable even with my planned breaks for my Dec outings etc the dress i had for last year fits as its a stretchy fabric but I just need the lumps and bumps to shrink a lot so i feel happy to wear it.

Hope everyone has had a great day and a fab 100% start to the week ;-)

Morning all :)

Day 23 here in Angel world and I'm still feeling FAB ! I'm itching to start running or something !
I have 2 days off tomorrow and Friday so hope go get at least a walk in but I would love to get a 1st run in !
My thing with jogging is I've not done it since school Also I would be mortified at people seeing me ! There is a local track which I'm planning on going to under the cover of darkness :)

My next weigh in is Nov 26th and I'm wanting to Maximise my loss as much as possible. I will do whatever it blooming well takes to get to my goal weight !
I want to look outside how I feel inside,
For those who haven't seen my photos in the inspirational thread here is a photo of me last year and a photo of me now :-(

image-3367080877.jpg

Now ! Not a full length one but a massive difference

image-1625637061.jpg

Just about at goal last year !
I still have the jeans and blouse and will get back into them :)

You still look just as gorgeous now! Another 100% day today for us both honey! We can do this! I'm aiming for 4lbs this week & after jumping on the scale i'm down by a pound. Still 5 days to go! xoxo

Thanks Vita, it's amazing how looking at a photo can keep me so motivated but by god I want to feel how I did in the " slim " photo and I'm not going to stop until I get there.
We're all doing utterly fab and we will be rewarded handsomely for our efforts :)
You can easy do 4lb this week, you know you can x x x x

Just a quick question for anyone who joggs ?

I'm Wanting to start and am wondering if the kcal burned is much better than walking or if I'm best to stick with just the walking ?

I'm seriously thinking if doing a 5 k run to see how I get on, it's JUST over 3 mile which is nothing compared to my mammoth walks but am interested to see if the extra effort is worth it ?

Hope that makes sense x

You burn around 600-700 kcals jogging for an hour but because it's much more intense than walking, you burn more calories for longer once you've stopped. So one jog can increase your metabolism for up to 48 hours. High intensity interval training is the best thing for long term calorie burning and muscle/endurance building xx

I run three times a week and probably wouldn't recommend it at over 15 stone, purely because it places a lot of strain on your joints and its too full on an exercise if you are SS ing. Walking is absolutely plenty at this point - maybe step it up when you get within a couple of stone of your goal weight.

Calorie burn is a very individual thing. I burn 450 with a half hour run and about the same doing 45 minutes of Spin

Well done on your achievements so far.

Wow!! Your pics. The difference is obviously noticeable but heck you are actually gorgeous in both pics. Honestly! I hope when we reach goal we can all stay here and support each other through maintenance and beyond.
As for running, it's not really recommended while on SS. Walking is ideal. Running burns more carbs, walking burns more fat. Interval training is the best as said above. That's what I do with my DVD's but its hard work because we're on under 500kcal a day and have no Glycogen stores to fuel the muscles when they get fatigued. But I know people who work out for 2 hours at the gym or go running while doing SS! So I would really see how you feel whatever you decide to do.
Do you feel more motivated to exercise more because of the weight you have lost or because of what you want to lose? X

Just a quick question for anyone who joggs ?

I'm Wanting to start and am wondering if the kcal burned is much better than walking or if I'm best to stick with just the walking ?

I'm seriously thinking if doing a 5 k run to see how I get on, it's JUST over 3 mile which is nothing compared to my mammoth walks but am interested to see if the extra effort is worth it ?

Hope that makes sense x
Hiya love, I would stick to just walking for a bit, one of my friends is a trainer and he said the same as Greta re strain on joints, the last thing you want is to get injured and stop yourself from even being able to go out walking. You're doing fab as it is so just carry on doing what your doing for a bit longer x

Thanks girls :)
As always very good advice. Which I will take on board and I will stick with my walking for now.

Another 100 % day today although I've had a few cravings, my TOTM is due anytime within the week so I know it's just associated with that.

Just in from work and going to bed more or less straight away tonight as I'm off to York shopping with the hubby tomorrow, but Xmas shopping and if I'm lucky a nice trip to Mulberry for my Xmas prezzie :)
Lots of walking and a few drinks along the way, I may go wild and have sparking water instead of still lol !

Hope everyone has had another fab day x x x

To be honest both pictures are lovely, but I know what you mean .... I too sometimes look at pics I took near goal last time, then look at pictures of me now and think "Oi, that fat chick swallowed the skinny me!" :(

You're well on your way to getting back to the you on the inside .... Go on treat yourself to the sparkling water lol xx Here's to another 100 percent day tomorrow x

Last edited:
Hi Angel,just checking in to see how you're doing.

I remember that photo of you in the skinny jeans and white top from last year-you were an inspiration then and to get back on the Cambridge diet the way you have done it this time....you're even more of an inspiration now.It takes so much to get your head in the right place to do these diets so well done and keep going!!!

Hope you have that photo enlarged on the fridge to stop all temptations-I'd nearly use yours on my fridge???

Ooh mulberry! I'm a big fan and have two antonys and a dario. Funds don't stretch to any more :)

Sent from my C6903 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Angel,just checking in to see how you're doing. I remember that photo of you in the skinny jeans and white top from last year-you were an inspiration then and to get back on the Cambridge diet the way you have done it this time....you're even more of an inspiration now.It takes so much to get your head in the right place to do these diets so well done and keep going!!! Hope you have that photo enlarged on the fridge to stop all temptations-I'd nearly use yours on my fridge???

That is such a nice thing to say ? thank you :)

I may get fridge magnet of it, it is THE one that keeps me on track even more so than my wedding photos lol.

Day 24 and doing great thanks. Always nice to catch up with a old " face "

x x x x

Ooh mulberry! I'm a big fan and have two antonys and a dario. Funds don't stretch to any more :) Sent from my C6903 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hubby bought me my 1st for our wedding anniversary in Sept, Daria hobo, I love it :)
The shop in York is a outlet shop so can be hitty missy depending what they have :) worth a visit if your close by though x

Morning all,

Still going great guns but my moods are shocking ( and not just because I didn't get a Mulberry lol ) My monthly friends are due anytime :-(

My appointment for the hospital arrived and it's ages away so that must be a good sign, mon 16 Dec.

Another day off with the hubby so as we always do we will be popping out and about to the shops.

Hope everyone is doing great, sorry not posted / read much but hubby keeps me on my toes :)

x x x x

Back